X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Rams sign Groy to offer sheet

Haven't heard terms, other than 2 years.
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Rams sign Groy to offer sheet

Yikes. Was looking forward to the Bills bringing that guy back. They can match, I assume.

Comment

• GingerP
      • Aug 2012

Makes sense since they hired Aaron Kromer to coach their OL. He knows the player.

If they don't match and lose him when for $900K more they could have given him a 2nd-round tender, it will be another example of this front-office misjudging the market for one of their players (Hogan). At some point Whaley has to be held accountable for that.

Comment

• GingerP
        • Aug 2012

Per Spotrac, the Rams have $5M less in cap room than the Bills. Hopefully that means the contract isn't too bad and they can match.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Not to mention it's an important piece and Groy came relatively inexpensively.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
            Makes sense since they hired Aaron Kromer to coach their OL. He knows the player.

If they don't match and lose him when for $900K more they could have given him a 2nd-round tender, it will be another example of this front-office misjudging the market for one of their players (Hogan). At some point Whaley has to be held accountable for that.

That isn't what of Whaley Kim is holding.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Maybe they are letting another team set the market for Groy...we'll see.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• GingerP
                  • Aug 2012

2 Yrs/$5M, $3.5M guaranteed.

Not bad at all, would think they will match it fairly quickly.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

They better match it.

He was excellent at C and there was almost no drop-off.

Wood is not guaranteed to come back the same player so 2.5 mil for a starting C is more than fair.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                      2 Yrs/$5M, $3.5M guaranteed.

Not bad at all, would think they will match it fairly quickly.
                      It'll be matched.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

It damn well better be matched.

Groy filled in admirably for Wood and those are big shoes to fill.

That's the kind of insurance policy at C most teams simply do not have.
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                          It'll be matched.
                          If they don't match it will require one heck of an explanation to justify signing Mills and allowing Groy to walk.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

Certainly, Buffalo can match it. I like what Groy did last season. However, I wonder. Buffalo signed Vladimir Ducasse. I find myself wondering if they are the same player in Buffalo's collective mind. Ducasse is primarily an interior lineman, though he has played a little tackle (I think he came into the league as a college tackle). I'm always thinking about roster numbers. Eight or nine is the number of offensive linemen typically carried on an NFL roster. Without Groy, Buffalo currently has as established holdovers; Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller, Mills, Kouandjio, Henderson, and Patrick Lewis. By my count, that's 8. They also have Michael Ola, who is kind of a utility lineman, (has played some guard and OT) and of course Ducasse. That makes 10, and Groy would make 11. I question whether Lewis makes the team, and the Bills may also be tired of dealing with Henderson's Crohn's disease and related marijuana use, but they may still decide that bringing Groy back at the higher cap number the Rams' offer sheet will require is a luxury they can live without.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• elroy16
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                              Certainly, Buffalo can match it. I like what Groy did last season. However, I wonder. Buffalo signed Vladimir Ducasse. I find myself wondering if they are the same player in Buffalo's collective mind. Ducasse is primarily an interior lineman, though he has played a little tackle (I think he came into the league as a college tackle). I'm always thinking about roster numbers. Eight or nine is the number of offensive linemen typically carried on an NFL roster. Without Groy, Buffalo currently has as established holdovers; Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller, Mills, Kouandjio, Henderson, and Patrick Lewis. By my count, that's 8. They also have Michael Ola, who is kind of a utility lineman, (has played some guard and OT) and of course Ducasse. That makes 10, and Groy would make 11. I question whether Lewis makes the team, and the Bills may also be tired of dealing with Henderson's Crohn's disease and related marijuana use, but they may still decide that bringing Groy back at the higher cap number the Rams' offer sheet will require is a luxury they can live without.
                              I think Groy, Ducasse, and Kouandjio would make a decent trio of backups. Kujo plays LT well, Ducasse can play some guard and T, and Groy can play C and some guard.

I guess it depends what they think of Lewis as he's the only real center left after Wood.

Comment

Working...
                              X