PDA

View Full Version : Andre Holmes signs with Bills

zone
03-15-2017, 03:50 PM
The Bills have added their third free agent wide receiver of the year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/andre-holmes-signs-with-bills/

Jaybird
03-15-2017, 03:51 PM
He tweeted it's not done

JoeMama
03-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Just saw his tweet denying the signing.

You'd think a guy coming off two consecutive 14 catch seasons would jump at the opportunity to sign a 4.5 milly deal.

Weird but whatever.

He's just another body to the mix if we get him. If not, we'll find another body.

Luisito23
03-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Stupid camp fodder...:dizzy:

swiper
03-15-2017, 04:10 PM
Gang of no-names.

swiper
03-15-2017, 04:21 PM
He tweeted it's not done

But the NFLPA say they have the paperwork.

- - - Updated - - -

Bills Daily Retweeted

Joe Buscaglia ✔ @JoeBuscaglia

#Bills say Holmes hasn't signed. Holmes says he hasn't signed. The NFLPA has a contract for Holmes. Well alright.

Cali512
03-15-2017, 04:51 PM
I actually would LOVE Holmes.

TigerJ
03-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Essentially a Justin Hunter replacement.

TacklingDummy
03-15-2017, 05:37 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

streetkings01
03-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Essentially a Justin Hunter replacement.Same thing I was thinking. Looks like we're signing potential guys at WR and hoping someone turns into a good player for us.

mdcas22
03-15-2017, 06:46 PM
holmes was the #3 wr last year with the Raiders so it should be a upgrade over Hunter.

OLDSRIP
03-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Essentially a Justin Hunter replacement.
Fake news

feldspar
03-15-2017, 07:03 PM
The Bills are Holmesless

Night Train
03-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Maybe the Bills can entice him with a furnished flat on Baker St.

JoeMama
03-15-2017, 07:48 PM
LOLZ maybe he's too embarrassed to admit he's now a Buffalo Bill.

Lord knows I would.

Night Train
03-15-2017, 07:49 PM
Maybe the Bills can entice him with a furnished flat on Baker St.

But then they'd have to draft Watson from Clemson to keep him happy..I hate Watson but Mrs. Hudson loves him..

Screw it..

JoeMama
03-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Baker Street is a killer jam.

The Jokeman
03-15-2017, 09:32 PM
The key to tweet to me is yet. Probably just a formality of him actually putting pen to paper.

BillsFan4
03-15-2017, 11:45 PM
I really hope the Bills get this done. He could possibly be our #2 WR next year (depending on who else is added to the roster) or at worst the #3 (I'd take him over Justin Hunter or Goodwin any day of the week...).
Holmes has got a lot of talent. He was the #3 in Oakland but he was stuck behind 2 very good WR's. This would be a great signing IMO.

SpikedLemonade
03-16-2017, 05:23 AM
WHALEY IS AN IDIOT.

Topas
03-16-2017, 06:09 AM
I think Whaley is very good at signing decent low price guys. See Alexander, Brown etc.
The Problem is we need a QB. If Whaley is the GM with a top tier QB we would all talk about his genius. Indy would be the perfect place for him. He would get them competitive.
However, without a QB ...

SpikedLemonade
03-16-2017, 07:00 AM
I think Whaley is very good at signing decent low price guys. See Alexander, Brown etc.
The Problem is we need a QB. If Whaley is the GM with a top tier QB we would all talk about his genius. Indy would be the perfect place for him. He would get them competitive.
However, without a QB ...

Too simple of an analysis.

There are only 12 real franchise QBs in NFL yet other teams find a way.

The King
03-16-2017, 07:42 AM
Too simple of an analysis.

There are only 12 real franchise QBs in NFL yet other teams find a way.

Are there even 12?

Yasgur's Farm
03-16-2017, 08:25 AM
WHALEY IS AN IDIOT.<iframe width="636" height="358" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ANDfYWV5bE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sukie
03-16-2017, 08:31 AM
Brady, Aaron, Ben, Eli, Cam, Luck, Wilson, Ryan, Rivers, Brees, Flacco, (Cousins or Dalton or Mariotta or Winston or Carr) There is 12

Buffalogic
03-16-2017, 09:17 AM
So is this guy on the team or not?

Cali512
03-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Brady, Aaron, Ben, Eli, Cam, Luck, Wilson, Ryan, Rivers, Brees, Flacco, (Cousins or Dalton or Mariotta or Winston or Carr) There is 12

Mariota, Flacco, Rivers, and Eli are erratic as ****. All have the ceiling of top ten, but floor of bottom 20-25. Flacco and Eli have either led or came close to leading the NFL in INTs, Rivers throws ints every time he has a chance to throw the ball in the fourth

The Jokeman
03-16-2017, 10:48 AM
So is this guy on the team or not?

Not yet but hopefully as would hate to think this gets ruined because some idiot at the NFLPA paperwork office mistakenly reported it the media too quickly. As Holmes would in the very least replace Easley but could also replace Hunter aka fill two positions in one which, to me, makes him valuable. Hopefully Lorenzo Alexander can help convince him to join us.

Forward_Lateral
03-16-2017, 10:53 AM
Mariota, Flacco, Rivers, and Eli are erratic as ****. All have the ceiling of top ten, but floor of bottom 20-25. Flacco and Eli have either led or came close to leading the NFL in INTs, Rivers throws ints every time he has a chance to throw the ball in the fourth
If you don't think Eli, Rivers or Flacco are elite, you should just quit watching NFL football right this moment.

Joe Fo Sho
03-16-2017, 10:56 AM
If you don't think Eli, Rivers or Flacco are elite, you should just quit watching NFL football right this moment.

If you think that's bad, you should hear him talk about Tyrod.

kingJofNYC
03-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Flacco isn't elite, he's not a tier 1 QB in my eyes. He's smart though, throws deep all game long, and the outcome is usually pass interference, touchdown, or int/incomplete. Mariota's going to be, kid is an absolute stud. Wait until they get some receiving weapons.

Dr. Lecter
03-16-2017, 10:57 AM

Didn't you yell at me the other week for arguing with clueless people?

Forward_Lateral
03-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Didn't you yell at me the other week for arguing with clueless people?

Yes. Please slap my hand next time.

Cali512
03-16-2017, 11:04 AM

They are inconsistent. All have had great years but at times will lead the NFL in sacks or turnovers.

Also with Tyrod, I never say he's elite by any means. I say he has a ceiling and floor of 15-25. What I am saying about Flacco, Eli, and Rivers is they have games where they play horrible. Like 4-5 ints and some fumbles bad.

It's pretty interesting how black and white yall see things. Elite is a consistency thing. So far the only players who have been consistently top 10 there whole career are Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and Cousins (based on when he finally grew up, he's been elite the past 2-3 yrs)

Everyone else has has multiple years with a mass amounts of turnovers and bad records

Mariotta, Carr, and Winston all are on the path to be elite. But Carr has definitely been the most consistent thus far. I don't start really evaluating a QB untill year 3 because that's when they finally know how the NFL works and can be comfortable.

If all you are looking at is yards, then yes Eli rivers and flacci are consistently elite. But if you look at turnovers to judge bad QBs, then all would have years in the bottom halfs

JoeMama
03-16-2017, 11:42 AM
WHALEY IS AN IDIOT.

Can you speak up a little? I can't hear you!

JoeMama
03-16-2017, 12:01 PM
BTW Whaley's only half an idiot.

Dude's money at finding defensive talent. It's beyond question.

He's just subpar at drafting offensive talent, and completely incompetent at drafting QBs. And that's what's sinking our franchise. Whaley's inability to ID a franchise QB.

Dr. Who
03-16-2017, 12:14 PM
I like Whaley. Qb is an issue, but it's not too late.
I hope we consider Watson and Mahomes.

JoeMama
03-16-2017, 12:20 PM
I like Whaley. Qb is an issue, but it's not too late.
I hope we consider Watson and Mahomes.

Mahomes if he falls in the draft, maybe. Watson at any pick, absolutamente no!

1) Lack of vision/stares down targets
2) Easily duped into interceptions due to failure to read defenses (I watched him do this vs FSU).
3) Deep ball accuracy sucks (EJ redux)
4) Not great on crossing and slant routes (EJ and TT redux)
5) Will struggle to transition from read option offense to NFL offense.
6) Lean frame may lead to injury concerns in the NFL (Sammy Watkins syndrome)

I cannot under any circumstances, short of playing for Bill Belichick, envision D. Watson will panning out.

justasportsfan
03-16-2017, 12:31 PM
Looks like he made his living fighting for catches while in tight coverage. Unless Rico tells or can teach Tyrod to throw in tight coverage, Holmes wont see a lot of balls thrown his way unless hes wide open jumping up and down while Tyrod is scrambling.

Dr. Lecter
03-16-2017, 12:32 PM
You forgot the "less than 10 yards down field" part.

Dumb ass.

PrimeTime
03-16-2017, 01:32 PM
WHALEY IS AN IDIOT.
Only idiot here is your post

SpikedLemonade
03-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Only idiot here is your post

Are you a relative of his or a lover or both?

SpikedLemonade
03-16-2017, 02:16 PM

He's just subpar at drafting offensive talent, and completely incompetent at drafting QBs. And that's what's sinking our franchise. Whaley's inability to ID a franchise QB.

He does NOT pick good defensive players.

The only credit I will give him is that he was smart enough to know that if he sexually satisfied the Dragon Lady Kim (Terry no longer can) that he would be kept around no matter how bad of a GM he is.

- - - Updated - - -

He does NOT pick good defensive players.

The only credit I will give him is that he was smart enough to know that if he sexually satisfied the Dragon Lady Kim (Terry no longer can) that he would be kept around no matter how bad of a GM he is.

Thurmal
03-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Flacco isn't elite, he's not a tier 1 QB in my eyes. He's smart though, throws deep all game long, and the outcome is usually pass interference, touchdown, or int/incomplete.
Flacco won a SB, and during that playoff run he had 11 TDs with 0 picks AND he outdueled Manning and Brady in their primes on the road. That's about as good as it gets.

Cali512
03-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Lorenzo, Zach Brown, Darby, Hughes, Shaq, Seymour, and what should be a promising pick in Reggie Ragland, beg to differ

Cali512
03-16-2017, 02:20 PM
Flacco won a SB, and during that playoff run he had 11 TDs with 0 picks AND he outdueled Manning and Brady in their primes on the road. That's about as good as it gets.

He had an elite season, ill give you that. To be elite, means you continue being elite for a long period of time. Not just one season. An elite player should be a HOFer. A player with a few elite seasons will not

That is the exact reason why Rivers and Flacco are not hall of gamers, and Eli\Romo may not get in either

History may look more favorably to Eli though when time passes

Joe Fo Sho
03-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Lorenzo, Zach Brown, Darby, Hughes, Shaq, Seymour, and what should be a promising pick in Reggie Ragland, beg to differ

How on Earth can you give credit to a guy for bringing in players that haven't even started a game yet? Being a 'promising' player means absolutely nothing.

Man, the homers really come out of the woodwork during the offseason.

kingJofNYC
03-16-2017, 03:24 PM
You're forgetting what happened against Manning and the Broncos. He was having a mediocre game, barely completing above 50%, and air mailed a throw on 3rd down with less than 40 seconds to go that should have been intercepted but went for 6 to tie up the game. Flacco should have thrown an int to end the game and kill any chance of the Ravens advancing, but he was bailed out by an epic **** up in the secondary. That pass accounted for 20% of his yards on that day, and it was pure luck. History has him as a hero, but he could easily have been the guy who choked in a big spot. Hasn't done **** since to be honest.

Cali512
03-16-2017, 03:27 PM
How on Earth can you give credit to a guy for bringing in players that haven't even started a game yet? Being a 'promising' player means absolutely nothing.

Man, the homers really come out of the woodwork during the offseason.

I give you Ragland, and I actually already said what should be a promising pick. I loved Ragland coming put of the draft and he still imo was a good pick

Seymour played last year and did alright. He had a few PDs and was our slot CB for the end half of the season

Joe Fo Sho
03-16-2017, 03:35 PM
I give you Ragland, and I actually already said what should be a promising pick. I loved Ragland coming put of the draft and he still imo was a good pick

Seymour played last year and did alright. He had a few PDs and was our slot CB for the end half of the season

You're right on Seymour. I guess I just thought he didn't play because I don't remember seeing him make an impact with his 12 tackles. Still, hard to say that he was anything above an average pickup that any GM in the NFL could have made.

Cali512
03-16-2017, 03:39 PM
You're right on Seymour. I guess I just thought he didn't play because I don't remember seeing him make an impact with his 12 tackles. Still, hard to say that he was anything above an average pickup that any GM in the NFL could have made.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it was a stretch to list him. But he did have a decent rookie season for being a 6th rounder. Also it was 22 tackles and 3 PDs. He did a good job staying with the receiver and was almost never out of position. He showed a lot of promise and a lot of people around here are pretty content with him as our slot CB this year. I would consider that a win honestly, maybe not an elite player but after the 4th, if the player is good enough to start than you have to consider it a success.

YardRat
03-16-2017, 05:37 PM

I'm going to disagree a little bit with this...Flacco certainly had an exceptional post season and put up decent stats, but Anquan Boldin was the man for that team, that post season. He made several catches, including game-changers, that really had no business being completions and without his performance the Ravens would be just another team that lost in the playoffs.

feldspar
03-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Flacco would have brought the Ravens to another Super Bowl had our very own Lee Evans not dropped that pass (or at least failed to secure it) at the end of a Championship game against the hated Pats.

Night Train
03-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Back on topic

Holmes did come in and visit with the Bills today.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/842449429990899712

GingerP
03-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Holmes has agreed and is signing:

https://twitter.com/dreholmes18/status/843162042366418944

YardRat
03-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Nice.

IMO the tank-less re-build is going pretty well.

djjimkelly
03-18-2017, 02:13 PM
this is a very solid signing. ive watched alot of carr the last couple years and this guy is a very good player.

jimmifli
03-18-2017, 02:19 PM
WHALEY IS AN IDIOT.
This says otherwise (https://i.imgur.com/JEx0Fhh.png).

YardRat
03-18-2017, 02:38 PM
I'd like to see the contract numbers.

YardRat
03-18-2017, 03:20 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/18/14968316/buffalo-bills-andre-holmes-sign-nfl-free-agency-receiver

No holdup this time... the Buffalo Bills (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/buffalo-bills) and free-agent wide receiver Andre Holmes (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/133455/andre-holmes) have agreed to a three-year contract worth $6.5 million (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/843167395250388992) total, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/843167395250388992).

TigerJ
03-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Holmes has agreed and is signing:

https://twitter.com/dreholmes18/status/843162042366418944

Up on the official web site now.

sudzy
03-18-2017, 06:28 PM

LOL. He brings up Ragland to defend Whaley as a GM? Has he even finished an NFL practice, yet? Is he even a good fit for this new defense? Alexander and Browns were go FA pick ups, but, Whaley gets Cs in the draft department.

ICRockets
03-18-2017, 06:43 PM
LOL. He brings up Ragland to defend Whaley as a GM? Has he even finished an NFL practice, yet? Is he even a good fit for this new defense? Alexander and Browns were go FA pick ups, but, Whaley gets Cs in the draft department.

How was Ragland's injury Whaley's fault?

sudzy
03-18-2017, 06:52 PM
How was Ragland's injury Whaley's fault?

Did I say it was? But, to bring Ragland up as an example of what a great job Whaley is doing? Come on.

Must be a slow day over in the PR&S forum.

Night Train
03-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Still more work to do but the Bills don't need to reach on Draft weekend. They've done FAR more than I expected. I read the Bills couldn't sign anyone with the least cap space...according to some website. :rolleyes:

Nothing earth shattering but the depth chart looks tons better.

swiper
03-19-2017, 06:43 AM
Still more work to do but the Bills don't need to reach on Draft weekend. They've done FAR more than I expected. I read the Bills couldn't sign anyone with the least cap space...according to some website. :rolleyes:

Nothing earth shattering but the depth chart looks tons better.

But they apparently still have a long way to go. So they will add to the pile of no-name talent they have already signed. They are just looking for warm bodies to fill out the training camp roster. And more than usual due to the contracts that OBD has strapped them with previously:

Mike Rodak
✔ @mikerodak

For context, Bills have NFL’s second-fewest players (59). They also have fewest draft choices (6). Not great combo at this point of process.

Cali512
03-19-2017, 10:17 AM
But they apparently still have a long way to go. So they will add to the pile of no-name talent they have already signed. They are just looking for warm bodies to fill out the training camp roster. And more than usual due to the contracts that OBD has strapped them with previously:

Right now we need

3 DB, preferably 1 starter
2 backup DL (Bryant and Douzable aren't signed)
1 backup MLB and preferably a young true WLB (in case Zo doesn't fit)
1 vet QB at least I hope
1 starting WR

It isn't horrible but we still have a while to get to what we need.

Then there is also the fact that we need to upgrade our TE if Clay can't stay healthy, RT depending on Sentrel, and then our LB if Zo isn't ready.
I don't remember but if Tulloch is available grab him

Buddo
03-19-2017, 12:13 PM

Just because we can have 90 TC bodies, doesn't mean we have to have that many. Once you get beyond about 65 guys, the rest are just guesswork, with the odd one or two, worth hanging onto.