X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Deshawn Shead in buffalo

He's visiting today and was the corner opposite of Sherman. He played really solid last year and would be our number 2. I would probably put Darby, Shead, and Seymour at CBs. Then try Poyer at SS, and Hyde at FS.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Deshawn Shead in buffalo

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
    He's visiting today and was the corner opposite of Sherman. He played really solid last year and would be our number 2. I would probably put Darby, Shead, and Seymour at CBs. Then try Poyer at SS, and Hyde at FS.
    If he can suit up, that injury he took in the playoffs is a big reason he's even available to sign. I'd take the chance as long as it's on a three year or more year deal with performance/game time incentives. Yet even if he still signs I'd be looking for a CB in the first three rounds just incase.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
      If he can suit up, that injury he took in the playoffs is a big reason he's even available to sign. I'd take the chance as long as it's on a three year or more year deal with performance/game time incentives. Yet even if he still signs I'd be looking for a CB in the first three rounds just incase.

I think we will be fine. Even without Shead, Darby, Hyde, Seymour isn't horrible. We would just need a safety

No matter what we do need another safety/CB depending on where we put Hyde
      Last edited by Cali512; 03-16-2017, 11:16 AM.
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

I think we will be fine. Even without Shead, Darby, Hyde, Seymour isn't horrible. We would just need a safety

The Bills probably don't know where they're putting Hyde until their roster is finalized so that's why I bring in Shead to a team friendly deal. It gives us more options.

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

That's what I'm thinking. If we get a CB, put Hyde at S, if we get a S, keep him at CB

Comment

• BillsFan4
            • Mar 2017

Another versatile guy. Definitely seems to be the type of player McDermott likes.

I'd be pretty happy if he signed here. Was pretty surprised that Seattle didn't tender him. They still want to bring him back though. I guess they're hoping his knee injury will keep the price tag down...

Hopefully the Bills can steal him. Even if he won't be ready for training camp I still think it'd be worth signing him.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Great!!!!

May be we do NOT go full ****** and draft a CB at the #10 spot.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Poyer got a starter's contact from Buffalo. There are 64 starting safeties in the league and Poyer's contract ranks 36thamong league safeties.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                  Poyer got a starter's contact from Buffalo. There are 64 starting safeties in the league and Poyer's contract ranks 36thamong league safeties.

That's why I said another safety or CB

Poyer is one safety

If we get a safety, Hyde goes to CB probably
                  If we get a CB, Hyde would probably be the other CB

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Sign Shead. Claiborne to the Jets and Carr to the Cowboys. He'd be a solid signing.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I think Hyde is going to play safety regardless of what acquisitions the team makes from this point on.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

I read the 2 tears in his knee won't mend in time to even make the opener.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          I read the 2 tears in his knee won't mend in time to even make the opener.
                          Hell we draft guys in the 1st round that can't play for a year, so what the heck?
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

I like Shead. He really brings the wood.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Sign this nobody and I guarantee a CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X