PDA

View Full Version : Should we sign Derrell Revis

Mahdi
03-17-2017, 10:01 AM
His legal issues appear to be over first of all...

Second, I like the idea of a player of his caliber coming off a horrible year and the motivation that he will have to prove himself as one of the top CBs in the game.

When he injured his knee back in 2012 he came back strong and was dominant for the Pats and they rode him and Brady to the SB.

I think he brings intangible qualities and worst case he can be moved to S. He's smart and we need that in our secondary.

Last I think the Bills new defensive scheme is a good fit for him with his reduced athleticism. He will be asked to cover 1on1 less and do more reading from zone coverages.

IMO it would be a great move...

Jaybird
03-17-2017, 10:12 AM
We need a vet at corner and safety. At this point Revis has lost a step, but he wont be asked to play as much 1-1 in our system.

Jan Reimers
03-17-2017, 10:26 AM
I'd give it a definite maybe. Depends on the money, and what he has left.

JoeMama
03-17-2017, 10:27 AM
I think his contract demands (despite being on the downside of his career) will be too high.

There's always some team that will overpay for a 'name' player.

Plus he tends to mentally check out completely when he's not winning.

I'd take him since we need the help at CB. But I'm totally indifferent to where he goes.

Ed
03-17-2017, 11:55 AM
It sounds like he really wants to play for the Steelers. Says it would be a dream come true.

daryls61
03-17-2017, 11:58 AM
No, he is shot.

EDS
03-17-2017, 12:17 PM
Definite no. If you are trying to compete for a championship maybe you take a flyer he has something left but the Bills are better off signing or developing someone who can be a multi-year solution (or at least a potential multi-year solution).

Bill Cody
03-17-2017, 12:32 PM
He should move to safety he can't play corner anymore.

Pinkerton Security
03-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Depending on the cost, absolutely. Theres no more Revis island, but he could be a mentor to younger guys and I think he could still play well enough to warrant a 5 mill a year deal. I think he will want more than that though

Mouldsie
03-17-2017, 04:58 PM
1 year deal if we're not tanking would be a solid move.... draft Sidney Lewis round 2/3

YardRat
03-17-2017, 05:09 PM
No thanks, and I certainly don't remember him being dominant when he was with the Patriots.

Mouldsie
03-17-2017, 05:13 PM
No thanks, and I certainly don't remember him being dominant when he was with the Patriots.

He was very very good with them. Last year was his fall-off season.... well week 17 2015 was his fall-off

Albany,n.y.
03-17-2017, 06:23 PM
He quit on the Jets last year-just like Mario did in his final Bills season. His body was on the field but his mind was elsewhere. We don't need that.

OpIv37
03-17-2017, 06:36 PM
No. This would wreak of a Russ Brandon "let's get lots of publicity!" move

jimmifli
03-17-2017, 07:23 PM

That's why we can't do it. It undermine's our new coach. "Earning the right to win" gets an eye roll from the locker room when the front office is bringing in guys that don't play hard on every play. McD doesn't need the drama created by benching Revis for not playing hard, and if he's not willing to bench him...

Bill could bench Revis, but he's got a mitt full of rings. A first time HC doing that would be a **** show.

So far there has been great alignment with our signings. All of them a versatile players that play hard, and most even contribute on special teams. I like the attempt at building culture!

TigerJ
03-17-2017, 08:06 PM
I think his contract demands (despite being on the downside of his career) will be too high.

I'd take him since we need the help at CB. But I'm totally indifferent to where he goes.This is about where I am. I don't think it will happen.

BertSquirtgum
03-19-2017, 02:45 AM
Darrell Revis would be no good as a corner. http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bhurtgam/thumbsDOWN_zpsojpkwnr2.jpg http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bhurtgam/thumbsDOWN_zpsojpkwnr2.jpg http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bhurtgam/thumbsDOWN_zpsojpkwnr2.jpg Now, as a safety, I think that would work pretty damn good. But, I think he would still want too much money to make it worth it to the Bills. http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bhurtgam/thumbup_zpsxvxpdzw7.gif http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bhurtgam/thumbup_zpsxvxpdzw7.gif http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bhurtgam/thumbup_zpsxvxpdzw7.gif

mush69
03-19-2017, 03:09 AM
Just say NO!

mdcas22
03-19-2017, 02:14 PM
I'd give it a definite maybe. Depends on the money, and what he has left.

he is gonna make 6 mil minus any contract he gets so the Bills could give him the vet Min, and he still makes 6 mil. Id do that and tell him if his production is back close to what it use to be at years end give him a decent one.

mdcas22
03-19-2017, 02:17 PM

I'd take him since we need the help at CB. But I'm totally indifferent to where he goes.

he has 6 mil of guaranteed money coming to him in 2017.

YardRat
03-19-2017, 02:26 PM
I want 'young and hungry', not 'old and settled'.

stuckincincy
03-19-2017, 09:34 PM

You are correct on the contract demands...

There's buzz about a Darrelle Revis-Patriots reunion, but there's one big obstacle
Revis would have to be willing to play for the Patriots for free
Will Brinson CBS Sports

..."There are definitely some concerns here, and one huge obstacle to a potential deal. Yup, it’s money.

Revis has long been one of the best in the business at making the most possible money and making sure whatever team employed him was forking over as much cash as possible.

However, it’s going to be tough to make it happen this time around. See, Revis is going to get $6 million from the Jets in 2017 whether he’s playing football or not. If the Patriots pay him $2 million, he won’t get to double dip. So in essence, he’d be playing football for free if he takes a contract for anything less than $6 million. (One anonymous GM wouldn’t even want him for free .)

Unfortunately for Revis, his play has declined enough where he’s not going to find an $8 million deal in free agency, and he’s definitely not going to find that kind of cash in Belichick’s coffers."...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/theres-buzz-about-a-darrelle-revis-patriots-reunion-but-theres-one-big-obstacle/

Luisito23
03-19-2017, 10:03 PM
This guy shouldn't even be discussed...He's old, played out, and always been money hungry...I'd much rather take an undrafted rookie than this greedy has-been.

SpikedLemonade
03-19-2017, 11:40 PM
I want 'young and hungry', not 'old and settled'.

What a terrible way of talking about your spouse.

For your sake, I hope she does not think the same of you.

PrimeTime
03-20-2017, 01:19 AM
we just got our Safety's in FA, and he is shot at corner. so no.

Kenny
03-20-2017, 07:29 AM
He's not worth it.
a) if he signs a contract at less than $6mm (which is the guaranteed money he's getting from the Jets), he's going to half ass the year.
b) He's not worth more than $6mm /year (and if anyone pays him more than that, he's going to half ass it anyways).

YardRat
03-20-2017, 01:44 PM
What a terrible way of talking about your spouse.

For your sake, I hope she does not think the same of you.

I really should clarify...I want 'my wife', not 'Spike's sister'.

SpikedLemonade
03-20-2017, 04:36 PM
I really should clarify...I want 'my wife', not 'Spike's sister'.

Oh please take my sister.

I beg you.

Wally The Barber
03-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Revis belong in my old folks home playing cards with drooling old ladies

Go ahead and sign him, the ladies are horny

Mouldsie
03-21-2017, 11:59 AM
Reasons he would not half ass it on a 1 year deal:

1) Ego
2) Legacy/Reputation
3) Fighting for one more multi million dollar signing bonus