PDA

View Full Version : Official Roster Additions

TigerJ
03-17-2017, 08:00 PM
From the official team web site:

Corey Washington WR 6'4" 214 lbs. I'm guessing the alleged Andre Holmes signing didn't and probably won't happen. This guy fits the bill physically, and has pretty good speed, but over his NFL career has done very little as a receiver. He's done more as a special teamer. I'm guessing he signed for vet minimum.

Joe Banyard RB 5'11" 223 lbs. with good speed. Has filled in for injured RBs with Jacksonville. Lots of competition at the position.

Leonard Johnson CB 5'10" 200 lbs. Sean McDermott knows him and knows McDermott's system. Fundamentally, he's pretty sound but you'd better put him on the other team's slowest receiver. He runs about a 4.7 40. I know speed isn't everything, but 4.7 for a CB?

TacklingDummy
03-17-2017, 08:40 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

stuckincincy
03-17-2017, 08:46 PM
From the official team web site:

Corey Washington WR 6'4" 214 lbs. I'm guessing the alleged Andre Holmes signing didn't and probably won't happen. This guy fits the bill physically, and has pretty good speed, but over his NFL career has done very little as a receiver. He's done more as a special teamer. I'm guessing he signed for vet minimum.

Joe Banyard RB 5'11" 223 lbs. with good speed. Has filled in for injured RBs with Jacksonville. Lots of competition at the position.

Leonard Johnson CB 5'10" 200 lbs. Sean McDermott knows him and knows McDermott's system. Fundamentally, he's pretty sound but you'd better put him on the other team's slowest receiver. He runs about a 4.7 40. I know speed isn't everything, but 4.7 for a CB?

Good that they are signing these kinds of players - you never know if you don't look, and time to time you find a gem.

YardRat
03-17-2017, 10:25 PM
McDermott--"Let's bring these guys in for a look."
Whaley--"Ummm, they might come relatively cheaply, but will still cost more than guys we can pick up in a couple of months, why should we sign camp fodder now?"
McDermott--"Because these guys might have an actual shot to make the team in the 51-53 spots, unlike the one-legged midget you bring in after the draft to fill out the camp roster."
Whaley--"Oh. OK."
Russ Brandon's ears perk up, his lips curl ever so slightly into a small smile and he peers off into the distance, apparently looking at something that nobody else can see (thinking to himself) "Hmmm...a one-legged midget..."

swiper
03-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Super Bowl!