PDA

View Full Version : What are you buying for next season ?

Wally The Barber
03-21-2017, 11:36 AM
I bought one of those wide screen TVs, 45 bucks, works great!

Little fuzzy on channel 29

Albany,n.y.
03-21-2017, 11:39 AM
That TV used to be in Ralph's office. It would fetch more than the pool table if auctioned off.

Wally The Barber
03-21-2017, 11:44 AM
That TV used to be in Ralph's office. It would fetch more than the pool table if auctioned off.

I used some tin foil on the rabbit ears, perfect picture.

The tubes heated up,caught on fire......wife is pissed

YardRat
03-21-2017, 11:58 AM
I'm thinking of getting one of these babies so I can record the games and watch them whenever I want to...

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/vcr2.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

Thurmal
03-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Kinda wild to think about all the electronics that have been invented since the Bills last made the playoffs. More people had VCRs and beepers than DVD players and cell phones.

feldspar
03-21-2017, 12:27 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/715axw23PxL._SL1200_.jpg

Too bad I live so far away, because I may not be able to see anything from here.

...but us old-timers have to make due...eh, Wally?

Wally The Barber
03-21-2017, 12:27 PM
coolhttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/715axw23PxL._SL1200_.jpg

Too bad I live so far away, because I may not be able to see anything from here.

...but us old-timers have to make due...eh, Wally?

OpIv37
03-21-2017, 12:37 PM
Kinda wild to think about all the electronics that have been invented since the Bills last made the playoffs. More people had VCRs and beepers than DVD players and cell phones.

Hmmm I never thought of that. I didn't have a cell phone or a DVD player the last time the Bills made the playoffs and DVR's were still a few years away.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2017, 12:43 PM
I have shared this story before:

All of us remember exactly where we were during the Music City forward lateral game. I was sitting in my living room, with my wife holding our sleeping brand new infant, gently rocking her. The play happened and screamed out lout "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!", promptly woke up the baby, she started crying and my wife yelled at me for screaming, as if I wasn't already devastated enough.

That baby is going to college next year.

Perspective. :(

Wally The Barber
03-21-2017, 12:48 PM

All of us remember exactly where we were during the Music City forward lateral game. I was sitting in my living room, with my wife holding our sleeping brand new infant, gently rocking her. The play happened and screamed out lout "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!", promptly woke up the baby, she started crying and my wife yelled at me for screaming, as if I wasn't already devastated enough.

I kicked my dog, he has never been back

feldspar
03-21-2017, 12:56 PM

Man, oh, man.

I remember, too.

I was watching the game, and called my father right before the infamous kick-off. I was calling him to talk about the win, and the good feelings that would ensue about it. AS the phone rang, or thereabouts, the dreaded "Music City Miracle" happened. My dad answered the phone...and I mean he answered the phone literally seconds after it happened. He didn't wish to speak to me at that moment in time, and had to excuse himself. Said "I can't talk about this now." Then I stewed in my own juices...

True story.

justasportsfan
03-21-2017, 03:32 PM
I expect another non playoff season 17940

Thurmal
03-21-2017, 03:47 PM

Wow, that does put it in perspective. It is a miracle that this team has any fans under the age of 25 at all, and really those that do exist can probably only be attributed to Manson-level parental brainwashing at a young age.

OpIv37
03-21-2017, 04:09 PM
Wow, that does put it in perspective. It is a miracle that this team has any fans under the age of 25 at all, and really those that do exist can probably only be attributed to Manson-level parental brainwashing at a young age.

Being a one team market with affordable tickets helps.

I was in the DC area from roughly 2001-2011 and Baltimore since then. As far as the NFL is concerned, it's one market with 2 teams, so everyone in both cities gets Redskins and Ravens games on national TV. The problem is that during the Bills' playoff drought, the Redskins have been barely better than the Bills (I think they have 3 playoff appearances and one was 2015 when the whole NFCE sucked and they got in with just one more win than the Bills had that season), whereas the Ravens have 2 Super Bowls and multiple other playoff appearances. On top of that, greedy-ass Dan Snyder has priced a lot of people out of the games, especially working class families. The tickets and parking are ridiculous (about 10 years ago, I went to a Bills/Skins preseason game with some people from this website, and we paid $50 to park in an office park so far from the stadium that we had to take a shuttle bus). Ravens games aren't cheap but they're much cheaper than the Skins.

So, local fans can spend less money to follow a better team with the Ravens. A lot of people in their mid-20's and younger from traditional Redskins markets like southern MD and northern VA are Ravens fans because they grew up watching the Skins lose and the Ravens win Luckily for Buffalo, we didn't have that competition in WNY.

YardRat
03-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Man, oh, man.

I remember, too.

I was watching the game, and called my father right before the infamous kick-off. I was calling him to talk about the win, and the good feelings that would ensue about it. AS the phone rang, or thereabouts, the dreaded "Music City Miracle" happened. My dad answered the phone...and I mean he answered the phone literally seconds after it happened. He didn't wish to speak to me at that moment in time, and had to excuse himself. Said "I can't talk about this now." Then I stewed in my own juices...

True story.
I have a similar story, roles reversed. My mother called me just prior to the kick-off "What a great game, huh?". "It isn't over yet Ma." Balls :mad:

SpikedLemonade
03-21-2017, 06:49 PM
This guy has also been through some changes since that last Bills play-off game....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7yFSG-cdE

Forward_Lateral
03-22-2017, 10:35 AM

My wife and I started dating about a week before that game.

The Bills haven't made the playoffs since we've been together.

Wait a minute......

OpIv37
03-22-2017, 10:43 AM
My wife and I started dating about a week before that game.

The Bills haven't made the playoffs since we've been together.

Wait a minute......

My wife and I started dating the following fall. We just had our 15th wedding anniversary and she's never seen a Bills playoff game....