• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Clinton Portis or Ricky Williams?

which would you rather have..

Travis Henry and Clinton Portis to start your FF team with

or

Travis Henry and Ricky Williams?

i guess what i am saying is..

what are your projections for CP and RW?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

I see Portis kind of being on his own this year the way that LDT was. Plummer is a dope of a QB and will struggle with an aging Smith, a sketchy McCaffrey, and a young Lelie.

Williams has a slew of WRs to help him out, possibly some of the best depth at WR in the league. He has McMichael at TE. He has Griese in case Fiedler gets hurt again.

I'd take RW if you have the option. Hands down. Portis may be the better rusher, which remains to be seen, but the team he's on is gonna be problematic.

Miami has a somewhat tougher schedule however. I don't think that's gonna be a factor. What will be a factor is Plummer and this crazy notion that he's any good!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
      • Jul 2002

Sorry, if you take Henry, you're really taking Gilbride. B/c Henry's numbers will be reflective of what Gilbride does.

So you're on your own there! I haven't a clue. My heart says we're gonna be balanced like we should be w/ Drew throwing the ball 150 times less, but my head says expect more of the same imbalance regardless of FO speak.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

it's Top Secret for FFL purposes.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

well henry and portis are my keepers.. i drafted both as rookies.

but, a guy wants to trade me RW for Portis straight up.

just considering it..

i also think plummer may do better than you think.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

We'll see on Plummer. I'd be willing to put some ZBs on that.

I have a hunch that the Denver fans are gonna be livid by midseason.

RW for Portis in a keeper league...

Hmmmm...

How long you plan on bein' in this league?

If you want numbers for this year, I'd say make the trade. Keep in mind, that McCaffrey is comin' of very serious injury, Smith is aging, and if Plummer isn't good, you may be hurtin'. Who knows, I suppose Portis could run for 2K.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
              • Jul 2003

MIAMI DOES NOT HAVE RECIEVERS OR A GOOD PASSING GAME LOOK AT LAST YR (SAME PERSONEL AS LST YR) WHERE DENVER WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT PLUMMER CAN DO BY LETTING HIM THROW. RICKY IS ESTABLISHED, WHILE I LIKE PORTIS HE HAS HAD ONLY ONE YR (SOPHMORE JINX). RICKY DOES SHORT YARDAGE GOAL LINE AS WELL, WHERE MIKE ANDERSON DOES THAT FOR DENVER.
              In Marv We Trust
              The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
                MIAMI DOES NOT HAVE RECIEVERS OR A GOOD PASSING GAME LOOK AT LAST YR (SAME PERSONEL AS LST YR) WHERE DENVER WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT PLUMMER CAN DO BY LETTING HIM THROW. RICKY IS ESTABLISHED, WHILE I LIKE PORTIS HE HAS HAD ONLY ONE YR (SOPHMORE JINX). RICKY DOES SHORT YARDAGE GOAL LINE AS WELL, WHERE MIKE ANDERSON DOES THAT FOR DENVER.
                Nope, we have new receivers and depth at it, well good quality.

While Jays healthy, you'll see a good passing game out of Miami, it should take some pressure off Ricky, but even with no recievers at one point, Ricky still couldn't be stopped. And he's in even better shape and better strenght this year. But for this question, its not the RB, it's the OL, and Denver's OL has been good for a long time..no matter who was running behind it,..When was the last time that line didn't produce a 1000 yard runner?

Reach for the stars

Comment

• BillsFever
                  Mr. Predictament
                  • Feb 2003

I'd take Portis.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                    • Sep 2002

In a keeper league, Portis clearly has more potential and long-term value.
                    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

MIKE ANDERSON DOES THAT FOR DENVER.
                      Anderson had two rushing TD's last year.

Portis had 17 TD's total in 2003 with 12 being in the second half of the year. He also averaged 6.2 yards in the second half. He didn't even start until October but had 1500+ yards.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

First of all, QUIT SCREAMING!!!

Second of all, welcome to BillsZone!!!

Third of all, don't forget, when we played Miami the first time last year, their two starting WRs and Fiedler were out for their first games. They were banged up at WR all season.

As it currently stands, and check me if I'm incorrect MD, the Fins have Chambers, McKnight, Derrius Thompson (whom we should have signed), and Gadsen (MD ), along w/ their TE McMichael. That sounds pretty decent to me. In fact, I've told MD that Thompson may be their leading WR he's that good.

Originally posted by TypicalBill
                        In a keeper league, Portis clearly has more potential and long-term value.
                        Exactly, but how will Williams play when he has some balance? If he could do that last season, then I think he'll easily equal that. Plus, I also think that some of Portis' success had to do with the "element of surprise" to an extent. I believe he's gonna be good, but how good is he gonna be when teams focus on him? It's a risk to think he's gonna outperform Ricky.

In a keeper league, yeah, I suppose I'd lean towards Portis. But then again, if RW has a good year, perhaps that same guy will trade you after the season. Just as on the boards, many fans allow their partiality and biases to run their teams. Those are the people you want to trade with.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Oh yeah, Anderson blows and won't ever have another good year. His and Gary's only good years were anomalies in seasons where TD got hurt and on a team w/ a stellar OL and good support/balance.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Wys, I'm not buying the Chambers hype. This guy has had one game. Very Avg. numbers over 2 years. Until he proves he's a number 1, i'm not buying. I'm not very impressed with the others either. Sure the TE looks good, but he was on my FF team last year and was no where to be found in the 2nd half of the season. And remember when he tried to reach for an extra yard when he was clearly about 6 yards away from the first down and he fumbled the ball. That game was in Buffalo. Very poor 2nd half. Let's see what this guy does in year 2 before we make him a pro bowler.

By the way, I'm taking the same approach with J. Reed.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Aero II
                              RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                              • Jul 2002

I'll stick to MY Draft Day strategy. DON'T DRAFT FISH!!!!!!!!!
                              Never have, never will.

I've finished in first place the last 2 years in my local league and as you can see by the Golden Buffalo, I did in the BFZ-FFL1 last year too.

So, to recap,
                              DON'T DRAFT FISH!!!

Besides, FF playoffs are in December and you know what happens to the Fish in December.

Comment

Working...
                              X