PDA

View Full Version : How much money does this save?

Cali512
03-22-2017, 10:32 PM
If we cut Dareus, restructured Clay, cut wood?

I really see no problem going into the season with Bryant and Kyle at DT, and Groy at center

Scumbag College
03-22-2017, 10:49 PM
If we cut Dareus, restructured Clay, cut wood?

I really see no problem going into the season with Bryant and Kyle at DT, and Groy at center

Cutting Wood would save $3 Million....would love to cut him and have that money used towards signing Zach Brown for a few years and maybe bringing in a vet CB for depth. Cutting Clay and fatass Dareus I think hurts the Bills' cap number...their agents really pulled a fast one on OBD. I think 2019 is the soonest we can cut Dareus and Clay without getting totally killed as per Sportrac.

Cali512
03-22-2017, 10:56 PM
Cutting Wood would save $3 Million....would love to cut him and have that money used towards signing Zach Brown for a few years and maybe bringing in a vet CB for depth. Cutting Clay and fatass Dareus I think hurts the Bills' cap number...their agents really pulled a fast one on OBD. I think 2019 is the soonest we can cut Dareus and Clay without getting totally killed as per Sportrac.

Damn that really really sucks. Clay isn't healthy enough to be on the field all game (massive fluid in knee issue), and Dareus just doesn't care. He's failed 2 drug tests, had an arrest for racing, and has showed up overweight twice. Not to mention his constant offsides penalties on under 5 yard plays.

endzone
03-23-2017, 12:22 AM
Damn that really really sucks. Clay isn't healthy enough to be on the field all game (massive fluid in knee issue), and Dareus just doesn't care. He's failed 2 drug tests, had an arrest for racing, and has showed up overweight twice. Not to mention his constant offsides penalties on under 5 yard plays.
Dareus would cost the Bills $24 mil in DEAD CAP money if he is traded or cut AFTER June 1st of 2017. It's a crazy number to even think about.

Cali512
03-23-2017, 12:26 AM
Dareus would cost the Bills $24 mil in DEAD CAP money if he is traded or cut AFTER June 1st of 2017. It's a crazy number to even think about.

I'm starting to understand the Whaley hate

feldspar
03-23-2017, 02:53 AM
Let me know when you've arranged all those things to happen, Cali...

Kenny
03-23-2017, 06:36 AM
I'd prefer to keep Wood. He's still a starter and a veteran on this team that needs leadership. The lines are something I dont want to mess with. Too late to do anything now, but I'd rather not have signed Poyer and used that extra money to go after Brown.
The draft is deep with DB talent and we could have filled that role pretty easily.

Ed
03-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Dareus isn't going anywhere for at least a couple more seasons, so let's just hope McDermott can get him to play hard and that he stays out of trouble. Not holding my breath on either.

Thurmal
03-23-2017, 09:44 AM
That Dareus contract is such an albatross. Albert Haynesworth 2.0.