PDA

View Full Version : Update: Bills cap space

Wally The Barber
03-25-2017, 04:22 PM
17944 We are Broke

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/25/15060542/buffalo-bills-cap-space-nfl-free-agency-doug-whaley-sean-mcdermott

SpikedLemonade
03-25-2017, 04:28 PM
AND lonely at the bottom....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmReoyth7H8

YardRat
03-25-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm OK going into the draft as is at this point, and then seeing who shakes out from other rosters June 1st. Would be OK with re-signing Zach Brown at some point, but apparently he thinks he's worth more than the team does.

PrimeTime
03-25-2017, 05:58 PM
So to fill positions we need WR, CB and T in the first 3 round. So i am going to try and make a pitch at the first 3 rounds with couple options

Round 1 We trade and get Indy first and 3rd round pick for our 10. This moves up at 5 spots with an extra pick witch we need.
In round 1 at 15th pick we grab OT Cam Robinson.. Michigan
Cam is best OT in the draft by far and would start on left side pushing Glen to the right to finally show we have a solid Offensive line to protect Taylor.

Round 2
The 44th pick in round 2 Buffalo picks CB Quincy Williams..Florida
this is a good enough pick to fit the system and have a quality starter on both sides. Remember this system is not based on 2 shut down CB's so don't panic here

Round 3
Round 3 at the 75th pick Buffalo picks WR Malachi Dupre.. LSU
this 6.4 WR ran a 4.52 on the 40 yard dash but is a good rout runner with great positioning skills. Wont beat you deep but this would fill our need for that "big" WR. to be honest I think he would be a second rounder if they kept him on the field. he struggled and they took him off for few weeks but when he got back on the field he didn't look back.

Round 3 at the 80th pick Buffalo picks S Josh Jones... NC State
we have picked up a couple safety's but we still need depth.

Round 5 I think we grab a QB.. Might be Chip Kelly.. might be anyone.

Round 6 we pick up LB Depth

thoughts?

Wally The Barber
03-25-2017, 06:18 PM
So to fill positions we need WR, CB and T in the first 3 round. So i am going to try and make a pitch at the first 3 rounds with couple options

Round 1 We trade and get Indy first and 3rd round pick for our 10. This moves up at 5 spots with an extra pick witch we need.
Cam is best OT in the draft by far and would start on left side pushing Glen to the right to finally show we have a solid Offensive line to protect Taylor.

Round 2
this is a good enough pick to fit the system and have a quality starter on both sides. Remember this system is not based on 2 shut down CB's so don't panic here

Round 3
this 6.4 WR ran a 4.52 on the 40 yard dash but is a good rout runner with great positioning skills. Wont beat you deep but this would fill our need for that "big" WR. to be honest I think he would be a second rounder if they kept him on the field. he struggled and they took him off for few weeks but when he got back on the field he didn't look back.

thoughts?

i like it prime

PrimeTime
03-25-2017, 06:44 PM
i like it prime

doesn't this get the job done? Fills all holes and Off to next year?

Night Train
03-25-2017, 06:54 PM
That would be cool if we passed on Chad Kelly and drafted Chip Kelly. :up:

Wally The Barber
03-25-2017, 07:03 PM
doesn't this get the job done? Fills all holes and Off to next year?

could come true

TigerJ
03-25-2017, 07:08 PM

Round 2

Round 3

thoughts?Cam Robinson played his college ball at Alabama, not Michigan.

PrimeTime
03-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Cam Robinson played his college ball at Alabama, not Michigan.
k.. thanks. thoughts on my post other then correction?

EDS
03-27-2017, 10:46 AM
I seriously doubt Cam Robinson can come in and start at LT as a rookie. Maybe RT. Recent history of Alabama lineman in the NFL is also a little scary, so I would pass on him in round one.

Ed
03-27-2017, 02:15 PM

Round 2

Round 3

thoughts?
I like the idea of trading down and getting an extra pick, but I don't see Indy being a team that's looking to trade up. They have plenty of needs themselves. I also don't see OT being a top priority, particularly in round 1. I think the team is comfortable with Mills and Kouandjio competing for the job, with Kouandjio ideally improving on his play from last season and being able to make the switch to RT.

I agree that WR and DB are likely to be top targets in the first few rounds, but I think there's a better chance of a TE being picked before an OT. And I'm starting to believe more and more that OJ Howard will be the pick if he's still there at #10.

YardRat
03-27-2017, 03:33 PM
I think our most likely trade partners are Cleveland (#12-a slew of picks and they need play-makers), Washington (#17-linebacker), or Tampa Bay (#19-safety). Depending on how the players go off the board, we may be able to actually move twice.

PrimeTime
03-29-2017, 12:47 PM
I like the idea of trading down and getting an extra pick, but I don't see Indy being a team that's looking to trade up. They have plenty of needs themselves. I also don't see OT being a top priority, particularly in round 1. I think the team is comfortable with Mills and Kouandjio competing for the job, with Kouandjio ideally improving on his play from last season and being able to make the switch to RT. I agree that WR and DB are likely to be top targets in the first few rounds, but I think there's a better chance of a TE being picked before an OT. And I'm starting to believe more and more that OJ Howard will be the pick if he's still there at #10.

Dallas did this 2 years ago.. You start with building the best Line you can make to protect your QB. Think about it.. Taylor was running for his life last year.. Imagine that solid Line with this pick.. it makes more sense then you think..

PrimeTime
03-29-2017, 12:51 PM
Also note we have had connections with Indy in the past.. Think of people like idk.. Jerry Hughes? Last year heavy thoughts of Indy wanting Darius .. so to say you cant see it happening is silly..