PDA

View Full Version : Should Whaley get another 7 years?

03-26-2017, 08:19 PM
For starters, he, Whaley, did not go from parking lot attendant to GM during his time with Buffalo. in 2010 He started out as Director of Pro Personnel . Let it be known that Whaley has been in key a key position 7 of the last 17 years of our drought. Think about it. His decisions have been awful, his inability to honestly deal with the press has been atrocious. Bottom line, you are only as good as your weakest link. Insult to injury is the fact that our our GM is our weakest link and has been more of an anchor then a life buoy. Were close, were close, I had no idea Rex would be fired.................................

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bncore/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1006734491-McCoy-Sports-76-1100x733.jpg .

Skooby
03-26-2017, 08:25 PM
He deserves 7 minutes to pack his s***, that's about it.

bleve
03-26-2017, 08:57 PM
I realize there is a lot of hate on Whaley - maybe justified. Blame the ineptitude of the regime that hired him. Now that there's a new sheriff in town, we can/should review/adjust. Whaley is a proponent of "information makes the decision". Well Doug, since you've been here - having significant input on final say - our "information" is win loss record of 46-66.

Do you like apples?

How about them apples?

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2017, 05:26 AM
Our opinion does not matter.

Is Kim tired of him?

Wally The Barber
03-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Seems like an easy answer huh?

Problem is he gave every coach what they were looking for. Even went on a WIN or BUST season with Rex Ryan

Just 2 years ago the Bills had a top 4 player roster . Well the Bills over spent and now we are in Cap trouble

Doug Whaley is not really the problem, an undisciplined roster that under preformed is the REAL ISSUE

You can thank Rex for that but Whaley will take the fall.

7 years? Don't know

OpIv37
03-27-2017, 10:17 AM

Problem is he gave every coach what they were looking for. Even went on a WIN or BUST season with Rex Ryan

Just 2 years ago the Bills had a top 4 player roster . Well the Bills over spent and now we are in Cap trouble

Doug Whaley is not really the problem, an undisciplined roster that under preformed is the REAL ISSUE

7 years? Don't know

The GM picks the roster, not the coach. You want one example on why Whaley should be fired: we drafted Robert Woods with a 2nd round pick and used 2 firsts on Watkins. Yet, just 3 years later we are hurting at WR.

We only get so many draft picks. There is only so much cap space for FA's. It's impossible to improve when we use them poorly and have to keep throwing resources at the same positions.

Cali512
03-27-2017, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=OpIv37;4316144]The GM picks the roster, not the coach. You want one example on why Whaley should be fired: we drafted Robert Woods with a 2nd round pick and used 2 firsts on Watkins. Yet, just 3 years later we are hurting at WR.

We only get so many draft picks. There is only so much cap space for FA's. It's impossible to improve when we use them poorly and have to keep throwing resources at the same positions.[/QUOTE

It's worse than that. We traded up when we could've just got OBJ who is known as the best talent in the NFL right now

Wally The Barber
03-27-2017, 10:48 AM
The GM picks the roster, not the coach. You want one example on why Whaley should be fired: we drafted Robert Woods with a 2nd round pick and used 2 firsts on Watkins. Yet, just 3 years later we are hurting at WR.

We only get so many draft picks. There is only so much cap space for FA's. It's impossible to improve when we use them poorly and have to keep throwing resources at the same positions.

Woods had no real quarterback and its impossible to predict injuries

Watkins will be fine

03-27-2017, 11:06 AM

7 years? Don't know

And the Buck stops where? Don't think Rex was quite on the radar for EJ, the biggest blunder of all. Sammy hasn't panned out just yet either. Marcel contract without a blurb about penalties for substance abuse...the list goes on. He is blinded by his EGO and what you see after 7 years is what you get. My guess is he will be shown the door right after the draft. Whaley will lose his GM job just like Nix. (right after the draft)

OpIv37
03-27-2017, 11:09 AM

Watkins will be fine

Neither of those things is the point. The point is that Whaley chose to address WR over other holes, but he made poor choices and hence the team did not improve.

03-27-2017, 11:11 AM

Watkins will be fine

Why the need to defend his substandard performance at GM? Don't you find it odd that every time he gets in front of a Microphone there is a ton of super gaffs. Here is one of my faves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2TFbCiI08

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2017, 11:25 AM
He is a handsome man.

Kim appreciates that.

03-27-2017, 11:28 AM
He is a handsome man.

Kim appreciates that.

Handsome? kind of weasel looking to me.

http://www.officepolitics.com/advice/wp-content/Businessman_OPweasel.png

Wally The Barber
03-27-2017, 11:31 AM
And the Buck stops where? Don't think Rex was quite on the radar for EJ, the biggest blunder of all. Sammy hasn't panned out just yet either. Marcel contract without a blurb about penalties for substance abuse...the list goes on. He is blinded by his EGO and what you see after 7 years is what you get. My guess is he will be shown the door right after the draft. Whaley will lose his GM job just like Nix. (right after the draft)

Here is the real deal ( Our head coach, Whats his name) Would like to build his own team but there is NO CAP SPACE

Whaley will be fired THEN you can look for the Bills to dump cap. Erick WOOD, Shawn Williams and probably LeShawn McCoy.

Whats his name will then ask for a few trades OR draft his own. Seems obvious to me

03-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Here is the real deal ( Our head coach, Whats his name) Would like to build his own team but there is NO CAP SPACE

Whaley will be fired THEN you can look for the Bills to dump cap. Erick WOOD, Shawn Williams and probably LeShawn McCoy.

Whats his name will then make a few trades OR draft his own. Seems obvious to me

Who got us to the Cap Space issue you mention? Not knowing the current coach's name raises a serious flag, no more keystrokes for you.

DraftBoy
03-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Neither of those things is the point. The point is that Whaley chose to address WR over other holes, but he made poor choices and hence the team did not improve.

Considering that Woods was highly coveted on the Free Agent market and Watkins was pretty good during his first two years are you sure the critique is on his evaluation of WR talent?

Wally The Barber
03-27-2017, 11:37 AM
Who got us to the Cap Space issue you mention? Not knowing the current coach's name raises a serious flag, no more keystrokes for you.

Whats is name is a new head coach, I did this out of lack of respect because he is just another want a be to me

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2017, 11:39 AM

Fairly sure he was being ironic.

03-27-2017, 11:46 AM
Fairly sure he was being ironic.

Resorting to a rhetorical device is not my cup of tea. Say what you mean , mean what you say.

Night Train
03-27-2017, 11:47 AM
I say release him after 4 if he behaves well...

Wait...you mean employment ?

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2017, 11:59 AM
I say release him after 4 if he behaves well...

Wait...you mean employment ?

I agree.

Kim needs to release Doug from her grip/vice legs.

OpIv37
03-27-2017, 12:07 PM
Considering that Woods was highly coveted on the Free Agent market and Watkins was pretty good during his first two years are you sure the critique is on his evaluation of WR talent?

The critique is spending 2 firsts and a 2nd on WR's and still needing WR help.

03-27-2017, 12:13 PM
The critique is spending 2 firsts and a 2nd on WR's and still needing WR help.

Amazing that you have to spell it out.

WagonCircler
03-27-2017, 12:51 PM
Woods had no real quarterback

And who, exactly, was in charged of acquiring Quarterbacks?

Doug ****ing Whaley.

YardRat
03-27-2017, 01:19 PM

That's a pretty ****ed up business model if the two aren't working closely together.

OpIv37
03-27-2017, 02:07 PM
That's a pretty ****ed up business model if the two aren't working closely together.

Agreed, but we know this organization had a ****ed up business model. It's unclear if Whaley was involved in the decision to hire Rex but it looks like Pegula went over his head, and we knew Rex was fired without Whaley knowing til after. And clearly Whaley and McDermott are already having issues, which makes me think that maybe he wasn't Whaley's choice to do it.

And I'm in the "fire Whaley" camp but it blows my mind that this talk is coming up now. If we were to fire Whaley now, the new GM will be stuck with a coach he didn't choose and FA's he didn't sign, plus he would have limited time to prepare for the draft.

Arm of Harm
03-27-2017, 02:22 PM

Watkins will be fine

No real quarterback to throw Woods the ball? And just whose fault, exactly, is that lack of a real quarterback?

YardRat
03-27-2017, 03:22 PM
Agreed, but we know this organization had a ****ed up business model. It's unclear if Whaley was involved in the decision to hire Rex but it looks like Pegula went over his head, and we knew Rex was fired without Whaley knowing til after. And clearly Whaley and McDermott are already having issues, which makes me think that maybe he wasn't Whaley's choice to do it.

And I'm in the "fire Whaley" camp but it blows my mind that this talk is coming up now. If we were to fire Whaley now, the new GM will be stuck with a coach he didn't choose and FA's he didn't sign, plus he would have limited time to prepare for the draft.

True. Unless the head coach is going to pick the GM and have final say over the draft board. It's not like it's the GM job to do all of the grunt work preparing for the draft.