• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Is Tyrod's game correctable?

This is a good question, glad you asked

He needs to fix vision problems, most come from taking off when he can't find an open WR.

He then runs, but while running he totally givens up on the pass. Guys wide open are waving their arms but Tyrod is looking to avoid tacklers

Small adjustment.....Just stay in the pocket and run North or south only. Warren Moon had the same problem but corrected this in Canada.

Who ever started the rumor that Tyrod can't read a defense is just plain wrong. It may seem that way but he didn't have the option to change plays under Rex Ryan OR very limited permission

Some say he can't throw to the center of the field, not true, he is NOT TO SHORT but he was is schooled not to force passes. Correctable

If it wasn't correctable problems the Bills would have passed. I think you are looking at a MUCH BETTER QB in 2017.

If I am wrong then Shoot me, I don't give a ****.
    Last edited by Wally The Barber; 03-27-2017, 12:22 PM.
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Is Tyrod's game correctable?

Um, no. No more so than EJ's game was correctable. Taylor is nothing more that the current version of Michael Vick. Bound to end up with a mangled or broken lower extremity.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Wally The Barber View Post

He needs to fix vision problems, most come from taking off when he can't find an open WR.

He then runs, but while running he totally givens up on the pass. Guys wide open are waving their arms but Tyrod is looking to avoid tacklers

Small adjustment.....Just stay in the pocket and run North or south only. Warren Moon had the same problem but corrected this in Canada.

Who ever started the rumor that Tyrod can't read a defense is just plain wrong. It may seem that way but he didn't have the option to change plays under Rex Ryan OR very limited permission

Some say he can't throw to the center of the field, not true, he is NOT TO SHORT but he was is schooled not to force passes. Correctable

If it wasn't correctable problems the Bills would have passed. I think you are looking at a MUCH BETTER QB in 2017.

you sound like Cali512 and i sincerely hope you two are right. I'm not optimistic he'll be much better but am hopeful
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

This is the most infuriating thing to watch him do. Our receivers get visibly upset.

Tyrod is no Warren Moon.

Nothing liking putting the end to a rumor by creating another one.

Another excuse for Tyrod. Were there no routes run over the center of the field all season? Are you saying they were just decoy routes?

You're overestimating this Bills Front Office.

I hope you're right.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
          Um, no. No more so than EJ's game was correctable. Taylor is nothing more that the current version of Michael Vick. Bound to end up with a mangled or broken lower extremity.
          i said it before I'll say it again.

Tyrod isn't and will never be a world beater. But at least he looks and plays like a solid NFL player.

EJ will never take another snap in the NFL again in the regular season I predict
          I came.
          I saw.
          I conquered.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
            • Jul 2007

Normally I would agree but A Smart Head coach will design plays and build an offense limiting outside running by the quarterback.
            If he continues to run then he will be injured by mid season.

There is no real need to run because from what I see he can make every throw
            Last edited by Wally The Barber; 03-27-2017, 12:37 PM.
            Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Normally I would agree but A Smart Head coach will design plays and build an offense limiting outside running by the quarterback.
              I wonder why Anthony Lynn got promoted to Head Coach in LA if he was so terrible at designing plays?

There is no real need to run because from what I see he can make every throw
              Now that's funny. Stick with the Tyrod homerisms, they're much better than that old guy routine that you gave up on already.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                I wonder why Anthony Lynn got promoted to Head Coach in LA if he was so terrible at designing plays?

Now that's funny. Stick with the Tyrod homerisms, they're much better than that old guy routine that you gave up on already.

I am not a real big fan but till someone better comes along he might surprise you

We will see
                Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Or maybe his vision isn't the problem, but processing the visual information is.

That's a gift. It's like foot speed. You either have it, or you don't. And you can only improve incrementally.

Comment

• daryls61
                    • Jan 2013

No.
                    The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

We're going to find out.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mouldsie
                        • Aug 2012

I think he has room to grow because he played with a lot more aggression in college and I think he was coached into/tries too hard to be conservative at times. If he can find a balance, get some support from the defense, and also have his top 3 WR's actually be known commodity's he can be more productive and be a playoff QB.

Would I have moved forward with him? Probably not, but I am also not going to pretend he's absolute trash or that it would be so easy for the ****ty Bills FO to do better. He's the best QB we've had since Jimbo (minus Bledsoe's first 8 games --but his weapons were also tremendous). Sad but true.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          We're going to find out.
                          I am not completely sure he will start.

**** happens
                          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Small adjustment.....
                            Completely agree, small adjustment and very easy to do.

Sincerely,

Vince Young

Comment

• Thurmal
                              • Oct 2005

Um, no. No more so than EJ's game was correctable. Taylor is nothing more that the current version of Michael Vick.
                              I would consider it a huge positive for him if he ended up like Michael Vick. Unfortunately, I think his ceiling is more like Aaron Brooks.
                              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

Working...
                              X