• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

How 'bout our STs??

Haven't heard much about that. But when you think about it, many of the players we've signed "specialized" on STs in one capacity or another.

Crowell as well most of you know I'm not big on as a LB playing much this year, but I think he's got some huge potential on STs. If we can assemble some fast, hard-hitting coverage guys, and if Lindell can kick, then we're gonna catapult ourselves from being near last in many STs cats to being near the top of the list.

Any thoughts?

TD has very quietly brought on some STs players including several return guys. If you think about it, that is what may be responsible for the greatest improvement in play this season, even over the D. I know the stigma is that the D let us down last season, which is true in several games, but the truth be told, it was really the STs much, much more.

I'm excited to see what we can do on kicks and returns this season. I'm looking for one or two players to emerge, likely not to Tasker's caliber, but in the same style.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

excellent post.... i too think that our ST will be very good this season which is something we've missed for years... remember, the Patriots team that won the superbowl didn't have the best skilled players out there but their special teams unit was very solid all year... people tend to forget about ST and think more about O and D.

Crowell, i think, will be a ST demon... we have 3 or 4 guys that can return K/P very well... we're in a very good position there.
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i still dont have any faith in our ST coach.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
        • Jul 2002

We should, Phillips should, never have fired DeHaven.

Smith's arse is on the line too. If our STs doesn't perform well, then at some point it's failures w/ a variety of talent each year has to fall back on the coach. It can be dismissed for a season w/ subpar talent, but that can't continue to be the excuse year-in-and-year-out w/ different players constantly being cycled thru. Especially when we have some STs ringers in there.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

I don't have any faith in our Offensive Coordinator!

I would be a happy man if we replaced both Gilbride and Smith at year's end.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillsNick
            • Jul 2003

Wys- I gotta agree with your opinion on ST. It's been too long since the days of the powerhouse ST of the 90's. This year they may be silent heros. I like the return options this year instead of lame-duck Rodgers.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
              • Jul 2002

I am very skeptical still of our SPTs. I have a hard time believing our talent level on these units have been that much worse than other teams. I would not be suprised at all if Charlie Rogers puts up good numbers this year in Miami.That said, the infusion of more talent has to help. To what level, is still up in doubt for myself.
              Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

I have confidence in our kicking and punting game, but in the return areas im still a little skeptical, I would have given Rogers another year, I mean he atleast produced one touchdown last season, thats 1 more than we had the year before, so he was an improvement. Anyways I think the coverage unit should be inproved, I also agree that Crowell is gonna be a monster T player ala Larry Izzo
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsNick
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Winfield_26
                  I have confidence in our kicking and punting game, but in the return areas im still a little skeptical, I would have given Rogers another year, I mean he atleast produced one touchdown last season, thats 1 more than we had the year before, so he was an improvement. Anyways I think the coverage unit should be inproved, I also agree that Crowell is gonna be a monster T player ala Larry Izzo

I would trade consistent good field position for a TD any day

Comment

• Winfield_26
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

As would I but till this point we havent had that, at least with Rogers we knew he could do that all the time, the problem was his blocking sucked, and he just didnt do it.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I'm most worried about the return game, although Shaw's been good on punt returns and Clements, who's been chomping at the bit, could get some action there. McGee and Simonton are also in the mix.

Morris and Crosby are probably the best coverage guys. Crowell should be good also. With some decent ST coaching, we'll be OK, but I'm not expecting a return to the Tasker-Pike-DeHaven years.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

STs should be vastly improved this season. I always judge ST by the depth of talent, youth, and speed. The depth of talent the Bills currently have is thicker than it's been in past years. Experience is on the rise and there is a heck of a lot of speed swimming around in the right positions. I really think we will be alright this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X