PDA

View Full Version : So whats happening with Mike Gillislee?

Wally The Barber
03-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Can we get this guy signed?

If not,lets get somebody else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwWwP8EREdw

I

Wally The Barber
03-28-2017, 07:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toasMKQ5ivc

The King
03-28-2017, 08:08 AM
He's under contract this season.

Wally The Barber
03-28-2017, 08:23 AM

I couldn't find my glasses :teary:

Joe Fo Sho
03-28-2017, 08:31 AM

Yeah, but what's happening with him? Does anyone know what's going on in his life? Or how he feels about the recent organizational changes? Is he happy? Is he staying regular?

Wally The Barber
03-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Yeah, but what's happening with him? Does anyone know what's going on in his life? Or how he feels about the recent organizational changes? Is he happy? Is he staying regular?

He has a great life...lots of money

tonyc37
03-28-2017, 11:25 AM
He's been tendered.So he either plays for the Bills or signed with someone else.If the Bills match he's here if they don't they get a pick.

Ed
03-28-2017, 11:29 AM
April 21st is the deadline to sign restricted free agents, but it seems unlikely at this point that another team makes him an offer before then. Last I heard the Bills were still interested in signing him to an extension, but either way he should at least be back for 2017.

Bill Cody
03-28-2017, 11:35 AM

not yet no. I would recommend the Bills negotiate a long term deal with him but as of now they have not. He's been given an original round tender so it is still possible we lose him to an offer from another team if we don't match it. In that case we'd get a 5th round pick in return.

YardRat
04-13-2017, 05:37 AM
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/extension_talks_ongoing_between_buffalo_bills_and_rb_mike_gillislee_report.html

"During the combine I mentioned the Buffalo Bills were meeting with representatives of Mike Gillislee in the hopes of hammering out an extension. I'm told talks are ongoing and both sides hope to reach an agreement in the next two weeks."

Turf
04-13-2017, 07:16 AM
Other teams can't spell his name so they said the heck with it.

OLDSRIP
04-13-2017, 07:33 AM
WGR just said he is visiting the Patriots today.

TigerJ
04-13-2017, 07:38 AM
He's under contract this season.I believe he was a restricted free agent who was tendered by he Bills. He has not signed his tender. Buffalo Rumblings has an article today reporting that the Patriots (of course) have him in for a visit.

kishoph
04-13-2017, 09:02 AM
WGR just said he is visiting the Patriots today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/buffalo-bills-rfa-rb-mike-gillislee-visiting-patriots/ar-BBzNv82

Cali512
04-13-2017, 09:49 AM
Losing Gillislee would be worse than losing Brown, Gilmore, and Woods. He's our perfect compliment to McCoy, and scores TDs like crazy. He's already had 12 TDs in his first 2 years, as a backup.

Gilmore I feel was overrated and lacked any passion
Brown was great but I love Reggie
I feel woods is a star (golden Tate like) but I think everyone in the world new he would leave

JoeMama
04-13-2017, 10:29 AM
Mike Gillislee is legit. You resign a dude like him no questions asked.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Everyone knows that, too. Hance the competition (as a RFA)

Joe Fo Sho
04-13-2017, 12:14 PM

Or you let him go out and test the market while you designate him as a restricted free agent. Let the market determine his value and match the offer if he signs somewhere else. I'd be surprised if New England offers a running back the type of contract that the Bills wouldn't be able to match. If we decide not to match, then we can go get another running back of a different teams practice squad like we did with this guy. He's still only a running back.

JoeMama
04-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Or you let him go out and test the market while you designate him as a restricted free agent. Let the market determine his value and match the offer if he signs somewhere else. I'd be surprised if New England offers a running back the type of contract that the Bills wouldn't be able to match. If we decide not to match, then we can go get another running back of a different teams practice squad like we did with this guy. He's still only a running back.

I'm also optimistic the Bills will match whatever offers are on the table. Seeing Gillislee in a Pats uniform would be hard to bear.

If not, hey, Karlos Williams is a free agent...

I'd certainly take him back.

Joe Fo Sho
04-13-2017, 12:45 PM
I'm also optimistic the Bills will match whatever offers are on the table. Seeing Gillislee in a Pats uniform would be hard to bear.

I'd certainly take him back.

Ha. I would too, actually. Which is kind of what I'm saying, we can find a replacement for Gillislee pretty easily if it came to that. The problem I think most people are having right now, like you said, is that they don't want to see him in a Patriots jersey.

Mr. Miyagi
04-13-2017, 02:10 PM
The Pats are using him to leverage Blount. They did the same by visiting with AP.

YardRat
04-13-2017, 04:39 PM
The Patriots have been fishing the RB market pretty hard.

streetkings01
04-14-2017, 09:50 AM

I'd certainly take him back.Los is suspended the first 10 games of the 2017 season

JoeMama
04-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Los is suspended the first 10 games of the 2017 season

I thought he already served 8 games last season and only had to deal with a 2 game suspension this season?

I guess I could just look it up but nah. Not feeling like doing research today.

streetkings01
04-14-2017, 11:30 AM
I thought he already served 8 games last season and only had to deal with a 2 game suspension this season?

I guess I could just look it up but nah. Not feeling like doing research today.They actually lifted the suspension in January. So he's free and clear but facing a 1 year ban for another failed drug test.

JoeMama
04-14-2017, 11:58 AM
They actually lifted the suspension in January. So he's free and clear but facing a 1 year ban for another failed drug test.

Welp. Looks like I need to table my suggestion that we sign Karlos Williams.

So much for that!

GarnOFreak
04-19-2017, 03:17 PM
Patriots just signed MG to a 2 year deal worth 6.4 million, with 4 million the first year. We currently have him at 1.8 million this year already, and would save 1.2 of that money if he goes to the pats, we would get their pick about 183 for him.