Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

NFL fans won't be LEAPING for joy as NFL continues to water down the league

• DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Re: NFL fans won't be LEAPING for joy as NFL continues to water down the league

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Can't wait to see how many pass rushers get booted for 'egregious' hits to Brady's head.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

I actually totally understand why they banned leaping. It can cause an injury and there are a bunch of other ways to block a kick. They tried to water down the ability to do it last year by saying you can't touch basically anyone when you do it so it became yet another judgment call. I'm happy they banned it

But I still don't get why centers are such pussies now and people can't line up ahead of them. This was also a instrumental part of the nfl DTs
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
          But I still don't get why centers are such pussies now and people can't line up ahead of them. This was also a instrumental part of the nfl DTs
          The penalty is only called during field goals and punts, I believe. It's a head injury risk, because the long snappers don't keep their head up during the snap. It doesn't affect DTs during 95% of plays.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Can't wait to see how many pass rushers get booted for 'egregious' hits to Brady's head.
            With the terrible officiating these days, this will be a license to ill.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

That rule change has the backing of the NFLPA.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I hate these judgment call rules because I don't trust the refs to enforce them consistently and it will burn us at some point.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  I hate these judgment call rules because I don't trust the refs to enforce them consistently and it will burn us at some point.
                  It should be reviewable like in college games.

Comment

Working...
                  X