PDA

View Full Version : This is who I want at #10...

k-oneputt
03-29-2017, 11:25 AM
And in this order:

* I am dismissing Garrett and Thomas as I don't see any way either falls to #10.

1.Mahomes - Yes I am willing to roll the dice on this kid. We all know you cannot win without top qb play. He would be in a nice position being able to sit and learn for a year or two. And McDermott has the time to wait it out.
2. Allen
3. Adams
4. Foster
5. Lattimore
6 Hooker

No wr at #10. I don't see a stud wr. We can get one in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Have at it. Who is everyone liking at #10 ?

jamze132
03-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Uh, there are 2-3 stud receivers. Any of them are worthy of the #10 pick, especially when it fills a huge need.

k-oneputt
03-29-2017, 01:36 PM
Uh, there are 2-3 stud receivers. Any of them are worthy of the #10 pick, especially when it fills a huge need.

I don't see a Julio, Dez, Green, Antonio, Beckham, even a Sammy in this group.
I see good receivers, not great. You can find comparable in Zay Jones and Schuster imo.

k-oneputt
03-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Josh Jones - s and Quincy Wilson - cb, are two d-backs I think the Bills will look long and hard at in rds 2-3.

Bill Cody
03-29-2017, 02:24 PM
And in this order:

* I am dismissing Garrett and Thomas as I don't see any way either falls to #10.

1.Mahomes - Yes I am willing to roll the dice on this kid. We all know you cannot win without top qb play. He would be in a nice position being able to sit and learn for a year or two. And McDermott has the time to wait it out.

Mahomes would be a nice pick....in round 2

justasportsfan
03-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Where would Mahomes be slated to be drafted in next years draft? 2nd? 3rd? :idunno:

k-oneputt
03-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Farve was "slated" 2nd rd., Brees was slated 2nd rd. ..........

The King
03-29-2017, 04:12 PM
Farve was "slated" 2nd rd., Brees was slated 2nd rd. ..........
Drew Brees was a second rounder.

YardRat
03-29-2017, 06:00 PM
I don't want anything to do with a QB at #10, and am now willing to pass on WR also and wait until the second or third round (a little concerned about injury/ailments with Williams and Davis). I'd really like to trade down, but if we can't I'd be looking at DL Allen, S Adams, OT Ramczyk, CB Lattimore or even reach a little bit for LBer Reddick or Cunningham.

k-oneputt
03-29-2017, 06:33 PM
Drew Brees was a second rounder.

Yes he was. And I think we can agree he coulda,shoulda,woulda been a one based on production.

Mace
03-29-2017, 07:23 PM
I don't want anything to do with a QB at #10, and am now willing to pass on WR also and wait until the second or third round (a little concerned about injury/ailments with Williams and Davis). I'd really like to trade down, but if we can't I'd be looking at DL Allen, S Adams, OT Ramczyk, CB Lattimore or even reach a little bit for LBer Reddick or Cunningham.

I'd love a trade down and Cunningham.

Yeah, I think they need a pick who can play right away at 10, and not a WR in the hope it makes Taylor a better passer, which it won't. In this offense, with this QB, a WR is an infrequent and not consistent asset. You can't really say yeah but he'll be there for the next QB, because there will be more stud WR's in any draft. The spread oriented college game can be counted on for a yearly crop of stud WR's and stud DB's.

To me, immediate impact and need is going to be a DB or LB this year for the new defensive model.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2017, 07:32 PM
Mahomes will be there in the 2nd.

Williams and Mahomes, I'll take the gambles.

Turf
03-29-2017, 08:14 PM
I hope Terry told Whaley there's a draft, otherwise he wouldn't know.

BillsImpossible
03-29-2017, 08:48 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wNoDMUOsL3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stuckincincy
03-29-2017, 10:15 PM
I don't see a Julio, Dez, Green, Antonio, Beckham, even a Sammy in this group.
I see good receivers, not great. You can find comparable in Zay Jones and Schuster imo.

Correct. I previously thought that WR was the way to go at %10.

cookie G
03-29-2017, 11:18 PM
oh, someone's been reading my mock in the simulator forum. I'm flattered.

I had Mahomes in the 1st and and Zay Jones in the 2nd.

I only picked him at 10 because the times I ran the simulator, he was gone by the time of our 2nd pick.

He's a risk...but its better than continuing the same old failed policies that have been repeated during this playoff drought.

Lattimore or Adams, even if they're available, don't put this team in the playoffs any more than Clements did, or Whitner did, or Gillmore did.

BillsImpossible
03-29-2017, 11:21 PM
I think Mahomes is the Dak Prescott of 2017.

djjimkelly
03-30-2017, 05:28 AM
i want the alabama TE he will be a matchup nightmare for years to come

DraftBoy
03-30-2017, 06:00 AM
I like Mahomes a lot, but I'd rather either trade down to get him or trade back up into Round 1 to get him. Even if it meant sacrificing the 2018 1st Rounder.

YardRat
03-31-2017, 05:53 AM
I know who I'd like, and others from what they've posted, but I'm getting a sneaky feeling edge/DE or TE may be the pick if we get stuck at ten. If LorAx is truly penciled in as a LBer we are desperately thin at DE, and even though McDermott is a D coach don't think for a second the impact Olson has had on Carolina's O and Newton's development has flown under his radar.

Turf
03-31-2017, 07:03 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wNoDMUOsL3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His personality reminds me of Jack Eichel.

k-oneputt
03-31-2017, 08:11 AM
He seems to have that "edge" to him. I like that in a qb.

And he won't last to our 2nd rd. pick. So it's #10 or trade back a few spots and hope he is still there.
I think he's worth the gamble. If they are right he moves us that much closer to the Super Bowl then any db or wr would.
Really after two decades what do they have to lose ?????

JoeMama
03-31-2017, 08:12 AM
The only two QBs I'd really consider in this draft are Mitch Trubisky and Pat Mahomes II based on the footage I've seen.

And Mahomes is interesting because I think there's a good chance he's available when our 2nd round pick is on the clock.

Certainly another team is overrating Kizer and/or Watson. Mahomes slips through the cracks.

cookie G
03-31-2017, 08:47 AM
The only two QBs I'd really consider in this draft are Mitch Trubisky and Pat Mahomes II based on the footage I've seen.

And Mahomes is interesting because I think there's a good chance he's available when our 2nd round pick is on the clock.

Certainly another team is overrating Kizer and/or Watson. Mahomes slips through the cracks.

At one time, I would have agreed, but I think people are becoming enamored with him.

He's supposedly has 18 visits/private workouts lined up. The little I've read is that he's impressing in interviews.

Even if none are picked in the top 10 (which I doubt), 4 of the top 6 teams picking in the 2nd need a QB.

Even towards the bottom of the first, there are a number of teams, like NO, the Giants and Steelers that may be looking for a successor.

One of these teams is going to see him as a Brett Favre like prospect, IMO. And that thought will be enough at the bottom of the 1st/top of the second.

JoeMama
03-31-2017, 09:13 AM
At one time, I would have agreed, but I think people are becoming enamored with him.

He's supposedly has 18 visits/private workouts lined up. The little I've read is that he's impressing in interviews.

Even if none are picked in the top 10 (which I doubt), 4 of the top 6 teams picking in the 2nd need a QB.

Even towards the bottom of the first, there are a number of teams, like NO, the Giants and Steelers that may be looking for a successor.

One of these teams is going to see him as a Brett Favre like prospect, IMO. And that thought will be enough at the bottom of the 1st/top of the second.

A pity.

He looks like one of those intriguing QBs that so often fall through the cracks like Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott.

You're right though. There may be too many QB needy teams ahead of us for Mahomes to simply fall into our lap.

Bill Cody
03-31-2017, 10:28 AM

You're probably right. QB's consistenly get overdrafted because of the critical importance of the position and the demand far exceeding the supply. Just once you'd like to see Buffalo run a draft that doesn't look a 17 year old unable to hold his fire on a hot date. Trade back in the first, then trade back again if you can. The Bills could use a major influx of talent. I would take Trubisky ahead of Mahomes but if they took either one mid to late 1st after adding 2 or 3 more choices to a thin group of picks then yeah maybe for once we'd be on to something. Do I expect anything of the kind? Hell no.

PrimeTime
04-03-2017, 08:26 AM
And in this order:
2. Allen
3. Adams
4. Foster
5. Lattimore
6 HookerNo wr at #10. I don't see a stud wr. We can get one in the 2nd or 3rd rd.
Have at it. Who is everyone liking at #10 ?

Seeing you have no clue, I shall enlighten you with some facts.

DE Allen and S Adams(we don't need a starting safety) will be gone at top 5.. and its not even close going past 5.

Foster as in Reuben foster the ILB? is not a position of need and we don't need ILB Ragland will be a star and there is no doubting it.

Lattimore at CB would be an interesting pick if he is there.

Hooker? safety? not a position of need. IF you cant get what you need in first round at position of need you move up or down.

as for PAT ****ING MAHOMES? at the first round? that was guesswork made weeks ago and he is a second round prospect at best..

as for you saying there are no real potential possibilities at WR? at 10?

how about..

Mike Williams?? and if Mike is by far the BEST WR in this draft. or Lattimore is off the books at 10 you move to 15-17 and get

Cam Robinson OT.. yes this would solidify our O'Line
Marlone Humphry CB.. good talent there
John Ross at 15-20.. you know.. the WR that recorded a 4.22 at the combine and has more talent in his pinkie then Goodwin Entire body?

before you spend 10 seconds throwing names on a post in the forums.. do a little ****ing homework.. save our eyes..

thanks

k-oneputt
04-03-2017, 12:39 PM
LOL. I'm willing to bet you have never even seen Mahomes play other then youtube videos.

YardRat
04-03-2017, 01:42 PM
LOL. I'm willing to bet you have never even seen Mahomes play other then youtube videos.

Somebody pissed in his Wheaties and told him it was almond milk. Might have been me in the other thread, actually.

Night Train
04-03-2017, 04:41 PM
If we stay at #10, I'm guessing OLB's Cunningham of Vandy, Reddick of Temple or a top CB. TE wouldn't surprise me ( Howard ) but the position is so freakin' deep.

PrimeTime
04-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Somebody pissed in his Wheaties and told him it was almond milk. Might have been me in the other thread, actually.

your OP was like pissing in our Wheaties.. and I Dont have you in other threads.... Actually

The Jokeman
04-04-2017, 06:16 AM
Adams or Hooker. Yet both likely gone. Then it's tough as Mike Williams reminds me of a Dez Bryant type of WR which be very valuable to any offense. OJ Howard could be an Antonio Gates but also really like idea of trading down and getting a CB in Round 1 and having a fee more picks to play with.

YardRat
04-04-2017, 07:01 AM
your OP was like pissing in our Wheaties.. and I Dont have you in other threads.... Actually

You called me a 'rugrat' in the Under-rated thread...Actually. Meanie.

PrimeTime
04-04-2017, 09:49 AM
You called me a 'rugrat' in the Under-rated thread...Actually. Meanie.

stop making garbage threads then.. do your homework... spend more then 30 seconds on a write up for a thread.

Cali512
04-04-2017, 10:47 AM
I think Mahomes is way overhyped. He's like a mix of Johnny Manziel in a Bryce petty offense, along with his arm. If Mahomes was white no one would compare him to Dak and Wilson. He'd be getting Klein/Manziel comparisons

YardRat
04-04-2017, 06:48 PM
stop making garbage threads then.. do your homework... spend more then 30 seconds on a write up for a thread.

Such anger and vitriol. Are you related to somebody on the team, or in the front office?

PrimeTime
04-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Such anger and vitriol. Are you related to somebody on the team, or in the front office?
Your picking straws and got the short one..

you loose.

this isn't anger.. this is just posting facts.

YardRat
04-05-2017, 05:32 AM
Your picking straws and got the short one..

you loose.

this isn't anger.. this is just posting facts.
Your opinions do not = facts.

And I'm not loose, I've still got pretty good muscle tone for my age.

k-oneputt
04-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Seeing you have no clue, I shall enlighten you with some facts.

DE Allen and S Adams(we don't need a starting safety) will be gone at top 5.. and its not even close going past 5.

Foster as in Reuben foster the ILB? is not a position of need and we don't need ILB Ragland will be a star and there is no doubting it.

Lattimore at CB would be an interesting pick if he is there.

Hooker? safety? not a position of need. IF you cant get what you need in first round at position of need you move up or down.

as for PAT ****ING MAHOMES? at the first round? that was guesswork made weeks ago and he is a second round prospect at best..

as for you saying there are no real potential possibilities at WR? at 10?

how about..

Mike Williams?? and if Mike is by far the BEST WR in this draft. or Lattimore is off the books at 10 you move to 15-17 and get

Cam Robinson OT.. yes this would solidify our O'Line
Marlone Humphry CB.. good talent there
John Ross at 15-20.. you know.. the WR that recorded a 4.22 at the combine and has more talent in his pinkie then Goodwin Entire body?

before you spend 10 seconds throwing names on a post in the forums.. do a little ****ing homework.. save our eyes..

thanks

Small Time you idiot, Foster will play weakside lb, with Ragland in the middle.

BertSquirtgum
04-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Mike Williams-Clemson-Buffalo Bills-#10 draft pick of 2017 NFL Draft

yordad
04-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Lattimore

yordad
04-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Any one happen to see the list of receivers the Pats have and who is throwing the ball? Anyone happen to compare that to our secondary?

Ed
04-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Any one happen to see the list of receivers the Pats have and who is throwing the ball? Anyone happen to compare that to our secondary?
Lattimore would be a nice pick, but it's looking more and more likely that he's almost a lock to go in the top 9. They'll probably take a CB in round 2 or 3 since it's a position with a lot of depth.

PrimeTime
04-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Your opinions do not = facts.
And I'm not loose, I've still got pretty good muscle tone for my age.

yea but your balls are all shriveled up and somewhere inside that head that you call a brain looks the same I am sure..

Mouldsie
04-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Lattimore would be a nice pick, but it's looking more and more likely that he's almost a lock to go in the top 9. They'll probably take a CB in round 2 or 3 since it's a position with a lot of depth.

I'm a fan of Jourdan Lewis in round 2. I love the way he plays but he doesn't have elite size or measurables so he may fall and be perfect for a zone scheme that I assume we will run a lot of. He reminds me of Josh Norman actually.

stuckincincy
04-05-2017, 10:38 PM
I'm a fan of Jourdan Lewis in round 2. I love the way he plays but he doesn't have elite size or measurables so he may fall and be perfect for a zone scheme that I assume we will run a lot of. He reminds me of Josh Norman actually.

They need backfield players, for sure.

stuckincincy
04-05-2017, 10:42 PM
I think Mahomes is way overhyped. He's like a mix of Johnny Manziel in a Bryce petty offense, along with his arm. If Mahomes was white no one would compare him to Dak and Wilson. He'd be getting Klein/Manziel comparisons

He plays like a kid in a pick-up game.

k-oneputt
04-26-2017, 04:13 PM
Since I know they don't have the balls to draft Mahomes at #10 and change the course of this franchise, this is what I want in the draft:

1st rd. LB - Reuben Foster
2nd rd. CB - Quincy Wilson
3rd rd LB - Ryan Anderson

Defense back to 4-3 and attacking the qb again before Rex came and f it all up.

DL- Lawson, Williams, Dareus, Hughes
LB- Anderson, Ragland, Foster
CB- Darby, Wilson
S- Hyde, Poyer

Get a little attitude and nasty back in the defense, run the ball, and hope Tyrod does enough.

Cali512
04-26-2017, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't take Garrett even at 10

Jmo

swiper
04-26-2017, 06:50 PM
John Wawrow
✔ @john_wawrow

Second person informs me #Bills taking QB in first round very unlikely.

John Wawrow
✔ @john_wawrow

What I've been told.

Stranger things may happen, but fact is it's unlikely #Bills go QB.
Best I can say. Especially tough with 10th pick..

psubills62
04-27-2017, 08:39 AM
I know he's never going to make it to 10, but I want Malik Hooker in the worst possible way. Gut feeling says he's the next Ed Reed.

JoeMama
04-27-2017, 09:02 AM
Rumors intensifying that Jags will take DeShaun Watson at #4.

Thank God. I don't even want Whaley to even have the temptation of wasting a pick on him at #10.