PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bennett is proving to be an idiot

Cali512
03-29-2017, 04:23 PM
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-rule-change-leaping-block-field-goals-michael-bennett-032917&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj6pfbO0vzSAhUD32MKHd0bAkEQqQIIDjAA&usg=AFQjCNE5VndCfv7LPZkgcKbztbHy48v4mg

He says that the reason why the NFL would take out leaping is because owners don't want to lose games because a player jumped over the line. Are you seriously this dump Michael? Why the **** would they of made extra points harder if this was the case? Why would blocking kicks be legal at all if this was the case

I hate the direction the NFL is going, but someone needs to get the Seahawks along with the bennets to shut the **** up. There is a lot to say about the NFL but they are grasping for things to ***** about and taking advantage of the nfls image to make them always appear smart. I truly believe the Seahawks are going to implode because of their team is being run, its getting out of hand.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-30-2017, 12:11 AM
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-rule-change-leaping-block-field-goals-michael-bennett-032917&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj6pfbO0vzSAhUD32MKHd0bAkEQqQIIDjAA&usg=AFQjCNE5VndCfv7LPZkgcKbztbHy48v4mg

He says that the reason why the NFL would take out leaping is because owners don't want to lose games because a player jumped over the line. Are you seriously this dump Michael? Why the **** would they of made extra points harder if this was the case? Why would blocking kicks be legal at all if this was the case

I hate the direction the NFL is going, but someone needs to get the Seahawks along with the bennets to shut the **** up. There is a lot to say about the NFL but they are grasping for things to ***** about and taking advantage of the nfls image to make them always appear smart. I truly believe the Seahawks are going to implode because of their team is being run, its getting out of hand.

Hi Roger

Mouldsie
03-30-2017, 04:24 PM

Can you explain why he's wrong and why he's an idiot?

Cali512
03-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Can you explain why he's wrong and why he's an idiot?

Do you really think 32 to owners have that much of an issue with a play that rarely ever works, that mostly when used leads to a penalty for offsides, and that is just one out of multiple ways to block kicks. Rather than seeing a 200-230 lb man leaping over a player who has his head down at the snap and that if their cleats hit them they can get severely in injured

Turf
03-30-2017, 10:55 PM
But you have to leap at the combine.

I really don't see leaping or player safety as the issue. They're just trying to get that dumb jump over the center on a FG play out of the game. Why don't they just say that.

Cali512
03-30-2017, 10:59 PM
Omg this is such a conspiracy theory. There is not benefit for the owners to agree on this, their team can do it too!!! It's not even an exploit. It usually hurts their team when used

Historian
03-31-2017, 04:18 AM
The entire reason for the "Head's Up" initiative, is because necks can get broken when a collision ensues, and the head is looking down.

Such as a center looking at a holder through his legs.

A cervical vertebrae can be broken, and death could be instantaneous. Paralysis would be a certainty.

This is why they teach players to look at what they are hitting, head back.

A player can absorb a blow to the head backwards, (like in a car accident) and just get a sore neck.

A blow with the head forward could kill him.

Didn't any of you couch potatoes ever play football?

Forward_Lateral
04-01-2017, 12:19 PM
The entire reason for the "Head's Up" initiative, is because necks can get broken when a collision ensues, and the head is looking down.

A cervical vertebrae can be broken, and death could be instantaneous. Paralysis would be a certainty.

A player can absorb a blow to the head backwards, (like in a car accident) and just get a sore neck.

But player safety is soooooooooooooooo boring.

Personally, I hated the leaping play. It's taking advantage of a loophole that no longer exists. I'm glad.

BillsOwnAll
04-01-2017, 12:30 PM
I never understood why the OL doesn't just stand up and take out the legs of the jumper.. yah you'll hurt em.. but they'll stop doing it too

Night Train
04-01-2017, 12:36 PM
If we kicked all the idiots out of the NFL, we wouldn't have enough players left to field 3 teams.

Mouldsie
04-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Do you really think 32 to owners have that much of an issue with a play that rarely ever works, that mostly when used leads to a penalty for offsides, and that is just one out of multiple ways to block kicks. Rather than seeing a 200-230 lb man leaping over a player who has his head down at the snap and that if their cleats hit them they can get severely in injured

You put a lot of words in my mouth there. I just asked you to explain your premise.

YardRat
04-01-2017, 06:28 PM
I never understood why the OL doesn't just stand up and take out the legs of the jumper.. yah you'll hurt em.. but they'll stop doing it too

I give the long-snappers league-wide credit for not trying that.

YardRat
04-01-2017, 06:36 PM
The rule change that irritates me (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm basing my opinion on information from a radio interview with Mike Pereira) is the one that further defines a WR as being in a 'defenseless' position as soon as the ball is snapped and they begin to run their route, even within the 5-yard chuck zone. Receivers are going to be virtually untouchable, and yet nothing was done in kind for defensive players so a Jarvis Landry-type hit on AW is still 'OK'. To me, that's bull**** and is a clear indication that the league is truly more concerned about offense and points than they are about player safety. Also, John Murphy and Donald Jones are dumbasses for not bringing that factoid up during the interview.

Cali512
04-01-2017, 11:39 PM
You put a lot of words in my mouth there. I just asked you to explain your premise.

Are you paying any attention to the narrative of the conversation? You asked why do I think HE is wrong. I explained directing everything at what HE said. I didn't put any words in your mouth, but I did assume you were defending him because I made it clear why i thought he was wrong in the op

Cali512
04-01-2017, 11:44 PM
The rule change that irritates me (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm basing my opinion on information from a radio interview with Mike Pereira) is the one that further defines a WR as being in a 'defenseless' position as soon as the ball is snapped and they begin to run their route, even within the 5-yard chuck zone. Receivers are going to be virtually untouchable, and yet nothing was done in kind for defensive players so a Jarvis Landry-type hit on AW is still 'OK'. To me, that's bull**** and is a clear indication that the league is truly more concerned about offense and points than they are about player safety. Also, John Murphy and Donald Jones are dumbasses for not bringing that factoid up during the interview.

I do have to say though, it seems like every single concussion you see is from a defenseless WR. It will be interesting to see an NFL where only ballcarriers can be laid out, and CBs have to attack the football

Not only that but a Safety should be always aiming at a players mid section not their upper half

DetDannyWilliams
04-02-2017, 04:02 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0130/nfl_a_everett_300.jpg