PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated Bills

Thurmal
04-01-2017, 11:27 AM
We need a new thread here...how about the unsung heroes of the Bills. I want to get obscure with it. We all know that Darryl Talley was criminally underrated, so let's take him off this list. I'm looking for the real "only Bills fans know" guys. I'll start it off:

-- Billy Brooks
-- Darick Holmes
-- Butch Rolle
-- Kurt Schultz
-- Hal Garner

YardRat
04-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Paul Seymour, TE
Roland Hooks, RB
Mike Kadish, DT
Derrick Burroughs, CB

Wally The Barber
04-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Bobby Chandler

Jeff Yates

Stu Barber

Ed
04-01-2017, 02:43 PM
I don't know if he would count as being underrated, but I think LB Sam Cowart would have been one of the Bills all-time greats if it wasn't for a dirty cheap shot to the knee that ended his 2000 season, and then a ruptured achilles on the very first series of the 2001 season. He didn't get re-signed because of the injuries and never looked the same again, but I truly believe he was better than Ray Lewis before that.

swiper
04-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Bobby Chandler

Jeff Yates

Stu Barber

Stu Barber??? ROFLMAO. The first, and worst, GM ever.

- - - Updated - - -

FRED JACKSON

YardRat
04-01-2017, 03:06 PM

What the hell are you are talking about?

Wally The Barber
04-01-2017, 03:37 PM

- - - Updated - - -

FRED JACKSON

He was an American Football League All-Star (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League_All-Star_games) five consecutive years, from 1963 through 1967.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-01-2017, 03:41 PM
I don't know if he would count as being underrated, but I think LB Sam Cowart would have been one of the Bills all-time greats if it wasn't for a dirty cheap shot to the knee that ended his 2000 season, and then a ruptured achilles on the very first series of the 2001 season. He didn't get re-signed because of the injuries and never looked the same again, but I truly believe he was better than Ray Lewis before that.

Man we have never recovered from that Tampa loss in 2000. That game was far worse than the Tennessee loss. The third quarter of the Tampa game changed the whole culture of this franchise. Going into Tampa we were 7-4 and playoff bound. Robosack looked like he was finally looking above average, the game against KC the previous week was Robosack's best ever. They were a tough, gritty team, with a great defense and that never say die attitude of the 90s Bills. They left Tampa battered, half the D was gone, the resilience was gone (Wade infamously said before the next game this is not a playoff team) and the culture of losing which has held us in a titanium grip ever since was born as was the injury plague. So yeah Cowart is the most tragic what could have been. He was a first ballot best of his generation great before his injury

TigerJ
04-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Bobby Chandler

Jeff Yates

Stu BarberI think you're prejudiced. You picked Stu because he was a barber.

PrimeTime
04-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Current Kyle Williams
Past Nate Odems 29 int his last 3 years with buffalo

Mace
04-01-2017, 08:01 PM
OL - Ken Jones, Tim Vogler
DB - Rod Kush, Jeff Nixon
WR/ST - Lou Piccone
FB - Roosevelt Leaks
RB - Joe Cribbs (until he became militant about salary and went to the USFL he was phenomenal, was never the same after)

Generalissimus Gibby
04-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Oh and I omitted underrated Bills

Leonard Smith
Sam Cowart
Kurt Schulz
Bill Brooks
Mark Pike

OpIv37
04-01-2017, 09:12 PM

- - - Updated - - -

FRED JACKSON
I don't know how other football fans viewed him but FJ was derfinitely not underrated by Bills fans. We all knew what he could do and how important he was to the team.

stuckincincy
04-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Oh and I omitted underrated Bills

Leonard Smith
Sam Cowart
Kurt Schulz
Bill Brooks
Mark Pike

Good one!

swiper
04-02-2017, 05:45 AM
He was an American Football League All-Star (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League_All-Star_games) five consecutive years, from 1963 through 1967.

But a terrible GM.

And if he was a 5 x All-Star then he doesn't qualify as being under-rated you stupid old man.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how other football fans viewed him but FJ was derfinitely not underrated by Bills fans. We all knew what he could do and how important he was to the team.

Was under-rated by football fans outside of Buffalo.

Night Train
04-02-2017, 05:58 AM
2 LB's stick out to me.

Lucius Sanford - 1978-86
Eugene Marve - 1982-87

Both hit like Mac trucks and played out of their minds every snap. Loved them.

sudzy
04-02-2017, 06:02 AM
Rob Riddick. Like Butch Rolle all he did was score TDs.

Mark Kelso. All he did was get the ball back for the offense.

Historian
04-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Joe Devlin
Marlin Briscoe
Tom Sestak
Wallace Francis
Tony Greene
Robert James

YardRat
04-02-2017, 08:46 AM
IIRC Devlin was the guy that intentionally let Gastineau and Klecko slip through the line and whack Kelly a few times in his first game as a Bill, and I can never forgive him for that.

Historian
04-02-2017, 08:56 AM
Where do you come up with this ****?

YardRat
04-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Where do you come up with this ****?

You don't remember Kelly throwing a fit and telling the oline "If you aren't going to ****ing block for me then we'll find somebody else who will", his family screaming from the stands, and the 'wink wink, nod nod' comments after the game?

swiper
04-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Ben Williams

PrimeTime
04-03-2017, 12:34 AM
IIRC Devlin was the guy that intentionally let Gastineau and Klecko slip through the line and whack Kelly a few times in his first game as a Bill, and I can never forgive him for that.

if you think that he did it on purpose then your ****ing CLUELESS

PrimeTime
04-03-2017, 12:35 AM
You don't remember Kelly throwing a fit and telling the oline "If you aren't going to ****ing block for me then we'll find somebody else who will", his family screaming from the stands, and the 'wink wink, nod nod' comments after the game?
yep I remember, and do you remember 2 games later that it was a block call that came from center that was called wrong both times? Bet you ****ing forgot that to you ****ing rugrat

YardRat
04-03-2017, 05:33 AM
Such hostility. Goodness gracious.

sukie
04-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Reuben Gant.. BOOM thread done.

jimmifli
04-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Antoine Winfield. Never got the respect he was due. Even from people that praised him, it was always qualified by a statement about his height.

Nope, no qualifier needed. He was a damn good CB for any height. I'm not sure we've had a better one since he left.

swiper
04-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Reuben Gant.. BOOM thread done.

This thread is for under-rated players. Not for over-paid prima donnas who sucked. Boom!

swiper
04-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Antoine Winfield. Never got the respect he was due. Even from people that praised him, it was always qualified by a statement about his height.

Nope, no qualifier needed. He was a damn good CB for any height. I'm not sure we've had a better one since he left.

ROFL. Ok. jimmi just lost ALL his credibility. Whitner is one of the most over-rated pieces of garbage ever to wear a Bills uniform. Couldn't tackle worth crap and could never cover very well.

sukie
04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
ROFL. Ok. jimmi just lost ALL his credibility. Whitner is one of the most over-rated pieces of garbage ever to wear a Bills uniform. Couldn't tackle worth crap and could never cover very well.

He was "under-overrated".

YardRat
04-03-2017, 01:16 PM

Ya know, when you pull **** like this it just gives Canadians more ammo to shoot at the US educational system.

jimmifli
04-03-2017, 02:31 PM

https://i.imgur.com/gmDGwJW.png

swiper
04-03-2017, 05:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gmDGwJW.png

Is he a poster here?

jimmifli
04-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Is he a poster here?

It would seem.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-03-2017, 08:20 PM

he said Winfield, not Whitner.

on whitner I agree with you 10000%

Arm of Harm
04-03-2017, 09:34 PM
he said Winfield, not Whitner.

on whitner I agree with you 10000%

This reminds me of the following story.

Dan: "Today is the first day a non-human player will be taking the field in an NFL uniform. This non-human is a chameleon, weighing about 150 pounds. Normally they're only a small fraction that size but this one's been genetically engineered. He doesn't have the speed for corner, so they're putting him in at safety."

Al: "The quarterback takes, he drops back, he guns over the middle. And the chameleon! What a play! The chameleon just shot out his tongue, grabbed the football in the air like it was a fly, and pulled it right in."

Dan: "First time a quarterback's been intercepted by a chameleon."

Al: "You know, this chameleon thing could be the wave of the future."

Dan: "If slow, undersized players, with big mouths and reptilian brains are the wave of the future, teams should start cloning Donte Whitner."