PDA

View Full Version : TBN : Sean McDermott era gets a symbolic start Monday

Mace
04-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Workouts start.

Thing I got a kick out of :

The Bills’ new head coach has put a priority on strength and conditioning, which is why he would wake up between 3 and 5 a.m. during his time with the Carolina Panthers to go through MMA workouts.

McDermott told reporters at the NFL owners meeting in Arizona last week that “I’ve got to stay in shape because these players are in great shape – in peak condition. I can’t be out there out of shape. I like to run with them afterward.”

Talk about a culture change.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/01/sean-mcdermott-era-gets-symbolic-start-monday/

Turf
04-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Don't say anything that makes any ****ing sense here.

Novacane
04-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Wrecks didn't run with the team?

Historian
04-03-2017, 02:22 AM
Wrecks didn't run with the team?

Well, he was up at 3 am picking up the Paula's Doughnuts for the team meetings.

Wally The Barber
04-03-2017, 04:03 AM
It may be voluntary but if I where Jerry Hughes or Marcell Dareus, I show up early

I am telling you right now, both are in trouble here.

Neither likes to practice...

Night Train
04-03-2017, 04:16 AM
This week will help him finish off his draft weekend ideas.

Historian
04-03-2017, 04:16 AM
I agree, and if this Coach is as thorough as they claim he is, it wouldn't surprise me if he's ready to deal one or both of them on draft day.

Darius has tremendous talent, but a downside that simply can't be ignored, and it's keeping him from reaching his true potential.

YardRat
04-03-2017, 05:49 AM
Unless one of them acts in a manner that completely undermines his attempts to create his culture, he's going to give them both a season (or at least training camp) to see what they bring to the table for him.

Skooby
04-03-2017, 06:42 AM
Dareus with a true effort put in would be the scariest player in the league, I'm serious he's that talented but previously untrained.

JoeMama
04-03-2017, 07:11 AM
I prefer out of shape coaches who brood in silent reproach. A visage of constant disapproval etched upon their faces win or lose. Eyes like steel, cold and hard.

The scowling expression you'd expect to see if God caught you masturbating.

You know, the Bill Belichick type.

elroy16
04-03-2017, 08:28 AM
It may be voluntary but if I where Jerry Hughes or Marcell Dareus, I show up early

I can't argue for Dareus' side, but everything I've read says Jerry is a very hard worker and frequently puts in extra time after practice to work on his pass rushing moves, among other things.

I'll pull up the articles if you want, but I don't believe for a second Hughes has an issue with work ethic.

Pinkerton Security
04-03-2017, 09:28 AM
I can't argue for Dareus' side, but everything I've read says Jerry is a very hard worker and frequently puts in extra time after practice to work on his pass rushing moves, among other things.

I'll pull up the articles if you want, but I don't believe for a second Hughes has an issue with work ethic.

Agreed - too many people on here mistake their personal opinion for fact.

Topas
04-03-2017, 09:48 AM
I prefer out of shape coaches who brood in silent reproach. A visage of constant disapproval etched upon their faces win or lose. Eyes like steel, cold and hard.

Good post. I laughed and agreed simultaneously.

Agreed - too many people on here mistake their personal opinion for fact.
Agree. Hughes does not have a problem with practicing and moving. He has more of a problem with stopping. E.g. after the whistle.

Wally The Barber
04-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Unless one of them acts in a manner that completely undermines his attempts to create his culture, he's going to give them both a season (or at least training camp) to see what they bring to the table for him.

I have no faith he will pass the drug test........none.....zero.

If he doesn't he will be gone for good

Mr. Magoo
04-03-2017, 12:01 PM
I have no faith he will pass the drug test........none.....zero.

If he doesn't he will be gone for good

If that is the case what a waste of talent.

elroy16
04-03-2017, 12:06 PM
If that is the case what a waste of talent.

He wouldn't be the first person to waste great talent and sure wouldn't be the last. He's already wasted some prime years, but still could easily play at a very high level for 4-5 more years if he's motivated.

As with everything Bills related, I am cautiously optimistic.

jimmifli
04-03-2017, 12:20 PM
When Kyle was complaining about work ethic on the Dline, a lot of people jumped to conclusions and blamed Marcel. Kyle went out of his way to speak highly of Marcel's work ethic in practice. It took a while before media and everybody figured out he meant Mario.

elroy16
04-03-2017, 12:50 PM
When Kyle was complaining about work ethic on the Dline, a lot of people jumped to conclusions and blamed Marcel. Kyle went out of his way to speak highly of Marcel's work ethic in practice. It took a while before media and everybody figured out he meant Mario.

I know it was a while ago, but Marcell did fail the conditioning test back before the 2014 season. Since then I don't think it's been an issue, but with the suspensions, injuries, reportedly not paying attention in positional meetings, and his huge contract, Dareus is an easy target for fans.

I've defended Dareus a lot and only hope/wish the best for him, but I understand where the detractors come from.

I'm happy he's there right now, let's just hope he's been working out and staying out of trouble.

The King
04-03-2017, 01:06 PM

I would be fine with both of them gone. Except for the Cap hits.

Mace
04-03-2017, 07:33 PM

You nailed it, Mama. Nothing tops a virulent, vicious visage.

Forward_Lateral
04-04-2017, 02:39 PM
I'll believe this change of culture bs jargon when they cut players who violate the team's personal conduct policies.

Cali512
04-04-2017, 02:40 PM
I'll believe this change of culture bs jargon when they cut players who violate the team's personal conduct policies.

Rex cut Karlos for Marijuanna and showing up overweight???
That's not how you focus on culture change. Even NE signed Blount after is personal conduct issues. Pitt is keeping Bryant after missing a year for weed. GB kept Lacy for years while having weight issues. Seattle signed Lynch. Az has a huge history of second chances and signing troubled players. I can go on to every power house who benefited from signing players who didn't fall in line with this thinking