PDA

View Full Version : Well, I think we can forget about Chad Kelly being drafted...

ckg927
04-03-2017, 01:35 PM
at least at a decent position in the NFL Draft.

The Ole Miss QB was barred from the NFL Combine, but did have a pro day scheduled for today.

Per many outlets(including the News), Kelly was slated to run 50 plays in front of scouts from every team-the Bills included. However, he didn't even get close to that mark; after about 5 minutes of throwing, Kelly was shut down due to a wrist injury. Considering that he's still recovering from a torn ACL, I wouldn't even sign him as a FA, never mind draft him.

YardRat
04-03-2017, 01:39 PM
He'll still get drafted. If he's there past the fourth, I'll be surprised.

Historian
04-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Bills will take him in the third...

Joe Fo Sho
04-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Kelly was shut down due to a wrist injury. Considering that he's still recovering from a torn ACL, I wouldn't even sign him as a FA, never mind draft him.

Those things heal. There's no risk to signing him as a UDFA. Hell, I'd probably take him with our 7th if he's still available. I don't think he will be, though.

Goobylal
04-03-2017, 02:21 PM
I think the Bills will be able to take him with their first 5th rounder. I wouldn't wait any longer and that's a decent spot to take him since 5th rounders rarely make it anyway.

Homegrown
04-03-2017, 02:36 PM
For sure Bills will draft him .... they're drawn to injury-prone players like flies to **** ... especially in the early rounds:ie:- Shaq Lawson- Reggie Ragland- Sammy Watkins- Kiko Alonzo- M Goodwin- Aaron Williams- CJ Spiller- Eric Wood- etc...

Goobylal
04-03-2017, 02:46 PM
For sure Bills will draft him .... they're drawn to injury-prone players like flies to **** ... especially in the early rounds:ie:- Shaq Lawson- Reggie Ragland- Sammy Watkins- Kiko Alonzo- M Goodwin- Aaron Williams- CJ Spiller- Eric Wood- etc...

Yeah, because Watkins, Ragland, Wiiliams, and Woods were injury-prone in college.

Bill Cody
04-03-2017, 03:06 PM
we should have a pool on when he's picked

PrimeTime
04-03-2017, 04:38 PM
I hope he doesnt get drafted.. we can pick him up post draft.

YardRat
04-03-2017, 05:00 PM
we should have a pool on when he's picked

That's a good idea.

SpikedLemonade
04-03-2017, 06:18 PM
I have NO interest Chad Kelly.

Wally The Barber
04-03-2017, 07:17 PM
smokescreen

EDS
04-03-2017, 07:29 PM
I would not be surprised if Kelly goes undrafted.

Goobylal
04-03-2017, 07:42 PM
I would not be surprised if Kelly goes undrafted.

He may. Or he may get drafted. No one can predict the future. I say for a 5th rounder, take a shot. How many 5th rounders actually make an NFL team?

The Jokeman
04-03-2017, 08:38 PM

Prepared to be amazed, 5th Round at the earliest.

psubills62
04-03-2017, 08:57 PM
If he had a different last name, would anyone here really want him? There are just so many warning signs here.

stuckincincy
04-03-2017, 09:41 PM
I think the Bills will be able to take him with their first 5th rounder. I wouldn't wait any longer and that's a decent spot to take him since 5th rounders rarely make it anyway.

Sounds right. Ultimately, the NFL is show biz, and the name recognition may sell enough local extra seats to pay for more than his rookie contract.

Plus, they can get some PR mileage about trying to resurrect his lost soul, with Uncle Jim leading the charge.

TigerJ
04-03-2017, 09:42 PM
I think he probably attempted throwing too soon after he was medically cleared to work out. Even though he was presumably healed, perhaps he hasn't had to get sufficiently conditioned to avoid injury. He does plan on working out again before the draft (April 22). If teams are interested enough, scouts will be there.

Skooby
04-04-2017, 03:48 AM
Who ?

YardRat
04-04-2017, 07:09 AM
If he had a different last name, would anyone here really want him? There are just so many warning signs here.

Yes. I think he is the best QB prospect in this draft, regardless of his name and lineage.

TacklingDummy
04-04-2017, 07:13 AM
5 round picks are usually garbage anyways, might as well draft him and hope for gold.

04-04-2017, 08:02 AM

Not a snowballs chance, he is broken every rule along the way including the one that says you need to stay healthy.

tomz
04-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Yes. I think he is the best QB prospect in this draft, regardless of his name and lineage.
I live in SEC country and saw a number of his games. He absolutely is an impressive talent IMHO. He definitely is a gunslinger--opposite of Trent or Tyrod. Throws into coverage and trusts his receivers to get it. Nice deep middle ball. Instinctive and very tough. He's a little uneven at this point but if he can pull it together and commit to learning, he can be good. And by the way, we keep forgetting that early 20 something males are not usually at peak maturity.

04-04-2017, 08:31 AM
I live in SEC country and saw a number of his games. He absolutely is an impressive talent IMHO. He definitely is a gunslinger--opposite of Trent or Tyrod. Throws into coverage and trusts his receivers to get it. Nice deep middle ball. Instinctive and very tough. He's a little uneven at this point but if he can pull it together and commit to learning, he can be good. And by the way, we keep forgetting that early 20 something males are not usually at peak maturity.

they don't brawl with High schoolers at the expense of an entire football game being canceled or angerly blurt out sprayin peeps with an AK47. If he was not white and have a famous uncle he would be behind bars doing time. total trash

Historian
04-04-2017, 08:43 AM
they don't brawl with High schoolers at the expense of an entire football game being canceled or angerly blurt out sprayin peeps with an AK47. If he was not white and have a famous uncle he would be behind bars doing time. total trash

Which means the Bills will probably take him at pick 44....

04-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Which means the Bills will probably take him at pick 44....

the old Bills...... probably.... New sheriff , not happening. Let some other team drink that poison and destroy the locker room before the preseason even starts.

Goobylal
04-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Sounds right. Ultimately, the NFL is show biz, and the name recognition may sell enough local extra seats to pay for more than his rookie contract.

Plus, they can get some PR mileage about trying to resurrect his lost soul, with Uncle Jim leading the charge.

Has nothing to do with selling tickets, unless he becomes a franchise quarterback which is all I care about.

He's got as much talent as any of the other quarterbacks coming out in this draft. If the Bills can get him in the fifth round it would be great. Hopefully it pans out but if it doesn't, little was gambled.

YardRat
04-04-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the AK47 comment was shot down (no pun intended) as false.

Mouldsie
04-04-2017, 07:26 PM

Funny story, I was at Encore the night he was arrested. He def took stupid drunken violent behavior to another level that night.

However I could justify a 5th+ on this player b/c of the position, ceiling, and small hope he stops being a thugish moron with perhaps the right support. If he has to get cut it's not a big loss with that kind of draft pick expenditure. Same reason I'd be okay with trading a 6th for Josh Gordon.

Goobylal
04-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Funny story, I was at Encore the night he was arrested. He def took stupid drunken violent behavior to another level that night.

However I could justify a 5th+ on this player b/c of the position, ceiling, and small hope he stops being a thugish moron with perhaps the right support. If he has to get cut it's not a big loss with that kind of draft pick expenditure. Same reason I'd be okay with trading a 6th for Josh Gordon.

Dak Prescott got nailed for DUI a couple weeks before the draft last year. I'd say that's worse behavior than getting drunk at a club.

Mouldsie
04-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Dak Prescott got nailed for DUI a couple weeks before the draft last year. I'd say that's worse behavior than getting drunk at a club.

He got into a fist fight for no reason then threatened to come back and shoot up the club/bouncers. Dak made a horrible mistake but was a high character person otherwise. Chad has a lot more to atone for.

Goobylal
04-04-2017, 09:55 PM
He got into a fist fight for no reason then threatened to come back and shoot up the club/bouncers. Dak made a horrible mistake but was a high character person otherwise. Chad has a lot more to atone for.

I assume you haven't seen the "incriminating" video. Neither did I until just now. I suggest you watch it, see if you can tell if he was even drunk, who started the fight, and whether there was actually any threat made. Watching it reminded me of the video of Shady last summer, the brouhaha over it, and how it eventually ended up being nothing bad. As opposed to actually being drunk, getting behind the wheel of several tons of metal, and driving. Much less a couple weeks before the most important event of his life.

SpikedLemonade
04-05-2017, 04:45 AM
Chad is just another drunk like his uncle was.

04-05-2017, 07:50 AM

I am pretty sure the perception is reality and it's out there and not a flattering story. When a thug has celebrity status at least 50% of the thug related activity gets squashed through payoffs, promises and bribes. Hence the parts that actually make the open press is at most.... half of what the trouble that he has had with the law. did you know that going to the combine required a "Full" back round check? Also according to several media sources Kelly was arrested and charged with non-criminal disorderly conduct (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/12124527/qb-chad-kelly-agrees-plea-deal-following-nightclub-fight) following a bar fight in Buffalo, New York. Kelly exchanged punches with two bouncers at a nightclub, and he said he was “going to go to my car and get my AK-47 and spray this place,” according to the police report.

Kelly pleaded guilty to the charge, and he was sentenced to 50 hours of community service.

04-05-2017, 07:52 AM

did he threaten the cops with an ak47?

04-05-2017, 07:54 AM
I assume you haven't seen the "incriminating" video. Neither did I until just now. I suggest you watch it, see if you can tell if he was even drunk, who started the fight, and whether there was actually any threat made. Watching it reminded me of the video of Shady last summer, the brouhaha over it, and how it eventually ended up being nothing bad. As opposed to actually being drunk, getting behind the wheel of several tons of metal, and driving. Much less a couple weeks before the most important event of his life.
Nice try, but nobody's buying that spin

k-oneputt
04-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Big deal. A college kid got into a bar fight.
I highly doubt the AK47 statement was serious.

Goobylal
04-05-2017, 08:34 AM
did he threaten the cops with an ak47?

I don't know. Did Shady cut an officer with a champagne bottle?

BOBM253
04-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Bills will probably trade up and pick him at #1

04-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Big deal. A college kid got into a bar fight.
I highly doubt the AK47 statement was serious.

With logic like that either is cancer. If he was black they would have thrown the book at him if not bullets.

k-oneputt
04-05-2017, 10:27 AM
With logic like that either is cancer. If he was black they would have thrown the book at him if not bullets.

Great analogy, bar fight = cancer.
And what does black/white have to do with it ?

Now run along and go play in the street.

- - - Updated - - -

WagonCircler
04-05-2017, 11:37 AM

Exactly, just like they did with LeSean McCoy!

Oh...wait....

Ok, well, just like they sent Ray Rice to prison... um....

OJ! Look what they did to OJ when he chopped two people's heads off! They sent him to prison just because he was....

Hmm.

I'll get back to you.

04-05-2017, 11:38 AM

- - - Updated - - -

work on your word twisting and spinning skills in front of the mirror for a while and try again in a few months. you should have stopped with great analogy since your the one that introduced that word to the thread.

04-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Exactly, just like they did with LeSean McCoy!

Oh...wait....

Ok, well, just like they sent Ray Rice to prison... um....

OJ! Look what they did to OJ when he chopped two people's heads off! They sent him to prison just because he was....

Hmm.

I'll get back to you.

Mcoy was of age, not drinking and turned himself in for questioning and never charged with anything or started shooting his trap off about returning to the scene to kill peeps. Kelly was charged, pleaded guilty and sentenced. where is the parallel?

Forward_Lateral
04-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Why was he barred from the combine?

DraftBoy
04-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Why was he barred from the combine?

Character concerns.

New requirements they put in place this year, there was a couple of other prospects banned.

Forward_Lateral
04-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Character concerns.

New requirements they put in place this year, there was a couple of other prospects banned.

What a crock.

Goddell needs to be overthrown

YardRat
04-06-2017, 06:00 PM
I am pretty sure the perception is reality and it's out there and not a flattering story. When a thug has celebrity status at least 50% of the thug related activity gets squashed through payoffs, promises and bribes. Hence the parts that actually make the open press is at most.... half of what the trouble that he has had with the law. did you know that going to the combine required a "Full" back round check? Also according to several media sources Kelly was arrested and charged with non-criminal disorderly conduct (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/12124527/qb-chad-kelly-agrees-plea-deal-following-nightclub-fight) following a bar fight in Buffalo, New York. Kelly exchanged punches with two bouncers at a nightclub, and he said he was “going to go to my car and get my AK-47 and spray this place,” according to the police report.

Kelly pleaded guilty to the charge, and he was sentenced to 50 hours of community service.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/12124527/qb-chad-kelly-agrees-plea-deal-following-nightclub-fight

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Mississippi (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/145/ole-miss-rebels) quarterback signee Chad Kelly pleaded guilty Monday to a non-criminal charge of disorderly conduct and agreed to 50 hours of community service...

According to the police report, Kelly traded punches with two bouncers before telling them, "I'm going to go to my car and get my AK47 and spray this place."

Eoannou said video contradicted the account and did not include the weapons comment, which he said was told to officers secondhand.

SpikedLemonade
04-06-2017, 06:13 PM
STAY CLEAR OF THIS GUY

swiper
04-06-2017, 06:31 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/12124527/qb-chad-kelly-agrees-plea-deal-following-nightclub-fight

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Mississippi (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/145/ole-miss-rebels) quarterback signee Chad Kelly pleaded guilty Monday to a non-criminal charge of disorderly conduct and agreed to 50 hours of community service...

According to the police report, Kelly traded punches with two bouncers before telling them, "I'm going to go to my car and get my AK47 and spray this place."

Eoannou said video contradicted the account and did not include the weapons comment, which he said was told to officers secondhand.

Yee ikes.