X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

The progression of this board

I started this posting in this forum when I was 14-15, named 83 Evans. Since then I went through a couple user names and have been cali512 for a while. I have to say some of my opinions in the last 10 years have changed. Op was in my mind the most depressing individual on this board, but lately he has become a very optimistic personality here. I remember how delusional Djimkelly (the losman guy) was. But lately everyone has switched. Thurmal and forward lateral used to be my salvation and now are the new Op while other have shown true colors (spikey). With a team who is nearly 20 yrs without a playoff team, it's really interesting to sit here and watch this board grow as I have in 10 yyrs (14-23 is a huge growing period). I really love this board because of how real people are and how they've kept me in check during my stupidest posts and i feel more of a family here then on any other board I've ever been a part of. We have our crazy uncles, wise grandpas, and our stupid "Childs friends" but yet we all come here because we love our team. I've never been one of the main guys here, but I've been able to observe in the middle pack, and I really love what this board is.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: The progression of this board

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
    I started this posting in this forum when I was 14-15, named 83 Evans. Since then I went through a couple user names and have been cali512 for a while. I have to say some of my opinions in the last 10 years have changed. Op was in my mind the most depressing individual on this board, but lately he has become a very optimistic personality here. I remember how delusional Djimkelly (the losman guy) was. But lately everyone has switched. Thurmal and forward lateral used to be my salvation and now are the new Op while other have shown true colors (spikey). With a team who is nearly 20 yrs without a playoff team, it's really interesting to sit here and watch this board grow as I have in 10 yyrs (14-23 is a huge growing period). I really love this board because of how real people are and how they've kept me in check during my stupidest posts and i feel more of a family here then on any other board I've ever been a part of. We have our crazy uncles, wise grandpas, and our stupid "Childs friends" but yet we all come here because we love our team. I've never been one of the main guys here, but I've been able to observe in the middle pack, and I really love what this board is.
    I have been a member of this forum for a long time. All forums/message boards evolve/devolve/progress/regress, IMO this board has regressed. It used to feel more like family, there was more comaraderie, the old regulars were nicer. There are some real "winners" here now that spew a lot of hate, racism, sexism, and vitriol and don't seem to receive one iota of attention from the Moderators. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
      I have been a member of this forum for a long time. All forums/message boards evolve/devolve/progress/regress, IMO this board has regressed. It used to feel more like family, there was more comaraderie, the old regulars were nicer. There are some real "winners" here now that spew a lot of hate, racism, sexism, and vitriol and don't seem to receive one iota of attention from the Moderators. Just my opinion.
      That's where the racist uncle and douchey kid falls in place

Spikey and Billsimpossible are the racist/sexist uncle

JoeFoShoe is like the ******* kid

It's still a family
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Wally The Barber
        • Jul 2007

Bunch of whining kids here....Mom and Dad buy the tickets, they show up late then leave the stadium 30 minutes early to beat the traffic.

Must be nice to throw away hard earned money.

Signed THE RACIST UNCLE
        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
          JoeFoShoe is like the ******* kid
          I'll take it, but at least spell it right.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Hey, we are all fools.

We follow the Bills.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              Hey, we are all fools.

We follow the Bills.
              I often wonder how different we'd all be in posting had the Bills made a run or two over the last 18 years.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                Speaking from the moderator side of things... Quite a bit goes on behind the scenes. Let's just say, we're all supposed to be adults... Enough rope is given to allow members opportunity to grow into their big boy pants.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                  Speaking from the moderator side of things... Quite a bit goes on behind the scenes. Let's just say, we're all supposed to be adults... Enough rope is given to allow members opportunity to grow into their big boy pants.
                  There are no adults here.....I checked

Keep your hands off my big boy pants. Your going to miss when I am gone....
                  Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Luisito23
                    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                    • Apr 2003

This board is pretty cool, it's the first place I check whenever I go online and it's the last place I visit whenever I go offline...Been here for more than a decade and I plan to be here for a lot longer (God willing)...
                    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

I didn't say anything about depends Wally.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                        I didn't say anything about depends Wally.
                        Lucky for you
                        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                          • Nov 2007

never heard of this site until 2007. I used to post on the bills fans page on espn but heard about this place through them and heard it was the best posting place. i've seen many of us change in grow in this time. I do think that overall the place has gone downhill over the last 10 years, but I don't blame anyone on this board. This team has sucked the life out of us in that time and almost all hope has left most of the posters which explains the shift over the last 10 years.

none of you actually know me but I'm proud to say i just found out my wife is pregnant with our first just two days ago!
                          I came.
                          I saw.
                          I conquered.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                            never heard of this site until 2007. I used to post on the bills fans page on espn but heard about this place through them and heard it was the best posting place. i've seen many of us change in grow in this time. I do think that overall the place has gone downhill over the last 10 years, but I don't blame anyone on this board. This team has sucked the life out of us in that time and almost all hope has left most of the posters which explains the shift over the last 10 years.

none of you actually know me but I'm proud to say i just found out my wife is pregnant with our first just two days ago!
                            Congrats!

Comment

• Thurmal
                              • Oct 2005

Thanks for the shoutout, bro; I will try (and need) to be more positive in the future! All I ask from the Bills in return is to give me the opportunity to watch them in a wild card game sometime in the next year or two. And if they lose that game, so be it, but not on a Hail Mary or any other type of Bills bull****. If that happens, the deal's off and it's doom and gloom again.
                              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

Working...
                              X