PDA

View Full Version : The progression of this board

Cali512
04-05-2017, 02:56 PM
I started this posting in this forum when I was 14-15, named 83 Evans. Since then I went through a couple user names and have been cali512 for a while. I have to say some of my opinions in the last 10 years have changed. Op was in my mind the most depressing individual on this board, but lately he has become a very optimistic personality here. I remember how delusional Djimkelly (the losman guy) was. But lately everyone has switched. Thurmal and forward lateral used to be my salvation and now are the new Op while other have shown true colors (spikey). With a team who is nearly 20 yrs without a playoff team, it's really interesting to sit here and watch this board grow as I have in 10 yyrs (14-23 is a huge growing period). I really love this board because of how real people are and how they've kept me in check during my stupidest posts and i feel more of a family here then on any other board I've ever been a part of. We have our crazy uncles, wise grandpas, and our stupid "Childs friends" but yet we all come here because we love our team. I've never been one of the main guys here, but I've been able to observe in the middle pack, and I really love what this board is.

HAMMER
04-05-2017, 03:11 PM
I started this posting in this forum when I was 14-15, named 83 Evans. Since then I went through a couple user names and have been cali512 for a while. I have to say some of my opinions in the last 10 years have changed. Op was in my mind the most depressing individual on this board, but lately he has become a very optimistic personality here. I remember how delusional Djimkelly (the losman guy) was. But lately everyone has switched. Thurmal and forward lateral used to be my salvation and now are the new Op while other have shown true colors (spikey). With a team who is nearly 20 yrs without a playoff team, it's really interesting to sit here and watch this board grow as I have in 10 yyrs (14-23 is a huge growing period). I really love this board because of how real people are and how they've kept me in check during my stupidest posts and i feel more of a family here then on any other board I've ever been a part of. We have our crazy uncles, wise grandpas, and our stupid "Childs friends" but yet we all come here because we love our team. I've never been one of the main guys here, but I've been able to observe in the middle pack, and I really love what this board is.

I have been a member of this forum for a long time. All forums/message boards evolve/devolve/progress/regress, IMO this board has regressed. It used to feel more like family, there was more comaraderie, the old regulars were nicer. There are some real "winners" here now that spew a lot of hate, racism, sexism, and vitriol and don't seem to receive one iota of attention from the Moderators. Just my opinion.

Cali512
04-05-2017, 03:23 PM
I have been a member of this forum for a long time. All forums/message boards evolve/devolve/progress/regress, IMO this board has regressed. It used to feel more like family, there was more comaraderie, the old regulars were nicer. There are some real "winners" here now that spew a lot of hate, racism, sexism, and vitriol and don't seem to receive one iota of attention from the Moderators. Just my opinion.

That's where the racist uncle and douchey kid falls in place

Spikey and Billsimpossible are the racist/sexist uncle

JoeFoShoe is like the ******* kid

It's still a family

Wally The Barber
04-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Bunch of whining kids here....Mom and Dad buy the tickets, they show up late then leave the stadium 30 minutes early to beat the traffic.

Must be nice to throw away hard earned money.

Signed THE RACIST UNCLE

Joe Fo Sho
04-05-2017, 03:39 PM
JoeFoShoe is like the ******* kid

I'll take it, but at least spell it right.

Night Train
04-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Hey, we are all fools.

We follow the Bills.

swiper
04-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Hey, we are all fools.

We follow the Bills.

I often wonder how different we'd all be in posting had the Bills made a run or two over the last 18 years.

Yasgur's Farm
04-05-2017, 05:47 PM
I have been a member of this forum for a long time. All forums/message boards evolve/devolve/progress/regress, IMO this board has regressed. It used to feel more like family, there was more comaraderie, the old regulars were nicer. There are some real "winners" here now that spew a lot of hate, racism, sexism, and vitriol and don't seem to receive one iota of attention from the Moderators. Just my opinion.Speaking from the moderator side of things... Quite a bit goes on behind the scenes. Let's just say, we're all supposed to be adults... Enough rope is given to allow members opportunity to grow into their big boy pants.

Wally The Barber
04-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Speaking from the moderator side of things... Quite a bit goes on behind the scenes. Let's just say, we're all supposed to be adults... Enough rope is given to allow members opportunity to grow into their big boy pants.

There are no adults here.....I checked

Keep your hands off my big boy pants. Your going to miss when I am gone....

Luisito23
04-05-2017, 06:00 PM
This board is pretty cool, it's the first place I check whenever I go online and it's the last place I visit whenever I go offline...Been here for more than a decade and I plan to be here for a lot longer (God willing)...

Yasgur's Farm
04-05-2017, 06:03 PM
I didn't say anything about depends Wally.

Wally The Barber
04-05-2017, 06:09 PM
I didn't say anything about depends Wally.

Lucky for you

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-05-2017, 06:12 PM
never heard of this site until 2007. I used to post on the bills fans page on espn but heard about this place through them and heard it was the best posting place. i've seen many of us change in grow in this time. I do think that overall the place has gone downhill over the last 10 years, but I don't blame anyone on this board. This team has sucked the life out of us in that time and almost all hope has left most of the posters which explains the shift over the last 10 years.

none of you actually know me but I'm proud to say i just found out my wife is pregnant with our first just two days ago!

SpikedLemonade
04-05-2017, 06:13 PM
never heard of this site until 2007. I used to post on the bills fans page on espn but heard about this place through them and heard it was the best posting place. i've seen many of us change in grow in this time. I do think that overall the place has gone downhill over the last 10 years, but I don't blame anyone on this board. This team has sucked the life out of us in that time and almost all hope has left most of the posters which explains the shift over the last 10 years.

none of you actually know me but I'm proud to say i just found out my wife is pregnant with our first just two days ago!

Congrats!

Thurmal
04-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the shoutout, bro; I will try (and need) to be more positive in the future! All I ask from the Bills in return is to give me the opportunity to watch them in a wild card game sometime in the next year or two. And if they lose that game, so be it, but not on a Hail Mary or any other type of Bills bull****. If that happens, the deal's off and it's doom and gloom again.

swiper
04-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Congratulations kscdog.

PrimeTime
04-06-2017, 12:41 AM
Bunch of whining kids here....Mom and Dad buy the tickets, they show up late then leave the stadium 30 minutes early to beat the traffic.
Must be nice to throw away hard earned money.
Signed THE RACIST UNCLE
Must add the 70 year old Adolescents like yourself to this list to.

SpikedLemonade
04-06-2017, 04:35 AM
What I find truly hilarious is posters who recently become truly active here due to the MB they were active on becoming defunct complaining, whining and attempting to change the culture of their new home.

In the tradition of he who lives on a coast, I say BLOW ME.

swiper
04-06-2017, 04:51 AM
The edge of the Welland canal does not qualify as a coast.

SpikedLemonade
04-06-2017, 05:40 AM
The edge of the Welland canal does not qualify as a coast.

Clearwater, Florida does.

Welland, Ontario is a ghetto (like Grand Rapids, Michigan almost)

justasportsfan
04-06-2017, 08:52 AM

Having a crappy team can do that to the fans. I didnt care much for the bills under Rex . Tired bills fan

swiper
04-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Having a crappy team can do that to the fans. I didnt care much for the bills under Rex . Tired bills fan

And smart Bills fan. As are most posters here. Most could accurately foretell of the team's crappy performance under the fat, player-friendly tub of goo.

Others want to credit the owner for pulling the plug "early" on Ryan, which is ludicrous. He should have never been hired in the first place.

cookie G
04-06-2017, 09:13 AM
while other have shown true colors (spikey).

Spikey has no true colors, he can shift to the full electromagnetic spectrum.

infrared in the morning to full blown gamma rays at night. Its a bit chameleon-like, but unlike a chameleon changing colors to blend into its surrounding, Spike changes colors to...clash.

Much of it has to do with the mood of his sheep and whether he's recently cooked a bad batch of Haggis.

Cali512
04-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Last night at 8:09 my first baby was born!!! She was a premie weighing only 5.5.

Her name is Kai Lynn Martin-Caballero

She's freaking adorable!!!

cookie G
04-06-2017, 09:18 AM
Last night at 8:09 my first baby was born!!! She was a premie weighing only 5.5.

Awww very happy for you...your life just changed...big time.

Cali512
04-06-2017, 09:18 AM
Spikey has no true colors, he can shift to the full electromagnetic spectrum.

infrared in the morning to full blown gamma rays at night. Its a bit chameleon-like, but unlike a chameleon changing colors to blend into its surrounding, Spike changes colors to...clash.

Much of it has to do with the mood of his sheep and whether he's recently cooked a bad batch of Haggis.

Him and Spikey were seemingly a lot nicer when I first started here. Billimpossible always had that old crazy uncle personality, but I never saw spikey like that until recently. Maybe I didn't notice

I always like JFS, but lately he's been controversial and argumentative

SpikedLemonade
04-06-2017, 09:19 AM

That should keep you busy!

Congrats!

Cali512
04-06-2017, 09:26 AM

It was hard for me to root for us under Rex. Like I did but I knew if we did good, he did good. Rex has always been an attention whore who cared more about himself than anyone else. He wanted to be bigger than the team, and used the excuse, oh if the attention is on me then our players dont need to worry about negative attention. That was absolutely bs and just an excuse to allow him to do whatever he wants. It's the same thing as trump making all these tweets praising himself, yes it does partially distract uneducated people, but he's done it his whole life because he has an attention disorder.

Cali512
04-06-2017, 09:32 AM
That should keep you busy!

Congrats!

You have a gift of always saying something nice to me right after I say somethin bad about you, which then makes me feel bad lol

Joe Fo Sho
04-06-2017, 10:16 AM

Only because I dislike Tyrod so much and don't understand why anyone would think that it's a probability that he'd improve. Homers just have a way of getting to me, probably because I used to be one.

Congrats on the little one.

Arm of Harm
04-06-2017, 01:06 PM
If you're promoting a social justice warrior agenda, I'm not interested. If on the other hand you're concerned that personal attacks are being made, and not being punished, then that's a different kettle of fish.

Skooby
04-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Ship of fools.

MidnightVoice
04-06-2017, 03:30 PM
It used to feel more like family,. ... albeit a dysfunctional one :D

Jan Reimers
04-06-2017, 04:48 PM
I think most of the incurable optimists on here have been cured over the past 17 years of failure and frustration. I know I have a much more guarded outlook now vs. when I started 14 or so years ago.

YardRat
04-06-2017, 04:50 PM

Congrats Cali :beers:

Forward_Lateral
04-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Him and Spikey were seemingly a lot nicer when I first started here. Billimpossible always had that old crazy uncle personality, but I never saw spikey like that until recently. Maybe I didn't notice

Congrats,

Don't let your kid become a Bills fan

Signed,

Bills fans

Forward_Lateral
04-06-2017, 05:51 PM
This board has changed a lot since I first started posting here. The Twilight Zone used to be awesome, with many, many many great posters like Jfreeman, S11, LaPlaya, Devin, Dozer, MyBills, etc, etc.

Most of them have since disappeared, and there's only a handful of new posts every day. The evolution of social media is mostly to blame, I believe.

As for me being your salvation. Sorry that that changed. I used to think this team had a chance to win and a chance to reward the fans for staying Bills fans. I don't think that anymore. I don't expect or even really hope for playoffs, because it seems like it will never happen.

Yes Terry bought the team, and saved them from some other big wig swooping in and moving them to LA, but he has zero clue how to run sports' franchises. He relies on Russ Brandon, the human hype machine.

Anyways, sorry if I come across as bitter, it's only because I am.

SpikedLemonade
04-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Spikey has no true colors, he can shift to the full electromagnetic spectrum....

I could not resist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPn0KFlbqX8

Wally The Barber
04-06-2017, 06:40 PM
This is a great board...I only hate about 3500 people

kishoph
04-07-2017, 07:21 AM

Congratulations ! I like her name. :posrep:
For me being a Father (and Grandfather) is the best thing that ever happened to me. Enjoy it to the fullest "Dad".

Wally The Barber
04-07-2017, 07:43 AM
big deal, some guy ganged up his wife

More of my tax dollars spent to put another kid through school

SpikedLemonade
04-07-2017, 11:38 AM

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

Saratoga Slim
04-07-2017, 01:05 PM
I often wonder how different we'd all be in posting had the Bills made a run or two over the last 18 years.

Good point. This is essentially group therapy.

JoeMama
04-07-2017, 02:18 PM
I joined in 2002 for the sole purpose of arguing with wyswings and lordofgun.

Then, inexplicably, I stuck around another 15 years.

Cali512
04-07-2017, 02:38 PM

Good thing they do, god knows we don't want another Wally ;)

jamze132
04-07-2017, 02:47 PM
I think most of the incurable optimists on here have been cured over the past 17 years of failure and frustration. I know I have a much more guarded outlook now vs. when I started 14 or so years ago.

Yup. I doubt I'll renew the Sunday Ticket this season. The last couple of seasons have made for a pretty miserable experience every Sunday and it's not fair to my family. I'll probably take this season off and work Sunday's, especially considering our brutal schedule.

stuckincincy
04-07-2017, 10:21 PM

My 2 cents:

- We are as a society becoming more and more ungovernable..."It's ALL about ME."

- Put-downs and innuendo are becoming the new norm (everybody should watch the 2002 movie Idiocracy).

- The short time provided to compose and edit a message before you are locked out from doing that tends to make one getting forced into publishing things rashly. This is a big thing, in my view. It favors the quick-typing firebrand over the contemplative folks who take time to enter considered comments.

- The recent allowing of a higher threshold of cursing was an error. Cursing at others here has the same effect as in general society. It colors frank discussion.

- It's true...the moderation here does not halt personal attacks, in general. Calling someone a c**k*****r or a filthy c*** has no repercussions. In fact, it gets "thanks."