PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn looks to play for the Raiders

Skooby
04-05-2017, 03:02 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19085348/marshawn-lynch-visits-oakland-raiders-get-deal

OpIv37
04-05-2017, 03:12 PM
Usually this is the "I spent all my money and need some more" comeback but Lynch is known for pinching pennies and saved practically everything he earned, so it's not that.

Cali512
04-05-2017, 03:16 PM
In marshawns first seasons (with the bills) I argued of he was better than AP. Everyone laughed at me but did say that Peterson is injury prone and career will be shorter. It's kind of funny because we were both right in a way. Right now Ap is in danger of never getting a job again, and Lynch is coming out of retirement to a superbowl contender. The thing I find funny is since Lynch was on the bills, and Peterson was on one of the best run blocking teams in the NFL, people valued Peterson light years ahead of Lynch, but I think after all these years, it's proven that the gap is much shorter than the AP fans argued, but they were also right when it came to the longevity of the players

Cali512
04-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Usually this is the "I spent all my money and need some more" comeback but Lynch is known for pinching pennies and saved practically everything he earned, so it's not that.

Lynch has always been all heart. Even his style is all heart, so I can never imagine him playing just for money

I remember on the madden tournament. A gamer wore a Edgerin James uni. When they got to visit their house, James was in a double wide with his family. I imagine Lynch being like that

Joe Fo Sho
04-05-2017, 03:43 PM
In marshawns first seasons (with the bills) I argued of he was better than AP.

This is probably the only thing we have in common, besides our fandom.

I didn't necessarily think that Lynch was overall better than AP, but my argument was that Lynch on the Bills would do better than AP on the Bills.

Historian
04-06-2017, 06:49 AM
They're trying to sell tickets to a disgruntled fan base.

First step.

Hire a local hero.

Skooby
04-06-2017, 07:01 AM
They're trying to sell tickets to a disgruntled fan base.

First step.

Hire a local hero.
Good point. Get your skittles ready.

Forward_Lateral
04-06-2017, 05:40 PM
I can't believe someone is comparing Lynch to one of the greatest RBs to ever put on cleats.

Yes Lynch was very good.

No, he can't hold AP's jock.

Cali512
04-06-2017, 11:29 PM
I can't believe someone is comparing Lynch to one of the greatest RBs to ever put on cleats.

Yes Lynch was very good.

No, he can't hold AP's jock.

It's going to go down the same was Gurley vs Elliot is viewed. History will see Elliot as the better RB if things stay the way they are. But Elliot has the best OL (just as AP did), and Gurley is the power back dealing with a horrible OL

It's actually scary how identical the situations are when you think about it

I think the argument is how different both teams would be with each other. I can argue that Lynch or Gurley would be just as good as Peterson or Elliot if they switched teams. Meanwhile I'm not sure if AP would of been as incredible if he played behind a horrible OL

Skooby
04-07-2017, 01:50 AM
AP gets hurt because of his rough running style, it's not conducive to a long-term career.