PDA

View Full Version : Huge Bills Free Agent Signing

TigerJ
04-07-2017, 02:16 PM
The Bills have signed Jake Metz, a 2014 graduate of mighty Shippensberg College. He's a defensive end who has been playing arena football recently. Most recently he was with the Chinese Arena Football league where his team won the coveted China Bowl (for real). Not that big a signing, you say? I beg to differ. He's 6'6" and 265 lbs. That's a pretty big defensive end. It's being reported by several internet outlets. Here's a link to the article at: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/4/7/15223226/buffalo-bills-jake-metz-2016-afl-defensive-player-of-the-year

Dr. Lecter
04-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Tom Brady just announced his retirement!!!!!!!

JoeMama
04-07-2017, 02:43 PM
The Bills have signed Jake Metz, a 2014 graduate of mighty Shippensberg College. He's a defensive end who has been playing arena football recently. Most recently he was with the Chinese Arena Football league where his team won the coveted China Bowl (for real). Not that big a signing, you say? I beg to differ. He's 6'6" and 265 lbs. That's a pretty big defensive end. It's being reported by several internet outlets. Here's a link to the article at: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/4/7/15223226/buffalo-bills-jake-metz-2016-afl-defensive-player-of-the-year

Love the school name.

Sounds totally fictional like Danny Noonan's pitch to attend St. Copious of Northern Nebraska.

Or Kirk Van Houten's alma mater, Gudger College.

DraftBoy
04-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Love the school name.

Sounds totally fictional like Danny Noonan's pitch to attend St. Copious of Northern Nebraska.

Or Kirk Van Houten's alma mater, Gudger College.

It's actually a pretty good DII school out of the PSAC conference. Made it to the National Semis in 2012 I believe.

justasportsfan
04-07-2017, 02:46 PM
High Motor white guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-tu1BSdaQ

TigerJ
04-07-2017, 03:02 PM
High Motor white guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-tu1BSdaQThe second coming of Phil Hanson?

jamze132
04-07-2017, 03:11 PM
The second coming of Phil Hanson?

Aim higher! Schobel.

Mouldsie
04-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Aim higher! Schobel.
Schobel was high motor?

Dr. Lecter
04-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Schobel was high motor?
All white (non QB and OL) NFL players are.

You are so stupid sometimes.

jamze132
04-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Schobel was high motor?

One of the highest...and whitest.

Mouldsie
04-07-2017, 04:19 PM
That guy was so lazy on any play that wasn't him rushing the passer... and as a pass rusher his elite quickness/COD skills were his best asset

Ingtar33
04-07-2017, 04:31 PM
That guy was so lazy on any play that wasn't him rushing the passer... and as a pass rusher his elite quickness/COD skills were his best asset

you've been here 5 years and you don't get what High Motor means?

High Motor is draftnik speak for "White and Slow" if they mix in "good technique" they mean "white, hard working and slow and smart". They'll never call a black man "high motor". black football players get tagged with "Athletic and inconsistent" meaning "fast and lazy" or Freak "meaning physically gifted but not smart". Think I'm kidding? Read JJWatt's college scouting report. They read something to the effect of "High motor" "nonathletic" "slow". Basically a scouts saw a white defensive end and saw he was productive so they called him "High motor" but then turned around and disparaged his physical tools. Search for a black defensive lineman with the "high motor" tag. Doesn't exist.

It's an institutional racism built into how athletes are perceived, coloring their objective analysis. High motor used to be a compliment meaning "hard working" or "plays to the whistle", but when you notice who gets the tag and what is said about athletes with it, you realize it's not really a compliment, in fact it seems sorta racist. just like how highly athletic black athletes get stuck with "inconsistent" or "freak". It's a code speak, which I don't think anyone really thinks about.

Mouldsie
04-07-2017, 05:43 PM
you've been here 5 years and you don't get what High Motor means?

High Motor is draftnik speak for "White and Slow" if they mix in "good technique" they mean "white, hard working and slow and smart". They'll never call a black man "high motor". black football players get tagged with "Athletic and inconsistent" meaning "fast and lazy" or Freak "meaning physically gifted but not smart". Think I'm kidding? Read JJWatt's college scouting report. They read something to the effect of "High motor" "nonathletic" "slow". Basically a scouts saw a white defensive end and saw he was productive so they called him "High motor" but then turned around and disparaged his physical tools. Search for a black defensive lineman with the "high motor" tag. Doesn't exist.

It's an institutional racism built into how athletes are perceived, coloring their objective analysis. High motor used to be a compliment meaning "hard working" or "plays to the whistle", but when you notice who gets the tag and what is said about athletes with it, you realize it's not really a compliment, in fact it seems sorta racist. just like how highly athletic black athletes get stuck with "inconsistent" or "freak". It's a code speak, which I don't think anyone really thinks about.

Oh I know, that's why I asked a sarcastic question.

Exactly right it's racism all around and I hate it.

The JJ Watt thing is a GREAT example b/c he's still known that way by some but he's actually mathematically one of the 5 most athletic players to ever be tested in recent history (a list that also includes Calvin Johnson, Evan Mathis, Byron Jones, and that white kid from UB whose name escapes me but played DT and was moved to C in Seattle)

Generalissimus Gibby
04-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Dang it, sign Askew yesterday!!!!

swiper
04-08-2017, 12:48 PM
He signed with the Raiders.