PDA

View Full Version : Lets see what you got, some main reasons why the Bills fail

Wally The Barber
04-09-2017, 02:16 PM
We could talk about this for weeks but I seriously doubt anyone will agree on anything....damn kids.

#1 Are the Bills looking to challenge for the Division Title OR just be happy shooting for a crummy ol playoff spot? Shoot low and you will fail.....My feet are full or bullet holes with this team.

#2 When a team fires coaches every two years,would you really listen to a new head coach OR blow him off then wait for free agency? Does Buffalo have trouble attracting Playoff quality coaches....Why?

#3 Who is to blame for not having a Franchise QB over the last few Years, The Owners, President, GM or the head coach that excepted the stupid job in the first place? Why do we continue to stumble with quarterbacks? Has to be a reason?

#4 Why so many injuries, how do other teams survive? Who are our backups, Do we plan for injuries OR hope to get lucky, then make excuses later ? OR....or maybe a high quality QB can over come team injuries and pull out victories anyway. Do the Patriots lose games because some ******* was smoking weed or pulled a groin?

#5 If the fans keep buying tickets, why change anything? It is after all just a business,right?

#6 When a team is almost completely CAPPED OUT this should mean your team is loaded with Talent, Why is this team considered a dark horse just to be in the running for a possible playoff spot? Did the Bills spend the money wisely? Are we building this team to compete for the Superbowl OR a crummuy ol playoff spot?

#7 Would you be happy with a playoff spot? Maybe the fans are the problem?? (Check feet for bullet holes)

Lets see what you got.......we can always blame the schedule. Worked great the last 17 years. I hate those schedule makers they always SCREW Buffalo.

That is all, have a wonderful weekend.

Why don't you go guys go clean the basement,something died down there....

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-09-2017, 03:20 PM
two words

Russ Brandon

Wally The Barber
04-09-2017, 03:29 PM
When you change head coaches too often,lose to many players to free agency it creates to many needs on draft day

To many coaches gambled that the present QB could be the answer, passes on Quarterbacks in the draft, lost big time then were fired.

If this holds true on draft day again this year the Bills will attempt another gamble with Tyrod and probably lose.

Redundancy......

YardRat
04-09-2017, 03:49 PM
1. 1492.
2. The Battle of Hastings.
3. Montpelier.
4. Aquarius.
5. The French Connection.
6. Tao Te Ching.
7. 42. Of course.

I really do need to clean my basement, though.

SpikedLemonade
04-09-2017, 04:11 PM
I believe the main reason the Bills fail is because Wally is not a Moderator on this board.

See what I did there?

Wally The Barber
04-09-2017, 04:43 PM
I believe the main reason the Bills fail is because Wally is not a Moderator on this board.

See what I did there?

This was a great point

swiper
04-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Wally the Barber

Wally The Barber
04-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Wally the Barber

See, I get blamed for everything around here.....

LarryBoy
04-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Because when Tom Brady sold his soul to Satan he put in a clause that the Bills shall suckith from then till the Four Horsemen ride...

YardRat
04-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Is 'Horsemen' a metaphor for 'fullback'? If so, we're going in the right direction.

stuckincincy
04-09-2017, 09:33 PM
1. 1492.
2. The Battle of Hastings.
3. Montpelier.
4. Aquarius.
5. The French Connection.
6. Tao Te Ching.
7. 42. Of course.

I really do need to clean my basement, though.

8. Fried bologna axed from the concession stand menu.

OpIv37
04-09-2017, 11:08 PM
I could go all day on this one but...

1. Meddling by non-football people at the top, particularly Pegula and Brandon.

2. Lack of accountability. Brandon, Overdorf and a handful of others are the only consistent factors in a decade of fail. But they get promoted rather than fired or even disciplined.

3. Bad drafting, particularly lack of ability to find a QB. Even some guys who don't suck were overdrafted, particularly Watkins. He has talent but is not nearly worth what we paid for him Every team deals with these situations but it is so commonplace for us.

4. Lack of stability. I lost count but I think we are on the 4th defensive system in 6 years. Players can't get comfortable.

Mouldsie
04-09-2017, 11:23 PM
I could go all day on this one but...

1. Meddling by non-football people at the top, particularly Pegula and Brandon.

2. Lack of accountability. Brandon, Overdorf and a handful of others are the only consistent factors in a decade of fail. But they get promoted rather than fired or even disciplined.

3. Bad drafting, particularly lack of ability to find a QB. Even some guys who don't suck were overdrafted, particularly Watkins. He has talent but is not nearly worth what we paid for him Every team deals with these situations but it is so commonplace for us.

4. Lack of stability. I lost count but I think we are on the 4th defensive system in 6 years. Players can't get comfortable.

I'll add a ****ty training and nutrition staff and dinosaur player evaluation mentality

Generalissimus Gibby
04-10-2017, 01:00 AM
1. Russ Brandon
2. Jim Overdorf
3. Doug Whaley
4. Strength and Conditioning Team

Skooby
04-10-2017, 02:24 AM
Extremely stupid owners retaining a huge group of loser management who's only goal was to sell a weekend drinking fest to a local group of alcoholics.

Wally The Barber
04-10-2017, 03:26 AM
Bottom line. The Bills are not building a team to compete for the Division Championship or Superbowl

We fire coaches because we blame THEM for missing the playoffs but the next guy always has all the answers but fails. Draft-Dump & Replace.

We have no real plan for anything.

YardRat
04-10-2017, 05:38 AM
This team's cycle is a lot longer than others, it takes 20-25 years of mediocrity or suckage before hitting the high end of the curve. Our time is due again pretty soon.

swiper
04-10-2017, 05:44 AM
1. Russ Brandon
2. Jim Overdorf
3. Doug Whaley
4. Strength and Conditioning Team

In other words... the owner

Skooby
04-10-2017, 06:52 AM
In other words... the owner
Bingo, simply cut to the chase.

feldspar
04-10-2017, 07:17 AM
Who says the Bills fail?

Wally The Barber
04-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Who says the Bills fail?

I love their uniforms, very nice

Historian
04-10-2017, 07:45 AM
Tom Donahoe pushed two people out the door during his tenure here, and the team hasn't been the same since.

Dwight Adams. He was the best pro personnel guy in the business, but TD didn't like him or the bureaucracy he represented, so he forced him into retirement.

Rusty Jones. TD brought in his own conditioning people, and the team has been injury plagued ever since. Jones was a registered dietician, who turned a 305 lb Bruce Smith into a 275 lb wrecking machine. He focused on diet and flexibility, which is why there were very few key injuries during our glory years.

Add to it, that the years we have been horrid, there really wasn't a top flight QB available, and if there was, we didn't take him because there were too many other holes to fill.

The Bills draft against conventional wisdom too. They took flyers on guys like Aaron Maybin, Donte Whitner, John McCargo, Roscoe Parrish with their 1st and 2nd picks....the list is endless.

And finally, THE SAME IDIOTS ARE RUNNING THE TEAM OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS.

Bad contracts.

Bad drafting.

Bad conditioning.

Bad football team.

Wally The Barber
04-10-2017, 07:59 AM
Tom Donahoe pushed two people out the door during his tenure here, and the team hasn't been the same since.

Dwight Adams. He was the best pro personnel guy in the business, but TD didn't like him or the bureaucracy he represented, so he forced him into retirement.

Rusty Jones. TD brought in his own conditioning people, and the team has been injury plagued ever since. Jones was a registered dietician, who turned a 305 lb Bruce Smith into a 275 lb wrecking machine. He focused on diet and flexibility, which is why there were very few key injuries during our glory years.

Add to it, that the years we have been horrid, there really wasn't a top flight QB available, and if there was, we didn't take him because there were too many other holes to fill.

The Bills draft against conventional wisdom too. They took flyers on guys like Aaron Maybin, Donte Whitner, John McCargo, Roscoe Parrish with their 1st and 2nd picks....the list is endless.

Bad contracts.

Bad drafting.

Bad conditioning.

Bad football team.

QB has got to be the Priority, Dallas found a QB. They are more aggressive then Buffalo

Buffalo & Cleveland don't have a clue.

TacklingDummy
04-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Brian Brohm, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Orion, EJ Manuel, Jeff Tuel, Thad Lewis, Cardale Jones, and Tyrod Taylor

Buddo
04-10-2017, 09:56 AM
A succession of bad coaching hires, leading to inconsistency of both scheme, and personnel.

Every time we get one side of the game sorted, we fail at the other.

The biggest irony in all this suckage, was that Ryan actually gave us an offense that we could win with, but his ego ruined a D that was pretty much well set already.

While we have undoubtedly sucked at finding even a good QB, let alone a franchise guy, I'm pretty sure that with the possible exception of Gailey, we never had anyone on the coaching staffs, who could actually develop one anyway.

Continuity breeds consistency, and it's little surprise that not having the first, leads us to be nowhere near the second.

PrimeTime
04-10-2017, 10:02 AM
1, the FB we get in round 1...
2, Not having a round 4 this year..
3, he is only good at one thing.. Making Buffalo look good.. not so good is it..
4 Repeat 1, 2, 3

Generalissimus Gibby
04-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Who says the Bills fail?

Well said. In terms of making revenue, selling tickets, and pushing product they are doing well. Also, as too many people still fear us becoming the Toronto or San Antonio Bills Pegsy will get a mostly taxpayer funded stadium and will continue to sell tickets and turn a profit, but for **** sake I wish they would focus on putting a championship team on the field every few years

Skooby
04-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Well said. In terms of making revenue, selling tickets, and pushing product they are doing well. Also, as too many people still fear us becoming the Toronto or San Antonio Bills Pegsy will get a mostly taxpayer funded stadium and will continue to sell tickets and turn a profit, but for **** sake I wish they would focus on putting a championship team on the field every few years
It's not fear, it's a reality unless we get a immovable long-term commitment from the owner (stadium). If you think the team can't be easily re-sold, you've got another thing coming. Other markets would expand the TV revenues for the NFL, so you know they wouldn't mind.

YardRat
04-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Who says the Bills fail?

The 21st century.

swiper
04-10-2017, 01:41 PM

Bad contracts.

Bad drafting.

Bad conditioning.

Bad football team.

In other words.... the owner

Skooby
04-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Pegula has owned the Sabres for about 6 years, Sabres have missed the playoffs for 6 straight years. See a correlation??

Terry or Kim get a hair crossed and it's curtains, especially for the Bills because there's no major ties to Buffalo on the ground. Time to wake up folks, the owner is a nice version of Dan Snyder. Lots of business sense but not enough sports ability. Fill in he keeps the same losers around expecting a different result, which is really sad.

Mouldsie
04-10-2017, 08:13 PM

Bad contracts.

Bad drafting.

Bad conditioning.

Bad football team.

Nothing wrong with going against conventional wisdom. It works for the two best teams in football.

We just go with no wisdom. The organization is run by morons.

Strongman
04-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Ultimately, it's been the ownership. Ralph let marketing people like Russ run the team like a dimestore. The Pegulas, who either don't know any better or condone it, keep these same people in place.

Nothing is going to change until Pegula starts snagging intelligent people from successful franchises who know how to operate a winning franchise.

JoeMama
04-11-2017, 02:38 PM
A franchise QB would cure all that ails us.

A legit QB can make even the most inept FO's look like geniuses.

OpIv37
04-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Pegula has owned the Sabres for about 6 years, Sabres have missed the playoffs for 6 straight years. See a correlation??

Terry or Kim get a hair crossed and it's curtains, especially for the Bills because there's no major ties to Buffalo on the ground. Time to wake up folks, the owner is a nice version of Dan Snyder. Lots of business sense but not enough sports ability. Fill in he keeps the same losers around expecting a different result, which is really sad.

Well here's the thing. When Pegula bought the Sabres, most of us realized that it was a mistake to let both Briere and Drury walk and try to go with a core of Roy, Pominville and Vanek. Pegula bought Regier's bull**** that we were just a player or two away. He spent big on useless guys like Ville Leino and Christian Ehrhoff. It took him 2 years to realize he had a rotten core, break it down, and start building back up again. If the rebuild worked, we should see results in the upcoming season.

The problem is that Pegula still hasn't had that revelation with the Bills. He doesn't get that the FO is ****ed and the team lacks talent. Once he does, it's going to be a one year "break it down" process followed by a 2-3 year rebuild, then MAYBE playoffs if the rebuild works correctly.

SpikedLemonade
04-11-2017, 06:31 PM
Wally, why do these "medical doctors" keep pushing prune juice on us?

Is this the opium of the masses that Jesus predicted?

Skooby
04-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Well here's the thing. When Pegula bought the Sabres, most of us realized that it was a mistake to let both Briere and Drury walk and try to go with a core of Roy, Pominville and Vanek. Pegula bought Regier's bull**** that we were just a player or two away. He spent big on useless guys like Ville Leino and Christian Ehrhoff. It took him 2 years to realize he had a rotten core, break it down, and start building back up again. If the rebuild worked, we should see results in the upcoming season.

The problem is that Pegula still hasn't had that revelation with the Bills. He doesn't get that the FO is ****ed and the team lacks talent. Once he does, it's going to be a one year "break it down" process followed by a 2-3 year rebuild, then MAYBE playoffs if the rebuild works correctly.
This is pretty accurate but what if the Sabres rebuild doesn't work correctly ? I'm also worried about Jack's ability to stay healthy and we took the best choice we had left after a huge tank. The draft lottery screwed us out of McDavid (now the Art Ross winner). We lost out on our chance to get that type of production which would of given us a fighting chance this season.