PDA

View Full Version : Connor McDavid wins NHL scoring title (Art Ross trophy)

Skooby
04-10-2017, 02:48 AM
Sabres get nothing for that tank, Karma is a *****.

JATMtheJATM
04-10-2017, 09:35 AM

God this post is idiotic. What, you don't think our own budding superstar is enough?

Post less. Think more

Skooby
04-10-2017, 10:34 AM
God this post is idiotic. What, you don't think our own budding superstar is enough?

Post less. Think more

Coming to you live from the Atlantic basement ....

OpIv37
04-10-2017, 02:12 PM

I wouldn't call Eichel "nothing." He had 57 points in 61 games. McDavid is the better player but Eichel is damn good too.

And the reasons we are in the basement are key injuries, bad defensemen, and questionable coaching.

JATMtheJATM
04-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Coming to you live from the Atlantic basement ....

Let me know when we can pin it on one person. And our best player?

Novacane
04-10-2017, 05:09 PM
We'd be in the same spot if we had McDavid instead of Eichel.

Skooby
04-10-2017, 10:35 PM
We'd be in the same spot if we had McDavid instead of Eichel.
So if we had the league's leading point getter we'd be in the basement of the Atlantic division ?? Do any of you even believe yourself ??

Skooby
04-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Let me know when we can pin it on one person. And our best player?
He's our only real player, the rest of the team and especially the defense is nearly a toss away. I'd be willing to gamble Evander Kane loses his cool at some point during the summer. Ennis isn't a force of fear on the ice, he's more like a fast footnote. We suck because we aren't playing to win, our goalies even blow.

I can pin the whole thing on the owner, who's keeping dumb as losers around ongoing. He's owned the team for six years and we've missed the playoffs for six years. Care to think we will easily break the near 2 decade Bills playoff failure with this crew ??

JATMtheJATM
04-10-2017, 11:47 PM
He's our only real player, the rest of the team and especially the defense is nearly a toss away. I'd be willing to gamble Evander Kane loses his cool at some point during the summer. Ennis isn't a force of fear on the ice, he's more like a fast footnote. We suck because we aren't playing to win, our goalies even blow.

I can pin the whole thing on the owner, who's keeping dumb as losers around ongoing. He's owned the team for six years and we've missed the playoffs for six years. Care to think we will easily break the near 2 decade Bills playoff failure with this crew ??

Only real player? Oreilly? Reinhart? Kane? Ristolainen? Keep trying

Skooby
04-11-2017, 05:33 AM
Only real player? Oreilly? Reinhart? Kane? Ristolainen? Keep trying
Their individual skills are indisputable, their team skills not as much. We don't have a cohesive team that plays well for 60 minutes, it's been hard to see many in any complete games this season. We either dig ourselves a hole or blow a lead, just terrible coaching and play.

Dan Blysma is a joke, seriously the team looked terrible down the stretch. I blame the owner and his mentally handicapped management.

6 years of Pegula ownership, 6 years of playoff failures. Coming soon to you, 20 years of no Bills playoffs.

JATMtheJATM
04-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Their individual skills are indisputable, their team skills not as much. We don't have a cohesive team that plays well for 60 minutes, it's been hard to see many in any complete games this season. We either dig ourselves a hole or blow a lead, just terrible coaching and play.

Dan Blysma is a joke, seriously the team looked terrible down the stretch. I blame the owner and his mentally handicapped management.

6 years of Pegula ownership, 6 years of playoff failures. Coming soon to you, 20 years of no Bills playoffs.

Ok, neat. It still doesn't address your original point because it's flat out stupid

Skooby
04-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Ok, neat. It still doesn't address your original point because it's flat out stupid
We tanked and got nothing that's helped us thus far, now a huge contract bill for Jack is coming without a solid team at all. So in the grand scheme, we failed and karma caught up to us.

If we replayed the entire season with a completely healthy team, would we have finished in a playoff spot ?

JATMtheJATM
04-11-2017, 11:13 PM
We tanked and got nothing that's helped us thus far, now a huge contract bill for Jack is coming without a solid team at all. So in the grand scheme, we failed and karma caught up to us.

If we replayed the entire season with a completely healthy team, would we have finished in a playoff spot ?

Yes

Skooby
04-12-2017, 01:07 AM
Yes
You are in complete fantasyland on multiple levels. There was zero chance of us accomplishing that this season, even the biggest homer didn't expect that to happen no matter what.

Get off the drugs son, this was a fringe team at best if all the stars aligned. This also tells me you can't see past your love of team to be objective, I mean holy crap is anyone else this lost ?

JATMtheJATM
04-12-2017, 01:13 AM
You are in complete fantasyland on multiple levels. There was zero chance of us accomplishing that this season, even the biggest homer didn't expect that to happen no matter what.

Get off the drugs son, this was a fringe team at best if all the stars aligned. This also tells me you can't see past your love of team to be objective, I mean holy crap is anyone else this lost ?

Says the guy who claims to have insider information

Skooby
04-12-2017, 02:05 AM
Says the guy who claims to have insider information
Says reality. Who I talk with and what I know sometimes shows up hours / days / weeks later, sometimes never. I don't guess, I listen and see what happens. We have 24 years of non-playoff futility between the 2 major Buffalo sports, this is getting uglier every year. Pegula is an enabler, he's not really helping in case that's not obvious. He needs to lose his current surrounding cast and find new people, these wells he's trying to pump are dry. I'm not sure how much more obvious this can be.

i grew up there in an Era of manufacturing ending in the WNY area, really sad to see many people lose their jobs and hope. I guess our expectations are lower now thanks to that, try to look past that mindset. It's hard but can be done, the area has been perpetually depressed. This isn't the early to mid 1900's anymore, the lake is an obstacle now versus a trade route. Move on man, it's time.

JATMtheJATM
04-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Says reality. Who I talk with and what I know sometimes shows up hours / days / weeks later, sometimes never. I don't guess, I listen and see what happens. We have 24 years of non-playoff futility between the 2 major Buffalo sports, this is getting uglier every year. Pegula is an enabler, he's not really helping in case that's not obvious. He needs to lose his current surrounding cast and find new people, these wells he's trying to pump are dry. I'm not sure how much more obvious this can be.

i grew up there in an Era of manufacturing ending in the WNY area, really sad to see many people lose their jobs and hope. I guess our expectations are lower now thanks to that, try to look past that mindset. It's hard but can be done, the area has been perpetually depressed. This isn't the early to mid 1900's anymore, the lake is an obstacle now versus a trade route. Move on man, it's time.

TL, DR.

I literally don't read your crap I'd it's over a certain length because all you post is garbage

Skooby
04-12-2017, 10:42 AM
TL, DR.

I literally don't read your crap I'd it's over a certain length because all you post is garbage

That explains why you don't learn, books take time to read son.

JATMtheJATM
04-12-2017, 11:45 AM
That explains why you don't learn, books take time to read son.

No, I just make sure to read books that are worth my time. Hence why I don't read your long posts. Aren't worth the time

Novacane
04-12-2017, 09:07 PM
So if we had the league's leading point getter we'd be in the basement of the Atlantic division ?? Do any of you even believe yourself ??

Yeah I think we'd still of missed the playoffs. We have way more dead weight than Edmonton. Do you believe yourself? To call Eichel nothing is stupid. Of course I'd rather have McDavid but to call Eichel nothing just fuels what a lot of people already think about you.

Novacane
04-12-2017, 09:13 PM

??

:rofl: Make up your mind. I actually agree with most of this post but you just got done saying we wouldn't be in the basement if we had CM. Is it Eichels fault or that his supporting cast is crap?

Skooby
04-13-2017, 03:18 PM
:rofl: Make up your mind. I actually agree with most of this post but you just got done saying we wouldn't be in the basement if we had CM. Is it Eichels fault or that his supporting cast is crap?
Jack can't bring the team up to a higher level, other teams don't account for him like they do CM. Therefore, it's a mix of both Jack and supporting staff.

JATMtheJATM
04-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Jack can't bring the team up to a higher level, other teams don't account for him like they do CM. Therefore, it's a mix of both Jack and supporting staff.

Jack Eichel can absolutely bring players to a higher level. We saw it all the time the last season. Jesus Christ L, he's not mcdavid and that's fine

Skooby
04-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Jack Eichel can absolutely bring players to a higher level. We saw it all the time the last season. Jesus Christ L, he's not mcdavid and that's fine

And we are in the cellar and that's not fine.

JATMtheJATM
04-13-2017, 04:37 PM
And we are in the cellar and that's not fine.

And you keep alluding to it being Eichel fault or he's not as good as he should be. You're flat out wrong about it

YardRat
04-13-2017, 05:07 PM
When both teams reach the playoffs again in the next couple of seasons, some people are going to go ****-wacky.