PDA

View Full Version : For whatever reason. . .

TigerJ
04-11-2017, 07:36 AM
The Bills are checking out QBs at the top of the prospect rankings. Besides Trubisky, the Bills have worked out Deshone Kizer. Among lower ranked prospects they worked out Chad Kelly and Nate Peterman. It sure looks like they're hoping to draft one.

BertSquirtgum
04-11-2017, 07:39 AM
Hoping to scare some team that wants a qb and get them to trade up. Then hopefully draft the best receiver available wherever they end up. Just my hypothesis though.

Joe Fo Sho
04-11-2017, 07:44 AM
I hope they're checking out every QB available in the draft this year.

YardRat
04-11-2017, 07:56 AM
Hopefully setting up for a trade-down. I still think if Trubisky and/or Watson are there at #10 Cleveland is going to want to hop up and take one. Maybe even Arizona or Houston, although it would be a pretty costly leap for the Texans.

tomz
04-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Or maybe they're hoping for a drop to round 2? I like the trade down scenario as well.

Mr. Magoo
04-11-2017, 08:49 AM
There is only 1 QB i want in this draft and that is Patrick Mahomes....well Chad Kelly also.

WagonCircler
04-11-2017, 10:20 AM
This spells doom for Cardale Jones.

This is too much trouble to go to for a smokescreen.

It's pretty apparent that the plan is to roll with Tyrod for a year, maybe two. Count on Yates as a low-mistake guy who's very familiar with the Offense, to serve as a 2nd string QB, and to draft a prospect with a real upside, unlike Jones.

This also spells doom for Whaley.

OpIv37
04-11-2017, 10:44 AM
I'm a Notre Dame fan and Kizer is a mistake. He has physical talent in terms of both arm and speed but he really struggles to feel pressure and read D's. He came out a year early if you ask me.

If he plummets and we can grab him later, yes, but picking him at 10 is suicidal. I'm not even sure if I'd take him in the 2nd.

Night Train
04-11-2017, 04:47 PM
I think the visits are sincere but also a major smoke screen. Peterman makes sense but with only 6 picks, I have my doubts about another QB. A trade down may change that.

S,OLB (2), WR and maybe TE seem more realistic.

Wally The Barber
04-11-2017, 06:28 PM
smokescreen....

Skooby
04-11-2017, 08:59 PM
I'd take 6 QB's in the draft and figure out who's the best, then ship the rest to IR for future reference.

TigerJ
04-11-2017, 09:30 PM
There is only 1 QB i want in this draft and that is Patrick Mahomes....well Chad Kelly also.Mahomes worked out for the Bills yesterday. (Monday April 9th)

Bill Cody
04-12-2017, 01:27 PM
The Bills don't do smokescreen. If you asked they'd probably email you a copy of their board.

WagonCircler
04-12-2017, 01:35 PM
smokescreen....

One visit to a top rated QB is a sufficient smokescreen. Three is overkill.

swiper
04-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Davis Webb is better than Peterman, Kelly, and kizer.

EDS
04-12-2017, 02:59 PM
The Bills are criminally under appreciated in terms of their success winning the off-season every year.

YardRat
04-13-2017, 05:44 AM
Bills head coach admits team’s meetings with QBs could be a ‘smokescreen’

Sean McDermott said on Wednesday that the Bills’ meetings with the draft’s top quarterbacks – including Mitchell Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes and DeShone Kizer – could be a tactic to lead other teams to believe Buffalo wants to take a quarterback at No. 10.

“We’ll take a look at those [quarterbacks], but it doesn’t mean we’re taking a quarterback,” McDermott told Kiss 98.5 in Buffalo on Wednesday, via ESPN (http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27740/sean-mcdermott-bills-meetings-with-qbs-could-be-smokescreen). “Maybe these last three or four trips were just kind of all a smokescreen, right? It’s kind of like hiding your presents from your kids. You kind of put them in different spots and see, right? We’ll just see. It’s just a big mystery at this point. No one really knows. You never know who’s going to be there at No. 10 when we pick. You just got to go do the homework and study it up.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-nfl-draft-quarterback-smokescreen-meetings-041217

Lol...great move by McDermott...amplify the smoke screen by coming right out and saying 'Hey...it's a smokescreen (wink)'. That's going to get some teams thinking harder.

YardRat
04-13-2017, 05:48 AM
WTF is that?

EDS
04-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Bills head coach admits team’s meetings with QBs could be a ‘smokescreen’

Sean McDermott said on Wednesday that the Bills’ meetings with the draft’s top quarterbacks – including Mitchell Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes and DeShone Kizer – could be a tactic to lead other teams to believe Buffalo wants to take a quarterback at No. 10.

“We’ll take a look at those [quarterbacks], but it doesn’t mean we’re taking a quarterback,” McDermott told Kiss 98.5 in Buffalo on Wednesday, via ESPN (http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27740/sean-mcdermott-bills-meetings-with-qbs-could-be-smokescreen). “Maybe these last three or four trips were just kind of all a smokescreen, right? It’s kind of like hiding your presents from your kids. You kind of put them in different spots and see, right? We’ll just see. It’s just a big mystery at this point. No one really knows. You never know who’s going to be there at No. 10 when we pick. You just got to go do the homework and study it up.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-nfl-draft-quarterback-smokescreen-meetings-041217

Lol...great move by McDermott...amplify the smoke screen by coming right out and saying 'Hey...it's a smokescreen (wink)'. That's going to get some teams thinking harder.

What he means is, "the tenth pick is for sale".

Bill Cody
04-13-2017, 11:14 AM

everything is for sale at the right price. But "smokescreen" indicates we have no interest in those players. I think we do. What Mac is saying is "there's a couple guys we like at 10 if they're there we'll take them, if not we'll look to move down. The QB's are not on the list of guys we take at 10".

WagonCircler
04-13-2017, 12:42 PM
everything is for sale at the right price. But "smokescreen" indicates we have no interest in those players.

Sure, but when you come out and call it a smokescreen, isn't that a smokescreen for the smokescreen?

I'm nervously trying to avoid the conclusion that the Keystone Kops are at work with a new sheriff.

If McDermott uses one more Brandon slogan in an interview, I will turn the page on him earlier than any other Bills coach ever.

swiper
04-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Brandon ought to publish a book of those.

Bill Cody
04-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Sure, but when you come out and call it a smokescreen, isn't that a smokescreen for the smokescreen?
Yes. No. Maybe. My head hurts

I'm nervously trying to avoid the conclusion that the Keystone Kops are at work with a new sheriff.
no need to be nervous they are. Doug and Russ didn't grow new brains

If McDermott uses one more Brandon slogan in an interview, I will turn the page on him earlier than any other Bills coach ever.

Nah. Who cares what he says? Who cares how he says it? If the Bills show up under Mac and they're a team that is hard to play against, if they're tough and disciplined we'll all be happy with the coach. I'm old enough now that my main two standards for a coach are: don't be soft and don't bore me. Winning would be great but if McDermott does those 2 things he's a huge upgrade over Rex

PrimeTime
04-13-2017, 07:31 PM
this.

BLUTO
04-13-2017, 08:53 PM
They should be drafting 1 QB per year.

JoeMama
04-14-2017, 01:40 PM
They should be drafting 1 QB per year.

They really should be more proactive with QBs. I don't know if 1 QB a year would work just because you'd be forced to cut another developmental QB from previous drafts.

But whatever, 1 a year is fine. If you cast into a pond 20 times instead of 5 times, you're more likely to land the fish.