PDA

View Full Version : Predict Buffalo's first selection in the NFL draft

Wally The Barber
04-11-2017, 07:44 AM
I run this thread every year and in the last 15 years only 2 fans got it right!

You get to pick ONE player ONLY

We have strict rules here, if you list more then ONE neither selection will count

If the Bills trade the pick then it would be the Bills 1st selected player regardless of the round

Do I need to explain the rules again?

Who will the Bills select with our first available pick? __________________________

Lets see what you got.

YardRat
04-11-2017, 07:58 AM
LBer Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt.

Wally The Barber
04-11-2017, 08:09 AM
Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

SpikedLemonade
04-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Some "shut down"corner who Mel had going in the 3rd round.

JoeMama
04-11-2017, 08:26 AM
LBer Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt.

Wow, at #10?

That's a ballsy prediction.

If Jamal Adams inexplicably falls to #10, I think we draft him. If not, I'll go the conventional route and say Mike Williams.

JoeMama
04-11-2017, 08:30 AM

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/lol-049_zps4f70f6de.gif (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/lol-049_zps4f70f6de.gif.html) That's definitely more our speed.

Wally The Barber
04-11-2017, 08:42 AM

Violation: You could be right then BRAG a vague answer :curse:

Mr. Magoo
04-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

TacklingDummy
04-11-2017, 08:52 AM
Sadly it's going to be a player from one of the schools we suck drafting from...Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio St.

OJ Howard TE Alabama
Cam Robinson T Alabama
Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
Mike Williams WR Clemson
Gareon Conley CB Ohio St.
Malik Hooker S Ohio State
Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio St.

I'll go with Mike Williams WR Clemson.
With no true #1 receiver, no real receiver besides the often injured Sammy Watkins. Who is probably done in Buffalo after this year. Selecting Mike Williams is a no brainer to a team that doesn't understand that it's the Quarterback not the receivers they are throwing the ball to, stulpid.

Wally The Barber
04-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Just what I expected, YOU GUYS GOT NOTHING, YOU CHOKED

Damn Kids

swiper
04-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

Only if Whaley joins Rex in a death wish will he draft another Clemson WR with the #1 pick. Not going to happen.

YardRat
04-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Wow, at #10?

That's a ballsy prediction.

If Jamal Adams inexplicably falls to #10, I think we draft him. If not, I'll go the conventional route and say Mike Williams.
I'm expecting a trade down.

swiper
04-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Austin Rehkow, P, Idaho

Ed
04-11-2017, 11:14 AM
I think TE OJ Howard is their top target at #10, but it's starting to sound more likely than not that he'll go in the top 9. I don't think they'd hesitate to take CB Lattimore, but he'll be gone for sure.

I think they end up trading down, but either way my official pick is OLB HAASON REDDICK. He's the OLB McDermott needs for his D that they don't currently have, and they can address CB and WR/TE in rounds 2 and 3.

justasportsfan
04-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Freddie Stevenson

Mahdi
04-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Haason Reddick, OLB - Temple

Mr. Magoo
04-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Only if Whaley joins Rex in a death wish will he draft another Clemson WR with the #1 pick. Not going to happen.
Fine.......we give our 10th pick for the rights of Ryan Leaf :clown:Since we like to throw our 1 pick away.

OpIv37
04-11-2017, 11:49 AM
I thought we already traded our first round pick to NE for Tom Brady.

Ginger Vitis
04-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Haason Reddick

SpikedLemonade
04-11-2017, 03:42 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/lol-049_zps4f70f6de.gif (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/lol-049_zps4f70f6de.gif.html) That's definitely more our speed.

Yes it is.

Night Train
04-11-2017, 04:39 PM
I actually agree with some of the above picks. I'll guess S Jamal Adams LSU.

I'll be happy with multiple players listed in previous threads.

SpikedLemonade
04-11-2017, 06:34 PM

LEAVE ME ALONE.

Wally and I are in a "misery is me" contest and the old kuuuuuuunt is winning.

Wally The Barber
04-11-2017, 06:58 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE.

Wally and I are in a "misery is me" contest and the old kuuuuuuunt is winning.

the old part is true

Mace
04-11-2017, 07:24 PM
What would aggravate me the most...lessee....Trubisky & Watson go early, Whaley panics and pulls the trigger on....

DeShone Kizer.

SpikedLemonade
04-11-2017, 07:49 PM
If i had the pick, I want an OL whose only pre-draft analysis weakness is that he often trips on his own dick when it is lying on the ground.

Mouldsie
04-11-2017, 07:54 PM
What would aggravate me the most...lessee....Trubisky & Watson go early, Whaley panics and pulls the trigger on....

DeShone Kizer.

Well, they'd be getting the top prospect as the 3rd QB off the board but I can't see any of that happening and none of these guys are worthy of 10

bflojohn
04-11-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm all in on Malik Hooker, free safety, THE Ohio State University!!!!

Skooby
04-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Corey Davis - WR. The dude couldn't be covered even by 3 guys, I'm serious he's unstoppable. Don't care about that he played in the MAC, he was the baddest man out there. Randy Moss is the only other MAC WR to get drafted in the first, Corey will be the second.

https://youtu.be/mnqO2WvKoTM

If you watch his hands in the video above, you'll understand that if thrown the ball / he gets it.

Cali512
04-11-2017, 11:05 PM
I'd be ecstatic with one of the 4 top DBs. But I have to say if they have that same dumbass personality that Gilmore, McKelvin, and Darby have ill be pissed. I even like Darby but all of them just have such an irrelevant almost dumb persona that comes across when they talk. I want and educated, deep thinking, inspired DB.

I see Hooker, Adams, and Conley like that

Cali512
04-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Corey Davis - WR. The dude couldn't be covered even by 3 guys, I'm serious he's unstoppable. Don't care about that he played in the MAC, he was the baddest man out there. Randy Moss is the only other MAC WR to get drafted in the first, Corey will be the second.

If you watch his hands in the video above, you'll understand that if thrown the ball / he gets it.

Ehhh he looks exactly like Stephon Hill to me

Mouldsie
04-11-2017, 11:07 PM
Ehhh he looks exactly like Stephon Hill to me

What?

Cali512
04-11-2017, 11:13 PM
What?

Stephen Hill sorry. The guy who went to the jets. The plays they made in college are exactly the same along with the fact that they played in small schools. Hill actually had much better physical traits too.

I don't see Davis being that good honestly

stuckincincy
04-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Given BUF's past history, I could see them drafting RB Fournette if he falls to #9.

Pretty much forget about CIN at #8...Hill and Bernard are under contract, and owner Brown never eats a player or coach contract, even if it would improve the team.

Skooby
04-12-2017, 01:05 AM
Stephen Hill sorry. The guy who went to the jets. The plays they made in college are exactly the same along with the fact that they played in small schools. Hill actually had much better physical traits too.

I remember when we passed on Khalil Mack, can you say oops ?? It's time for some redemption.

GarnOFreak
04-12-2017, 04:09 AM
RB Christian McCaffrey.

Wally The Barber
04-12-2017, 05:28 AM
Lots of discussion but little voting....

I thought you guys know EVERY FREAKING THING...

WTF

Mouldsie
04-13-2017, 12:04 AM

What?

SpikedLemonade
04-13-2017, 01:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsqjuFzAY1g

Wally The Barber
04-13-2017, 05:11 AM
too much pressure huh?

Lone Stranger
04-14-2017, 01:46 AM
I've been thinking about Chad Kelly but haven't made my decision yet.

PrimeTime
04-14-2017, 10:26 AM
They trade for a mid round pick, for a third and a fourth and then get
Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

kgun12
04-15-2017, 06:32 PM
I would love Jamal Adams S LSU or Reuben LB Alabama would be happy with O.J. Howard.

My pick is trade back for

Round 1:
Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin. Wisconsin offensive linemen are pug and play.

Round 2:
Marcus Williams S Utah and with our second pick in the second round because of the trade back
Round 2b: Chris Godwin WR Penn St.

kgun12
04-15-2017, 06:46 PM
I don't want anything to do with Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State because of this: CBSSports.com NFL insider Jason La Canfora recently reported teams have "mounting concerns" about Lattimore *because of potentially chronic hamstring issues and it's not the first time I've read this. There was a orthopedic doctor on NFL radio that said he would be very concerned about drafting him.

Mace
04-15-2017, 07:21 PM
I don't want anything to do with Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State because of this: CBSSports.com NFL insider Jason La Canfora recently reported teams have "mounting concerns" about Lattimore *because of potentially chronic hamstring issues and it's not the first time I've read this. There was a orthopedic doctor on NFL radio that said he would be very concerned about drafting him.

Then they need to draft a second, bulkier nickel corner to carry him in coverage so he doesn't have to move his legs until the last minute.

BillsImpossible
04-15-2017, 07:37 PM
With the 10th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select.....

Jabrill Peppers.

The Bills just drafted a safety, a linebacker, a cornerback, a kickoff return man, punt return man, wide receiver and a running back.

His only downfall is that he can not punt.

YardRat
04-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I'm passing on Lattimore also. Like the Ramzcyk, Williams and Godwin picks.

Mace
04-15-2017, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I'm passing on Lattimore also.

Why ? Just because you'd need a second corner to carry him until he absolutely needs to use his legs so he doesn't injure his delicate hamstrings ?

You're selling that 2nd cb short before we even know who he is ! He might be capable of launching Lattimore properly into being a perennial all pro who needs to be carried around by a different all pro, who might well be the symbiotic nickel cb who has been launching him. But no no, you just want to skip the idea of multiple all pros.

Come on now.

YardRat
04-15-2017, 10:52 PM
Why ? Just because you'd need a second corner to carry him until he absolutely needs to use his legs so he doesn't injure his delicate hamstrings ?

You're selling that 2nd cb short before we even know who he is ! He might be capable of launching Lattimore properly into being a perennial all pro who needs to be carried around by a different all pro, who might well be the symbiotic nickel cb who has been launching him. But no no, you just want to skip the idea of multiple all pros.

Come on now.

I'm thinking a bigger need is a second wide receiver that can run routes and take some of the pressure off of Sammy's feet. Somebody like Mike Williams or Corey Davis could run streaks or crossers to draw coverage away from Watson so his steps could be kept to a minimum, thus saving further stress on his arches.

Duh.

stuckincincy
04-15-2017, 11:09 PM
Then they need to draft a second, bulkier nickel corner to carry him in coverage so he doesn't have to move his legs until the last minute.

Chidobe Awuzie, in the 2nd round:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079069/chidobe-awuzie

Klaista2k
04-16-2017, 04:02 AM

Meh I wasn't that impressed after seeing his highlights.

Would rather have Mike Williams.

alohabillsfan
04-16-2017, 06:29 AM
Mike Williams , Tyrod needs a big target outside the numbers and over the middle.

Skooby
04-16-2017, 06:48 AM
Meh I wasn't that impressed after seeing his highlights.

Would rather have Mike Williams.

When you hear about not picking up Sammy Watkins' optional year, you have to lean WR one way or the other.

mdcas22
04-16-2017, 02:04 PM
Hooker would be my 1st choice but id Allen fall's they pick him.

Mace
04-16-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm thinking a bigger need is a second wide receiver that can run routes and take some of the pressure off of Sammy's feet. Somebody like Mike Williams or Corey Davis could run streaks or crossers to draw coverage away from Watson so his steps could be kept to a minimum, thus saving further stress on his arches.

Duh.

My bad. I forgot we still had Watkins.

capitolneal
04-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Hooker

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 06:19 PM
I would love Jamal Adams S LSU or Reuben LB Alabama would be happy with O.J. Howard.

My pick is trade back for

Round 1:
Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin. Wisconsin offensive linemen are pug and play.

Round 2:
Marcus Williams S Utah and with our second pick in the second round because of the trade back
Round 2b: Chris Godwin WR Penn St.

Even of a superficial level you can tell he's going to be good just based on his name.

Ryan Ramczyk... that's the type of name that just sounds like it belongs on a probowl roster.

Night Train
04-19-2017, 06:38 AM
Even of a superficial level you can tell he's going to be good just based on his name.
Ryan Ramczyk... that's the type of name that just sounds like it belongs on a probowl roster.

Or .. a superhero !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7SqSNQeAFM

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2017, 07:42 AM

This wasn't fair.

I need to name a specific player.

Well Wally has us drafting a QB....

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Mitchell Trubisky (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2017mtrubisky.php), QB, North Carolinaimage: http://walterfootball.com/college/NorthCarolina_logo.gif
http://walterfootball.com/college/NorthCarolina_logo.gif
There were some reports about the Bills being serious about Mitchell Trubisky at No. 10 overall that were published Monday, which made me even more confident in this projection. I've been thinking more and more that Buffalo will target Trubisky if he's available at this selection. The Bills have had a major internal struggle about what to do with Tyrod Taylor, and the way the contract is set up, they can part ways with Taylor after this season. Trubisky can sit for a year and learn behind Taylor, which is ideal because he doesn't have the appropriate amount of collegiate experience to play right away.

Pick change; previously O.J. Howard, TE

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php#K9CW7LQjxIFXXCUw.99

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am going with Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida who is a 3rd round concensus talent.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2017, 07:47 AM
WR Mike Williams, Clemson.

daryls61
04-21-2017, 11:44 AM
1. Ruben Foster ILB Alabama

2. Tre'Davious White CB LSU

3. Zay Jones WR East Carolina

Jry44
04-21-2017, 02:11 PM

You beat me to it.

If Reuben Foster is there at 10, I don't think McDermott passes on him. He's a top 3 player in this draft. This is my vote.

TigerJ
04-22-2017, 09:28 PM
I checked and I don't think I posted in this thread yet, so here goes. I expect Lattimore, Adams, and Hooker to be gone and that no other DB will interest Buffalo at #10. There are some things about Reuben Foster that I think might scare Buffalo away. Reportedly he's a slow learner who needs lots of reps and he's not very instinctive.I don't think there will be a D-lineman available who is worthy of consideration. I expect Buffalo's pick to come from one of the following: Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Haasan Reddick, or OJ Howard. I'm going to eliminate Williams because he fails to get much separation in his route running. Virtually every catch is contested, which he's really good at. Unfortunately, in the NFL, DBs are better, and it's going to take him a long time to adjust. Reddick is already taken, as is Davis. I'll go with OJ Howard, assuming he'll still be available. The Bills will try to trade down, but I have doubts that they will be successful.

SpikedLemonade
04-23-2017, 08:15 AM
I checked and I don't think I posted in this thread yet, so here goes. I expect Lattimore, Adams, and Hooker to be gone and that no other DB will interest Buffalo at #10. There are some things about Reuben Foster that I think might scare Buffalo away. Reportedly he's a slow learner who needs lots of reps and he's not very instinctive.I don't think there will be a D-lineman available who is worthy of consideration. I expect Buffalo's pick to come from one of the following: Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Haasan Reddick, or OJ Howard. I'm going to eliminate Williams because he fails to get much separation in his route running. Virtually every catch is contested, which he's really good at. Unfortunately, in the NFL, DBs are better, and it's going to take him a long time to adjust. Reddick is already taken, as is Davis. I'll go with OJ Howard, assuming he'll still be available. The Bills will try to trade down, but I have doubts that they will be successful.

The Bills will reach for a CB.

See my post above.

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2017, 11:37 AM
Rueben Foster

X-Era
04-27-2017, 06:01 AM
O.J. Howard.

Also not a Jew

HHURRICANE
04-27-2017, 06:28 AM
Watson

SpikedLemonade
04-27-2017, 06:33 AM
O.J. Howard.

Also not a Jew

Huh?

HAMMER
04-27-2017, 08:43 AM
It's gonna be Reddick.

Bill Cody
04-27-2017, 09:12 AM
Hassan Reddick

DraftBoy
04-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Malik Hooker

Skooby
04-29-2017, 06:50 AM

Jesus Christ man you are a soothsayer.

SpikedLemonade
04-29-2017, 07:28 AM
The Bills will reach for a CB.

See my post above.

What do I win?

Skooby
04-29-2017, 09:52 AM
What do I win?
Crabs, simply go to the Canadian side of the Niagara Falls Ballet to collect your prize.

Wally The Barber
04-29-2017, 10:21 AM
What do I win?

You all get ****