PDA

View Full Version : TD has all the cards w/ Magahee

BillsNick
07-30-2003, 02:20 PM
McGahee Contract Strategy: The Bills apeear to be in no rush to sign first round pick Willis McGahee. While many believe he will not play this year in order to allow his injured knee to fully heal, it leaves the Bills front office in a unique position. The Bills may have some unusual bargaining leverage with McGahee's agent, Drew Rosenhaus. It is possible for the Bills to avoid paying McGahee his base salary until he joins the active roster if they put him on the non-football related injury list. Because McGahee was not injured in the NFL the Bills apparently have the option of using this designation on the injured running back. Rosenhaus has been posturing with recent comments in the media about McGahee's ability to practice, but a contract does not seem to be on the horizon.:10:

Looks like old TD has the upperhand now

Patrick76777
07-30-2003, 02:22 PM
What if he sits out and gets back in the draft?

Ebenezer
07-30-2003, 02:28 PM
the longer it goes the worse it gets for the Bills...especially if TH puts the ball on the ground as often as last year or gets hurt.

Patrick76777
07-30-2003, 02:29 PM
I have no problem waiting a week or two, but Eb's right, if it goes longer then that, it's not good.

Ebenezer
07-30-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I have no problem waiting a week or two, but Eb's right, if it goes longer then that, it's not good.

we got to start a new fight...we've been agreeing too much lately...:chuckle:

Patrick76777
07-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Go to the Scary moments thread. You'll probably be mad at me again.

DraftBoy
07-30-2003, 02:33 PM
#1 I dont think TD will allow McGahee to sit all season and reenter the draft.
#2 I dont think Drew Rosenhaus will allow it either hes not stupid. A player who has not played football in 2 years re-entering the draft he would lose millions.
#3. The more Rosenhaus goes to the media the more money he loses, hes got t realize this.
#4. Willis needs to get into camp and learn all this stuff now, although its not as dire as with the rookies competing for time, he still needs to learn it, and show the team some support

echo_bravo
07-30-2003, 02:46 PM
LOL I love it!!!!

Patrick76777
07-30-2003, 02:51 PM
It's going to get done bro. TD knows he has time.

JayWood
07-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Hasn't WM and DR learned from history? Nobody plays games with TD and gets away with it. In the end TD will have the better hand, and prove once again why this guy is th best front office guy in the NFL!!

WG
07-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Is that what happens if a player doesn't sign; he goes back into next year's draft?

I didn't think that was the case...

Doc
07-30-2003, 08:20 PM
Outhaus has no choice BUT to eventually cave to the Bills' demands, maybe with the Bills giving in a little. I must admit though that I'd LOVE to see what would happen if WM held out the year, re-entered the draft next year, and wasn't picked in the 1st round like I bet he wouldn't be. It would be priceless.

ArcticWildMan
07-30-2003, 11:43 PM
I'm not 100% sure of the time frame, but if Willis doesn't sign by week 5 of the season I believe, the Bills lose the right to sign him and he can re-enter the draft next year.

IMO, if Willis isn't signed by week 1, Drew Rosenhaus will try and stalemate us so McGahee can enter next years draft for a "big paycheck" and save face.

BADTHINGSMAN
07-31-2003, 12:37 AM
I think there a few teams that would draft WM with there #1 next year.. Texans they have no running game they might be interested.. Cowboys they have a poor running game.. Cardinals could easily grab him Emmit wont last forever..

WM wants to play badly.. If he sits out this year he still spends the time rehabing and getting stronger for next years draft..TD will sign him soon. The longer it goes on the longer TD and DR look stupid.. DR for his lieing and not caring for his client other than his wallet.. TD for drafting him and not getting him signed..

Dozerdog
07-31-2003, 01:21 AM
Not sure- But you can re-enter the draft if you were an underclassmen.

I Beleive Bo Jackson was drafted by TB one year, plated Baseball, and then was drafted the next year by the Raiders in the 6th round