PDA

View Full Version : Former Raven TE Heap hits and kills his 3 yr. old daughter while moving his truck

DetDannyWilliams
04-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Heap, who was a two-time Pro Bowler for the Ravens, was moving his truck in the driveway when he struck and killed his 3-year-old daughter.

Mesa police said, via the Arizona Republi (http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2017/04/14/child-dies-after-being-struck-fathers-truck-mesa/100489522/)c, the accident occurred about 3:45 p.m. She was later pronounced dead after being transported to a hospital.

Police say Heap exhibited no signs of impairment.

Police will continue to investigate the girl's death. She was the youngest of five children Heap has with his wife, Ashley.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-ravens-tight-end-todd-heap-accidentally-kills-3-year-old-daughter/ar-BBzR9eM?ocid=spartanntp

:sadwalk:

TacklingDummy
04-15-2017, 04:55 PM
How fast does someone drive in their driveway?

YardRat
04-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Tragic. Condolences to the entire family.

Dr. Lecter
04-15-2017, 05:15 PM
What difference does it make?

swiper
04-15-2017, 05:18 PM
I assume he did this backing the truck up, but am reading he was moving it forward. Article said Heap did not appear impaired in any way to authorities that responded.

PrimeTime
04-15-2017, 05:52 PM
How fast does someone drive in their driveway?
how fast does it take to drive over a 3 year old IDIOT.. you think he did it on purpose? you think a ****ing Kia going 3 miles an hour over a baby would kill it? you this ****ing stupid? I swear to god Morons like you should be banned from these forums.?

Luisito23
04-15-2017, 06:33 PM
For that man's sake I hope he wasn't impaired in any way.

I can't even begin to know how him and his family feel right now.

An awful shame.

stuckincincy
04-15-2017, 08:37 PM
What a terrible tragedy... :broken:

Generalissimus Gibby
04-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Oh that poor bastard. I cannot and do not want to imagine the agony he has got to be feeling right now. He must be the sickest man on the entire planet right now.

Bill Cody
04-15-2017, 09:50 PM
I doubt his marriage will survive this. It was an accident but some things are too terrible to get past. Feel sorry for him

Ginger Vitis
04-15-2017, 09:54 PM
I doubt his marriage will survive this.
A husband and wife I know... The same tragic accident happened to them 12 years ago and they are still married

Ingtar33
04-15-2017, 11:31 PM
horrible.

Little kids outdoors in a yard near the driveway scare the ever living heck out of me. The younger the more unaware and HARDER to see they are. I mean you're basically blind to anything under 3ft tall and within 4 or 5 feet of your back bumper. dogs and cats will get out of the way of a backing up car. little kids don't seem to notice. it's terrifying, and you have to be very careful. I don't drive trucks, but I HAVE driven them and the blind spots are just bigger for them. I believe this was probably an accident, and I can't imagine how much of a nightmare this must be to the Heap family.

TigerJ
04-16-2017, 06:32 AM
I certainly don't know enough to pronounce judgment of any kind. Obviously, this will affect Heap the rest of his life. Also it serves as a reminder to everyone with small kids in his own family or as neighbors, if they are outside to be aware of where they are when in control of a moving vehicle. Tragic!

Forward_Lateral
04-16-2017, 08:31 AM
I certainly don't know enough to pronounce judgment of any kind. Obviously, this will affect Heap the rest of his life. Also it serves as a reminder to everyone with small kids in his own family or as neighbors, if they are outside to be aware of where they are when in control of a moving vehicle. Tragic!

Amen. Such a tragedy that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. I couldn't even imagine.

Ed
04-16-2017, 10:18 AM
I have 2-year old twin daughters and I can't even imagine what he must be going through right now. It's just sickening to think about. I don't think I could live with myself or ever recover. Hopefully she didn't suffer and that family can eventually find peace somehow.

Yasgur's Farm
04-16-2017, 10:24 AM
how fast does it take to drive over a 3 year old IDIOT.. you think he did it on purpose? you think a ****ing Kia going 3 miles an hour over a baby would kill it? you this ****ing stupid? I swear to god Morons like you should be banned from these forums.?Lighten up PT... No need for name calling.

ICRockets
04-16-2017, 11:44 AM
how fast does it take to drive over a 3 year old IDIOT?

Presumably the same speed that it takes to drive over a smart one. Well, maybe 2 MPH slower.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Presumably the same speed that it takes to drive over a smart one. Well, maybe 2 MPH slower.

I see what ya did there

mdcas22
04-16-2017, 03:14 PM
who was watching the child? a 3 year old shouldn't be left alone anytime.

PrimeTime
04-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Lighten up PT... No need for name calling.
he deserved it

stuckincincy
04-17-2017, 12:31 AM
he deserved it

If you want something to be indignant about, here you go:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/04/13/deters-provide-update-jamie-urton-death-investigation/100411564/

"There was a racial element to the Walnut Hills street slaying of Jamie Urton on March 24, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said.

In a news conference Thursday, Deters said the killing of the 44-year-old Cincinnati Association for the Blind employee was caught on video. However, that video was not shown to the press.

The incident began when Urton struck a 4-year-old child with his vehicle on Kenton Street. Deters said Urton was going to lunch with his passenger.

"The kid ran between cars and got hit," Deters said. "[Urton's] view was totally blocked."

Deters said the video shows that instead of checking on his son's well-being, Jamall Killings went to car, opened Urton's door and began beating him.

"You'd think his first instinct would be to run to see the 4-year-old," Deters said. "No, his first instinct was to run to the car and start beating the driver."

Then Deters said Deonte Baber, 25, approached Urton's African-American passenger and told him, "get out of here, you're black." Baber then began shooting, firing five rounds, according to Deters. The Hamilton County Coroner said Urton was struck in the left thigh and bled out.

Both Baber and Killings have been charged with murder. Killings turned himself in and after some resistance is cooperating with police, Deters said. Baber is still at-large. The reward for information leading to Baber's capture totals $7,500.

"It is disgusting to see something like this happen. It is, for somebody to be targeted – and I’ve had it the other way, where I’ve had black people targeted because of their race, and I don’t care which way it goes... it's disgusting," Deters said.

Deters said the reason that ethnic intimidation has not been added as a charge against Baber and Killings is that it's only a misdemeanor. "If there was any way I could have sought the death penalty in this case, I would have," Deters said.

On New Year's Day, a prominent attorney was also shot while driving on Kenton Street during what police called a gun battle. Deters said Urton, unfortunately, stopped in a bad neighborhood.

"In that neighborhood, I wouldn't have stopped," Deters said. "I would have driven to the police department." Deters said that the surveillance video showing the incident would not be released to the media.

"This is on video, which we will not be releasing. Back in the old day, before you guys all sued me, I probably would have played it," Deters said. "But now that you've set the table, we're not playing it."

911 calls in Walnut Hills fatal shooting of Mason man: 'They just blazed him'"...

I'm sure this beating and murder isn't widely known. But if it was a black getting beaten and murdered by whites, the CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC crowd would be howling for days. Tacitly encouraging the window smashing, protests, looting, torchings, rock throwing, etc., by the special folks., wringing their hands in anguish at the "plight.".

BTW, the child that ran out unattended by the "father" suffered NO harm.

Skooby
04-17-2017, 03:41 AM
Sorry to hear, what does this have to do with the Buffalo Bills again ??? Nothing. Wrong forum.

DraftBoy
04-17-2017, 07:18 AM
Tragic loss of life. I can't even imagine.

I was driving home yesterday in my neighborhood and had two boys not much older than this little girl run into the street chasing a ball they were playing with. I was able to stop and avoid getting too close to them but the Dad came running out of the house and once he realized what almost happened he apologized profusely and thanked me for not speeding down the hill we live on. Everyday people come down that hill going 30-40 mph when they should be doing 10-15. One day something tragic is going to happen if the HOA doesn't install speed bumps soon.

Luisito23
04-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear, what does this have to do with the Buffalo Bills again ??? Nothing. Wrong forum.

Of all the trash threads that you spam here with, you're the last person that should be complaining.

ICRockets
04-17-2017, 10:02 AM
If you want something to be indignant about, here you go:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/04/13/deters-provide-update-jamie-urton-death-investigation/100411564/

"There was a racial element to the Walnut Hills street slaying of Jamie Urton on March 24, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said.

In a news conference Thursday, Deters said the killing of the 44-year-old Cincinnati Association for the Blind employee was caught on video. However, that video was not shown to the press.

The incident began when Urton struck a 4-year-old child with his vehicle on Kenton Street. Deters said Urton was going to lunch with his passenger.

"The kid ran between cars and got hit," Deters said. "[Urton's] view was totally blocked."

Deters said the video shows that instead of checking on his son's well-being, Jamall Killings went to car, opened Urton's door and began beating him.

"You'd think his first instinct would be to run to see the 4-year-old," Deters said. "No, his first instinct was to run to the car and start beating the driver."

Then Deters said Deonte Baber, 25, approached Urton's African-American passenger and told him, "get out of here, you're black." Baber then began shooting, firing five rounds, according to Deters. The Hamilton County Coroner said Urton was struck in the left thigh and bled out.

Both Baber and Killings have been charged with murder. Killings turned himself in and after some resistance is cooperating with police, Deters said. Baber is still at-large. The reward for information leading to Baber's capture totals $7,500.

"It is disgusting to see something like this happen. It is, for somebody to be targeted – and I’ve had it the other way, where I’ve had black people targeted because of their race, and I don’t care which way it goes... it's disgusting," Deters said.

Deters said the reason that ethnic intimidation has not been added as a charge against Baber and Killings is that it's only a misdemeanor. "If there was any way I could have sought the death penalty in this case, I would have," Deters said.

On New Year's Day, a prominent attorney was also shot while driving on Kenton Street during what police called a gun battle. Deters said Urton, unfortunately, stopped in a bad neighborhood.

"In that neighborhood, I wouldn't have stopped," Deters said. "I would have driven to the police department." Deters said that the surveillance video showing the incident would not be released to the media.

"This is on video, which we will not be releasing. Back in the old day, before you guys all sued me, I probably would have played it," Deters said. "But now that you've set the table, we're not playing it."

911 calls in Walnut Hills fatal shooting of Mason man: 'They just blazed him'"...

I'm sure this beating and murder isn't widely known. But if it was a black getting beaten and murdered by whites, the CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC crowd would be howling for days. Tacitly encouraging the window smashing, protests, looting, torchings, rock throwing, etc., by the special folks., wringing their hands in anguish at the "plight.".

BTW, the child that ran out unattended by the "father" suffered NO harm.

Have you found a topic you can't callously politicize yet? A little girl is dead. This is neither the time nor place to spread your racist ****.

PrimeTime
04-17-2017, 10:17 AM
Have you found a topic you can't callously politicize yet? A little girl is dead. This is neither the time nor place to spread your racist ****.

Agreed

Yasgur's Farm
04-17-2017, 11:11 AM
he deserved itYour opinion... But you violated the TOS agreement to make your point... LIGHTEN UP.

The last buffalo fan
04-17-2017, 11:20 AM
:pray:

swiper
04-17-2017, 12:13 PM
Your opinion... But you violated the TOS agreement to make your point... LIGHTEN UP.

Leave him alone. I hear he's a big EJ Manuel fan, just like you!

ckg927
04-17-2017, 12:17 PM
he deserved it

The HELL he does, idiot. The guy's going through enough pain right now as it is, along with the rest of his family....and who knows if he'll ever fully recover mentally.

You're a mean one, Mr. PT. That's all I've got to say about that.

swiper
04-17-2017, 12:28 PM
The HELL he does, idiot. The guy's going through enough pain right now as it is, along with the rest of his family....and who knows if he'll ever fully recover mentally.

Umm. I think you may want to go back and read the thread before you comment. I believe the poster Primetime was referring to another poster herein and not Mr. Heap.

Dr. Lecter
04-17-2017, 12:29 PM

he was referring to TD, not Heap

feldspar
04-17-2017, 03:01 PM
It takes a message board to get into an argument on this topic in any way, shape, or form...

Accidents happen, and this happens to be among the worst kind. Nothing more to it. A rare form of endless torture for Heap, I would imagine...and I don't even want to think about it.

I say wish Heap the best in some way, or don't say anything. Now is not the time...also, it will NEVER be the time...

Gotta leave it alone. Could not be more private...can't imagine the media vulture who tried to "reach out to him for comment." WTF is that?

JoeMama
04-17-2017, 03:16 PM
I doubt his marriage will survive this. It was an accident but some things are too terrible to get past. Feel sorry for him

Ditto.

As if it's not horrific enough to outlive your child, knowing you're accidentally responsible for it must be a crippling weight on your mind. I don't even know how you begin to process that.

Marriages go through some very exaggerated emotions after the loss of a child. The divorce rate is likely very high under these circumstances.

JoeMama
04-17-2017, 03:23 PM
When my little sister passed away from a form of meningitis, my mother combusted in a way I've never witnessed since. My dad stepped up to hold the family together.

My mother has never been the same. I doubt she'll ever fully heal. Nor would I expect her to.

swiper
04-17-2017, 05:08 PM
It takes a message board to get into an argument on this topic in any way, shape, or form...

Accidents happen, and this happens to be among the worst kind. Nothing more to it. A rare form of endless torture for Heap, I would imagine...and I don't even want to think about it.

I say wish Heap the best in some way, or don't say anything. Now is not the time...also, it will NEVER be the time...

Gotta leave it alone. Could not be more private...can't imagine the media vulture who tried to "reach out to him for comment." WTF is that?

Well said Feldy.

stuckincincy
04-17-2017, 09:35 PM

Er, I was responding to the fellow who attacked another poster about his callousness.

Politics? I oppose the politics of the MSM who glorifies these thugs to stoke racial disharmony.

You know as well as I do, how the MSM plays their (profitable) game. You know as well as I do, how the former occupant of the White House fanned the flames for craven purpose.

There's your racist ****.

ICRockets
04-18-2017, 08:43 AM
You know as well as I do, how the former occupant of the White House fanned the flames for craven purpose.

No, I know that this is idiotic and racist. I'm no fan of Barack Obama, but to suggest he did anything to purposefully stoke racism is just flat out ignorant.

Skooby
04-18-2017, 08:54 AM
Of all the trash threads that you spam here with, you're the last person that should be complaining.
Just saying.

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 09:01 AM

https://media.tenor.co/images/6a207337ff44e92f8dd167f2d99bca6b/tenor.gif

Well said.

There's no reason to pile on Todd Heap. He wasn't impaired in any way. And there's no greater pain than burying your own child, let alone feeling responsible for her death.

I would be sorely tempted to eat the barrel of a gun if this had happened to me. This is literally the worst thing a person can live through.