PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Bills - QB Visits Have Convinced Many In The Media

Night Train
04-17-2017, 06:35 PM
Now Albert Breer is speculating the Bills are very serious at QB. Feeding the frenzy.

TT gets a new 1 and done contract. Vet backup who knows the O signed. Cardale still here and needs a look. 2018 QB class looks really good. New coach has a D background. We will still run the ball. A lot.

Yes. That screams QB. Believers are starting to line up.

Pushing down a more desired player to #10 or prompting a phone call. I think the phone call to trade down ranks #1 on their list, with only 6 picks.

That was the whole purpose of the well publicized McDermott/Pegula QB tour...in addition to talking to other players from those colleges.

I still remember reading a a scout report in December, calling this class of QB's a bunch of projects in a weak class. Now the lipstick and hot dresses have been applied. They are sexy and teams get desperate.

Pick the right ringtone (Dream On by Aerosmith) and turn it up. That phone should ring.

BillsImpossible
04-17-2017, 06:53 PM
I thought Doug Whaley was "in love," with DeShaun Watson?

Remember that story?

That was a horrible attempt at trying to convince other teams that DeShaun Watson is worthy of a 1st round pick.

If Doug Whaley really is "in love," with DeShaun Watson, every other GM in the league is saying what?

"Don't draft DeShaun Watson!"

Mace
04-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Now Albert Breer is speculating the Bills are very serious at QB. Feeding the frenzy.

TT gets a new 1 and done contract. Vet backup who knows the O signed. Cardale still here and needs a look. 2018 QB class looks really good. New coach has a D background. We will still run the ball. A lot.

Pushing down a more desired player to #10 or prompting a phone call. I think the phone call to trade down ranks #1 on their list, with only 6 picks.

That was the whole purpose of the well publicized McDermott/Pegula QB tour...in addition to talking to other players from those colleges.

I still remember reading a a scout report in December, calling this class of QB's a bunch of projects in a weak class. Now the lipstick and hot dresses have been applied. They are sexy and teams get desperate.

Pick the right ringtone (Dream On by Aerosmith) and turn it up. That phone should ring.

I sure hope you're right, I want a trade down.

This will say a lot about McDermott's influence and power. Whaley on his own gets caught up in himself and tries to dazzle with trading up. A Whaley trying to prove himself is going to veer harder in that direction. I like to think McDermott comes across as a methodical long view guy in contrast.

You'd think McDermott is looking pretty influential. I sure hope so.

stuckincincy
04-17-2017, 10:24 PM

In their 57 year existence, they've drafted 3 notables:

Lamonica in '63. Traded him for WR Art Powell and QB Tom Flores in 1966.

Ferguson in 1973.

Kelly in 1983, who spurned them for two years.

I'm willing to accept any and all outside opinions about BUF QB picks.

Skooby
04-17-2017, 10:43 PM
34 years ago we drafted a franchise QB, what makes you think we'd even know what one looks like ??

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 08:55 AM
If hosting/visiting 6 QBs is a smokescreen, that's a pretty elaborate smokescreen.

It's a pretty weak draft for QBs. I'd sooner procrastinate until next season when the QB class is expected to be much deeper.