2. San Francisco - QB Mitch Turbisky, UNC
3. Chicago - S Jamal Adams, LSU
4. Jacksonville - DT Soloman Thomas. Stanford
5. Tennessee - CB Marcus Lattimore, Ohio State
6. NY Jets - QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson
7. LA Chargers - WR John Ross, Washington
8. Carolina - DE Derek Barnett, Tennessee
9. Cincinnati - S Malik Hooker, Ohio State

It's draft night and your on the clock as the Buffalo Bills. The first nine picks are in as above and you have a decision make, you can either sit tight and make your pick here or you have a call from Tampa Bay to trade down to #19.

Tampa is offering:
#19, 2017 3rd (#84), 2017 5th (#162), and 2018 2nd
for
#10 and 2018 5th

Do you go down nine spots to pick up two additional picks or do you stay put and make your pick?

Also who are you targeting at either #10 or #19?

SpikedLemonade
04-18-2017, 11:22 AM
I don't trust Bills management with a trade down.

OpIv37
04-18-2017, 11:41 AM
I don't trust Bills management with a trade down.

Yeah but do you really trust them with the #10? I don't.

I haven't paid enough attention to know who I'd target but I'd take the trade down in a heartbeat.

Ginger Vitis
04-18-2017, 12:00 PM
I accept the Bucs offer and hope Haason Reddick and Jabril Peppers and david Njoku are all available or at least one of those 3 are available.. If terry Pegula made me stay at 10.. id draft jonathan Allen

cookie G
04-18-2017, 12:04 PM
They can give me their 2nd round pick if they want to move up.

Using the traditional draft value chart..it works out about that way.

425 difference between 10 and 19

their 2nd round pick is valued at 390.

If they refuse, I'll stay at 10.

At 19...

If Mahomes is there, I'd take him. ITs a risk, but there is an equal amount of risk in saying 2 years from now, "We should have taken him".

If he's not,

Corey Davis (assuming he checks out medically)
Mike Williams
Ryan Ramczyk

IF Mahomes or Ramczyck ends up being the pick, I'm looking for Zay Jones in the 2nd, but I'm not sure he's going to be there. Godwin from Penn St. is another possibility.

Desmond King is the first choice with the 51st pick.

Ed
04-18-2017, 12:12 PM
I'd probably accept the trade. At #19 I would hope to get one of the following, in order of preference:

1. TE OJ Howard
2. WR Corey Davis
3. WR Mike Williams
4. LB Reuben Foster
5. LB Haason Reddick

If Obi Melifonwu could play OLB in our D then he's a guy that really intrigues me too. If none of those five are available I probably take the best CB, or try to trade back again and stockpile more picks. I'm not a fan of this OL class, so I wouldn't target any of them in the first.

Mouldsie
04-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Trade down

EDS
04-18-2017, 01:15 PM
I would definitely trade down.

Historian
04-18-2017, 02:07 PM
We need the picks.

YardRat
04-18-2017, 04:59 PM
Trade down...Zach Cunningham at #19.

Night Train
04-18-2017, 05:04 PM
Trade down...Zach Cunningham at #19.

Yup..or a good secondary guy...or a WR. The extra picks gives the Bills so much flexibility.

TigerJ
04-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Easiest choice in a poll that we've had in a while.

Mace
04-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Agree with Yardrat. Trade down, Cunningham. That would make me very happy.

DraftBoy
04-18-2017, 07:28 PM
Easiest choice in a poll that we've had in a while.

Wait till the next one...

Mr. Cynical
04-18-2017, 07:30 PM
Down down down. They have proven to miss on the big picks more often than not, so play the percentages and pick more guys.

BillsImpossible
04-18-2017, 07:41 PM
I'd LOVE to be the Bills GM. I might get there someday.

It's so easy to say trade down and get the extra picks.

IF they do trade down, that 2nd rounder should be this year, not 2018.

Right? Hmmmm.....

If there's a player on the board that McDermott really wants and knows he won't be there at 19, he's going to draft that player.

It's going to be Sean McDermott's choice. The Bills will say it was a "consensus," pick but we all know that's crap.

Will Jabrill Peppers, Corey Davis, or Mike Williams be on the board at 19?

I think McDermott wants Peppers at 10 but is willing to trade down if the price is right. He might have to "settle" for Davis or Williams.

Trade down, but only if the 2nd round pick from the Bucs or whoever is this year ???

Bills need the the picks now, not 2018, right ???

That 2nd round pick could come in handy in 2018 if the Bills want to trade up for a QB.

No, wait. Dennison is going to make Tyrod Taylor a superstar in his offense.

On second thought, screw it. Draft the best player available.

If Fournette's on the board at 10, I'd draft him and cut Shady's shady ass after June 1st.

Yeh, I said that.

Bills need a running back that can run against the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots. Shady can't do that like he used to.

29 year old running back making $8 million? Bye Bye!

Leonard Fournette at 10.

Bills fans, and Bill Belichick will be very upset.

You want to pass in the NFL? You have to learn how to run against your divisional opponents first.

Unless you're Tom Brady, he gets a pass by default.

BillsImpossible
04-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Down down down. They have proven to miss on the big picks more often than not, so play the percentages and pick more guys.

More spins, or hit big bucks?

More spins equals potentially more whammies.

Will the Bills press their luck?

What luck!

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 07:53 PM
I'd LOVE to be the Bills GM. I might get there someday.

It's so easy to say trade down and get the extra picks.

IF they do trade down, that 2nd rounder should be this year, not 2018.

Right? Hmmmm.....

If there's a player on the board that McDermott really wants and knows he won't be there at 19, he's going to draft that player.

It's going to be Sean McDermott's choice. The Bills will say it was a "consensus," pick but we all know that's crap.

Will Jabrill Peppers, Corey Davis, or Mike Williams be on the board at 19?

I think McDermott wants Peppers at 10 but is willing to trade down if the price is right. He might have to "settle" for Davis or Williams.

Trade down, but only if the 2nd round pick from the Bucs or whoever is this year ???

Bills need the the picks now, not 2018, right ???

That 2nd round pick could come in handy in 2018 if the Bills want to trade up for a QB.

No, wait. Dennison is going to make Tyrod Taylor a superstar in his offense.

On second thought, screw it. Draft the best player available.

If Fournette's on the board at 10, I'd draft him and cut Shady's shady ass after June 1st.

Yeh, I said that.

Bills need a running back that can run against the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots. Shady can't do that like he used to.

29 year old running back making $8 million? Bye Bye!

Leonard Fournette at 10.

Bills fans, and Bill Belichick will be very upset.

You want to pass in the NFL? You have to learn how to run against your divisional opponents first.

Unless you're Tom Brady, he gets a pass by default.

I think Peppers has just as high a ceiling as the guys ahead of him. Anybody who plays like Antoine Smith is my kinda DB. I'd love to get him, but I'd rather trade back to 19 and roll the dice he'll still be there.

BillsImpossible
04-18-2017, 08:04 PM
I think Peppers has just as high a ceiling as the guys ahead of him. Anybody who plays like Antoine Smith is my kinda DB. I'd love to get him, but I'd rather trade back to 19 and roll the dice he'll still be there.

I just did a search for Antoine Smith and all it came up with were links to former Bills running back, Antowain Smith.

Antoine or Antowain?

:zonelunch

Or was it Antone Smith?

This is confusing.

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 08:11 PM
Oh **** I derped.

I meant Antoine Winfield. I posted about him earlier today yet I can't remember it now?

Me doing a Freudian slip with Antowain Smith is clearly me subconsciously wishing it was still 1997.

BillsImpossible
04-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Oh **** I derped.

I meant Antoine Winfield. I posted about him earlier today yet I can't remember it now?

Me doing a Freudian slip with Antowain Smith is clearly me subconsciously wishing it was still 1997.

1997. Senior year of HS. Bill Clinton was President of the United States and the times were booming.

So much fun! Driving out to OP on a Saturday night, my friends see a camp fire in the RV lot and the next thing you know we're all drinking beer with a guy from Boston cooking "lobsta," and partying until the wee hours of the morning around a fire with complete strangers.

I don't remember exactly how that happened, but it happened.

I don't even remember the game on Sunday, but I will always remember that awesome night as a kid.

20 years later I'm still a proud Bills fan and support my team.

Winfield was probably the best tackling defensive back I've ever seen play for the Bills.

Jabrill Peppers is an excellent tackler.

I'm torn between a potentially great player in Peppers and a potentially great player in Foursette.

If the Bills cut Shady after June 1st, the Bills save $6.25 million in cap space.

http://overthecap.com/player/lesean-mccoy/761/

His dead cap hit after June 1st is $2.65 million, and that is the same number in 2018 and 2019.

I lean more towards Foursette because he would be 1 of the Big 3....

QB, RB, WR....

Think of Tyrod as essentially a rookie in 2015, and a sophomore in 2016.

He has the potential to have a great junior year in 2017.

He COULD (and I stress COULD) be the 1.

The 2 is the RB. Who would you rather have, Shady for $8 million or Foursette for a rookie contract?

The 3 is Sammy. If Watkins can stay healthy, he's already proven that he can be great.

BillsImpossible
04-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Touchdown, Bills.

TacklingDummy
04-18-2017, 09:19 PM
I trade up with the Jags and take Thomas.

BillsImpossible
04-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Who is this, "Thomas," you speak of, Sir TacklingDummy?

TacklingDummy
04-18-2017, 09:35 PM
Who is this, "Thomas," you speak of, Sir TacklingDummy?

Soloman And Gomorrah.

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 10:00 PM
1997. Senior year of HS. Bill Clinton was President of the United States and the times were booming.

So much fun! Driving out to OP on a Saturday night, my friends see a camp fire in the RV lot and the next thing you know we're all drinking beer with a guy from Boston cooking "lobsta," and partying until the wee hours of the morning around a fire with complete strangers.

I don't remember exactly how that happened, but it happened.

I don't even remember the game on Sunday, but I will always remember that awesome night as a kid.

20 years later I'm still a proud Bills fan and support my team.

Winfield was probably the best tackling defensive back I've ever seen play for the Bills.

Jabrill Peppers is an excellent tackler.

I'm torn between a potentially great player in Peppers and a potentially great player in Foursette.

If the Bills cut Shady after June 1st, the Bills save $6.25 million in cap space.

http://overthecap.com/player/lesean-mccoy/761/

His dead cap hit after June 1st is $2.65 million, and that is the same number in 2018 and 2019.

I lean more towards Foursette because he would be 1 of the Big 3....

QB, RB, WR....

Think of Tyrod as essentially a rookie in 2015, and a sophomore in 2016.

He has the potential to have a great junior year in 2017.

He COULD (and I stress COULD) be the 1.

The 2 is the RB. Who would you rather have, Shady for $8 million or Foursette for a rookie contract?

The 3 is Sammy. If Watkins can stay healthy, he's already proven that he can be great.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BillsImpossible again."

90s were the days, man.

Like you I love Jabril Peppers.

I'm not so sure about Leonard Fournette. I question his desire to play at the next level (similar to Karlos Willliams) because of his weight. A 240lb RB can only be a role player in the NFL. Not franchise RB. That's a big red flag for me.

Especially with guys like Dalvin Cook and Christian McCaffrey just sitting there after him. I think both those guys hit it big in the NFL.

BillsImpossible
04-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Soloman And Gomorrah.

I like King Solomon in the 2nd round, and Gomorrah in the 6th.

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 10:06 PM
I like King Solomon in the 2nd round, and Gomorrah in the 6th.

I'd like to add Cake and Sodomy in the 3rd and 4th respectively.

BillsImpossible
04-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Rape in the 4th and Murder in the 5th (from New England).

Skooby
04-19-2017, 02:34 AM
We need the picks.

This and take Corey Davis @19.

Night Train
04-19-2017, 06:01 AM
BTW, why would Tampa trade up ? What position are they targeting ?

DraftBoy
04-19-2017, 06:51 AM
BTW, why would Tampa trade up ? What position are they targeting ?

TE reportedly and they love them some OJ Howard.

psubills62
04-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Overall, I think drafting in the 10-15 range sucks. I hate it because you tend to get much lower value than the rest of the first round. It's a relatively high pick, but by that point all the elite talents are gone.

In this case, Hooker is a guy I'd love to have - that kind of athleticism and ball skills are special in this league. But he's going to be long gone.

GarnOFreak
04-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Tell that to Jerome Bettis and Ironhead Heyward....I mean for big backs that run over people.

Mouldsie
04-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Fournette weighs 228 lbs currently