PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Doug Whaley rated worst GM in the league by Rotoworld

WagonCircler
04-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Just sayin'

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/buffalo_bills_doug_whaley_listed_as_worst_gm_in_league_by_rotoworld.html

streetkings01
04-18-2017, 01:02 PM
He's far from the worst GM in the NFL........middle of the pack.

psubills62
04-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Surprised no mention of the trades he's pulled off. Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes and Kiko Alonso for Lesean McCoy.

jimmifli
04-18-2017, 01:11 PM
He's definitely in the bottom 30 or so.

Mouldsie
04-18-2017, 01:15 PM
oomph

Historian
04-18-2017, 02:24 PM
This is silly.

He's done a few good things, and he's made some mistakes.

What I like about him, is that he keeps his options open, and isn't afraid to pull the trigger. Something people on these boards criticize the Sabres for.

He's in the middle of the pack, but he can be a great one some day, as long as he learns from his mistakes.

I'm not for firing GMs at the drop of a hat, because to me, that means an entire change of philosophy and rebuild.

The Bills have done enough of that in the last twenty years.

Let's see how he handles this draft, and more importantly, how he and the new Coach work together. (You almost can't fault him for disliking the Ryans)

If the infighting continues, and he can't find a QB in the next year or so, perhaps then you make a change.

Until then, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, because A, He's been saddled with dealing with Brandon, B, He's had to deal with Dumb and Dumber, and C, the last 17 years did not happen on his watch.

Man....it's a lucky thing there was no internet when Stew Barber was GM....otherwise there may not be a team here, lol.

SpikedLemonade
04-18-2017, 02:27 PM
He is a handsome man and Kim still has a use for him.

jimmifli
04-18-2017, 02:34 PM
This is silly.

What I like about him, is that he keeps his options open, and isn't afraid to pull the trigger. Something people on these boards criticize the Sabres for.

He's in the middle of the pack, but he can be a great one some day, as long as he learns from his mistakes.

I'm not for firing GMs at the drop of a hat, because to me, that means an entire change of philosophy and rebuild.

Let's see how he handles this draft, and more importantly, how he and the new Coach work together. (You almost can't fault him for disliking the Ryans)

If the infighting continues, and he can't find a QB in the next year or so, perhaps then you make a change.

Until then, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, because A, He's been saddled with dealing with Brandon, B, He's had to deal with Dumb and Dumber, and C, the last 17 years did not happen on his watch.

Man....it's a lucky thing there was no internet when Stew Barber was GM....otherwise there may not be a team here, lol.
Good points. I've changed my mind, he's definitely in the top 30 or so.

Historian
04-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Good points. I've changed my mind, he's definitely in the top 30 or so.

How many yards deep is your end zone?

Cali512
04-18-2017, 02:49 PM
He is a handsome man and Kim still has a use for him.

You still sound like a fat unattractive man. Steve Bannon esque

jimmifli
04-18-2017, 02:49 PM
How many yards deep is your end zone?

Are you hitting on me?

Cali512
04-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Are you hitting on me?

He must've heard the bills philosophy wrong

We want to pound the "rock

justasportsfan
04-18-2017, 03:28 PM
Did they mention that EJ was Nix's pick and the Rex was Pegulas pick?

streetkings01
04-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Did they mention that EJ was Nix's pick and the Rex was Pegulas pick?No........they pointed out that EJ was Whaley's guy even tho we know it was Nix that pulled the trigger. I think we would've been better off with Whaley's original pick of Hue Jackson instead Rex.

SpikedLemonade
04-18-2017, 05:08 PM
You still sound like a fat unattractive man. Steve Bannon esque

My GOD, if only you truly understood how much your opinion of me means so much to me.

Now shut up and go change a diaper.

Night Train
04-18-2017, 05:46 PM
He's been replaced by our new coach. Nothing but a glorified scout these days and may be replaced soon.

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Good, Whaley deserves to be dead last or near enough that makes no matter.

We don't have enough talent to make the playoffs yet our cap space is nearly maxed out...

Great job!

SpikedLemonade
04-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Good, Whaley deserves to be dead or near enough that makes no matter.

We don't have enough talent to make the playoffs yet our cap space is nearly maxed out...

Great job!

That is what Kim said.

swiper
04-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Just sayin'

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/buffalo_bills_doug_whaley_listed_as_worst_gm_in_league_by_rotoworld.html

LOL. I read this at lunchtime and thought of you.

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 06:22 PM
LOL. I read this at lunchtime and thought of you.

The only thing that could be more WagonCircler at its core is if we found an article that proves Trend Edwards is the worst QB in NFL history.

swiper
04-18-2017, 06:27 PM
This is silly.

Could not disagree more. His missteps are well documented. And at this point even the very most optimistic person can only say he's drafted a couple of defenders and got lucky on a couple of low-level free agents. The offense has gotten worse on his watch, if that's even possible.

He wants sleek, black athletes. He refuses to draft tough, white trenchmen that can play football. Good teams have a mixture of both.

The sooner they cut bait with him the better. He's terrible on a Stew Barber level. Or worse. If that is possible. The key is to find the right guy to fill his shoes BEFORE you pull the trigger on dumping him.

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Could not disagree more. His missteps are well documented. And at this point even the very most optimistic person can only say he's drafted a couple of defenders and got lucky on a couple of low-level free agents. The offense has gotten worse on his watch, if that's even possible.

He wants sleek, black athletes. He refuses to draft tough, white trenchmen that can play football. Good teams have a mixture of both.

The sooner they cut bait with him the better. He's terrible on a Stew Barber level. Or worse. If that is possible. The key is to find the right guy to fill his shoes BEFORE you pull the trigger on dumping him.

Ain't nothing wrong with a roster mottled with some scrappy white dudes.

We're not obsolete yet!

Mace
04-18-2017, 07:25 PM
I still think Whaley has no business being a GM. He's a pro personnel guy and in over his head.

They have an expensive 7-9 roster overloaded on temp fa's, the young talent is brittle and perpetual maybe, the foundation thin. He's on his third full time coach and the team has gone through three coaching philosophies on players, meaning he doesn't even have his own plan.

For a guy clearly focused on his appearance, he can't navigate public speaking. That, to me is Whaley in a nutshell. All style no substance. Like Brandon.

justasportsfan
04-18-2017, 07:32 PM
No........they pointed out that EJ was Whaley's guy even tho we know it was Nix that pulled the trigger. I think we would've been better off with Whaley's original pick of Hue Jackson instead Rex.

I agree 10000000 %

stuckincincy
04-18-2017, 10:13 PM
Pegs should follow the B'gals' owner's model.

With his atrocious teams in the 90's and the early 00's he named himself President and GM. He paid himself for those two positions, and then deducted them as labor expense to the business, reducing the tax burden to he, the owner.

Eliminated the GM title eventually, turning over the duties to his brother, Pete. But his daughter Katie effectively runs things now.

Klaista2k
04-18-2017, 10:41 PM
I tried telling people years ago that Whaley sucked and BBMB mods literally banned me for it!

Said I was trolling... unreal.

Skooby
04-19-2017, 02:25 AM
This is silly.

I want to be very clear here, Whaley has been part of the problem ongoing and the good ole' boys club (Bills & Sabres) they have going wins just enough to stay relative. Pegula has had the Sabres for 6 years with very high draft picks and missed the last 6 playoffs, while just regressing. You guys see a gifted talent evaluator in Whaley, I see a clueless / lucky scout who's a good talker.

Bringing the same people back in charge and expecting a different result is the owner's fault, blame falling squarely on team Pegula's shoulders. It's going to get worse & the Bills will stay uncompetitive for profits as well as winning until this changes. See the Cubs on how to break a losing streak, hire out for the best man at all costs. Right now, we have no man.

Mouldsie
04-19-2017, 09:53 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with a roster mottled with some scrappy white dudes.

We're not obsolete yet!

I'm also fine with some white athletes or scrappy black guys

JoeMama
04-19-2017, 10:03 PM
I'm also fine with some white athletes or scrappy black guys

Or the rarest of them all, a 'high-motor' black guy.

It's funny how many racial stereotypes are baked into sport evaluations.

endzone
04-19-2017, 10:08 PM
Just sayin'

When he poses for a picture he looks phony! That tells a story. He's over his head as a true NFL GM. He meets the Rooney rule criteria and is a great scout.

Turf
04-19-2017, 10:15 PM
I want to be very clear here, Whaley has been part of the problem ongoing and the good ole' boys club (Bills & Sabres) they have going wins just enough to stay relative. Pegula has had the Sabres for 6 years with very high draft picks and missed the last 6 playoffs, while just regressing. You guys see a gifted talent evaluator in Whaley, I see a clueless / lucky scout who's a good talker.

Bringing the same people back in charge and expecting a different result is the owner's fault, blame falling squarely on team Pegula's shoulders. It's going to get worse & the Bills will stay uncompetitive for profits as well as winning until this changes. See the Cubs on how to break a losing streak, hire out for the best man at all costs. Right now, we have no man.

Did I miss something? Whaley's a good talker? He's an imbecile and a really bad liar. Like his denial about knowing anything about Rex. Dude is not a good talker. He's a scout that shouldn't be a GM.

stuckincincy
04-19-2017, 11:19 PM
Whaley exists because he fits their business model. They won't axe him, because his actions agree with the bottom line.

Case closed.

k-oneputt
04-20-2017, 08:10 AM
He's getting axed after the draft.

Really we have a GM that isn't allowed to talk ??????

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2017, 09:01 AM
He's getting axed after the draft.

Really we have a GM that isn't allowed to talk ??????

You may wonder why a team would wait until AFTER the Draft to fire their GM.

The reason is that Kim is trying to squeeze a few more O's from Doug before he leaves Buffalo for good.

Bill Cody
04-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Whaley stinks

sudzy
04-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Did I miss something? Whaley's a good talker? He's an imbecile and a really bad liar. Like his denial about knowing anything about Rex. Dude is not a good talker. He's a scout that shouldn't be a GM.

I agreed with everything you said, except Whaley is no scout. He's good at Pro-personnel, but, his drafts are basically C's at best.

TigerJ
04-22-2017, 05:55 PM
I get the strong impression that the Pegulas were the main drivers behind the hiring of Rex Ryan, which in retrospect was a huge mistake. My guess is that some, Rotoworld included, are probably hanging that on Whaley, and it may not be deserved.