PDA

View Full Version : Jack won't sign extension if Dan Blysma is the coach

Skooby
04-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Stupid management is because the owner is clueless and it's really P-sing off our most talented player, so plan on changes coming or risk losing our recent lottery pick.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/murray-meets-ownership-wednesday

JoeMama
04-19-2017, 11:38 AM
This makes us look more dysfunctional that ever.

On the plus side, if Jack wants Bylsma gone, Bylsma is gone.

JATMtheJATM
04-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Report was denounced by Jack's agent.

Skooby
04-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Reality: Looks there's smoke.

Agent: There's no fire, it's a smokescreen.

Realty: Oh sure.

OpIv37
04-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Doesn't matter if it's true or not. It doesn't bode well for attracting FA's when it looks like the inmates run the asylum.

JATMtheJATM
04-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Reality: Looks there's smoke.

Agent: There's no fire, it's a smokescreen.

Realty: Oh sure.

I think Alot of players dont like playing under bylsma. Doesn't mean jack is forcing anything. Besides. All we have is what's reported. Latest is that report wasnt true. What else do we have to go by?

Skooby
04-20-2017, 02:30 AM
I think Alot of players dont like playing under bylsma. Doesn't mean jack is forcing anything. Besides. All we have is what's reported. Latest is that report wasnt true. What else do we have to go by?
Ever notice that Pegula keeps changes coaches really quickly, like they weren't good choices to begin with ?? So why would the management get a pass for this current merry go round, both on the Bills and Sabres ?? If Jack threatens, Dan Blysma is gone, don't you worry.

JATMtheJATM
04-20-2017, 02:32 AM
Ever notice that Pegula keeps changes coaches really quickly, like they weren't good choices to begin with ?? So why would the management get a pass for this current merry go round, both on the Bills and Sabres ?? If Jack threatens, Dan Blysma is gone, don't you worry.

I'm sure he would be. Except the original report was shot down. So here we are. You can argue would be's all you want. There's no proof the original report was true

Skooby
04-20-2017, 02:33 AM
Doesn't matter if it's true or not. It doesn't bode well for attracting FA's when it looks like the inmates run the asylum.

Who wakes up and says I'd sure like to go to Buffalo ?? Imagine if they hear only good things about the weather and Atlantic Divison cellar dwellers ??

Players complaining be damned, we start behind the 8-ball with 25 years of combined playoff exits between the teams both owned by the same guy. I consider that a common denominator, isn't this all too obvious ?

JATMtheJATM
04-20-2017, 02:41 AM
It would be, if the guy owned the teams for those 25 years

Skooby
04-20-2017, 07:00 AM
It would be, if the guy owned the teams for those 25 years
He's 6 for 6 missing with the Sabres and can't figure out why, even though he's kept the same management around. Go figure right ?

Ginger Vitis
04-20-2017, 07:45 AM
He's 6 for 6 missing with the Sabres and can't figure out why, even though he's kept the same management around. Go figure right ?

Pegula has been a bad owner so far but he hasn't kept the same management around... Even though it hasn't worked he has changed coaches..GMs..Presidents... Keep throwing **** around but I prefer accuracy and facts

And since this is a borderline Jack Eichel thread... Youre the only one who 2 years called Jack Eichel a generational talent... You basically at the time thought he would be as good as McDavid.. And youre the only one who thought that..Hence why you're incredibly disappointed with Jack up until this point.. Do you realize Eichel was 11th in PPG this past season.. In his 2nd year..

Things are playing out exactly how I and others thought..McDavid is arguably the best player in the NHL and Eichel is bordering on Top 10 status and will eventually be in the top 8 maybe top 6.. Yeah it sucks the Sabres lost the lottery 2 years ago but why take your rage over that on Jack

Skooby
04-20-2017, 08:05 AM
Pegula has been a bad owner so far but he hasn't kept the same management around... Even though it hasn't worked he has changed coaches..GMs..Presidents... Keep throwing **** around but I prefer accuracy and facts

And since this is a borderline Jack Eichel thread... Youre the only one who 2 years called Jack Eichel a generational talent... You basically at the time thought he would be as good as McDavid.. And youre the only one who thought that..Hence why you're incredibly disappointed with Jack up until this point.. Do you realize Eichel was 11th in PPG this past season.. In his 2nd year..

Things are playing out exactly how I and others thought..McDavid is arguably the best player in the NHL and Eichel is bordering on Top 10 status and will eventually be in the top 8 maybe top 6.. Yeah it sucks the Sabres lost the lottery 2 years ago but why take your rage over that on Jack
It's a valid point. I am disappointed and rightfully so, fate dealt us a second class hand. I'd always hoped for better but we regressed, it hurts man. Between the Bills and Sabres, the playoffs have been a distant memory. Maybe I am just complaining to hear myself, maybe I'm the messenger that no one wants to hear, either way we have a problem. Dan B. isn't putting us in complete games spots, its period on / period off. There's no consistency, like at all.

The only hope we have with Jack is that his competitive rage raises the team to a higher level, that's what the great ones do. Talking about PPG and stats is nice after the win, scoreboards speak volumes every game night.

Novacane
04-20-2017, 09:52 AM

And Bylsma is gone the next day lol. Sure the report was bs :lol:

Skooby
04-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Common sense slaps people on occasion, JAT means well but it's not easy being green.

JATMtheJATM
04-20-2017, 12:15 PM

I still think it was. The writing was on the wall for bylsma but I certainly don't think jack forced anything

ckg927
04-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Sidney Crosby got tagged with the same coach-killer rep when Bylsma was booted in Pittsburgh, too.

Skooby
04-20-2017, 02:42 PM
I still think it was. The writing was on the wall for bylsma but I certainly don't think jack forced anything
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ....

JATMtheJATM
04-20-2017, 02:44 PM
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ....

Yeah, no. Bylsma getting canned isn't a surprise. It didn't come out of the blue. I'm gonna defer to jacks statement as the truth as opposed to a baseless report

coastal
04-20-2017, 04:22 PM
Don't care at this point.. structure a winning organization with great hockey people and not one run by an autistic weirdo who only set things up for a tank.

the rest... including Jack... will take care of itself.

JATMtheJATM
04-20-2017, 05:42 PM
Don't care at this point.. structure a winning organization with great hockey people and not one run by an autistic weirdo who only set things up for a tank.

Which is fine, though I kinda wish you'd chill on the whole autism angle. The problem isn't Murray, but rather pegula. I get the feeling that they felt pressure to make a change, and did so and felt great relief, before then going "now what?"

swiper
04-20-2017, 06:15 PM

Are you saying Murray isn't a good hockey mind?

JATMtheJATM
04-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Are you saying Murray isn't a good hockey mind?

That's the thing, he is. I think he had a clear path, but this past season was a massive bump in the road.

I know alot of fans are not happy about him getting the boot. Bylsma, sure. Murray? Alot of anger out there

Skooby
04-20-2017, 08:38 PM
That's the thing, he is. I think he had a clear path, but this past season was a massive bump in the road.

I know alot of fans are not happy about him getting the boot. Bylsma, sure. Murray? Alot of anger out there
What is wrong with some of you ? Clear path ?? Clear path downward.

coastal
04-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Which is fine, though I kinda wish you'd chill on the whole autism angle. The problem isn't Murray, but rather pegula. I get the feeling that they felt pressure to make a change, and did so and felt great relief, before then going "now what?"
Murray was operating at two pay grades above his skill set.

He's a metrics guy, talent evaluator and class A sh1t taller. At best, he's a Dir of Scouting.

coastal
04-20-2017, 08:55 PM
Are you saying Murray isn't a good hockey mind?whats he ever done with the game?

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2017, 09:16 AM
whats he ever done with the game?

What turn around time do you expect with the new GM? Obviously, someone's going to come in with their own philosophy so some tear down will be needed. Do you think the rebuild just got extended?

coastal
04-21-2017, 11:23 AM
What turn around time do you expect with the new GM? Obviously, someone's going to come in with their own philosophy so some tear down will be needed. Do you think the rebuild just got extended?
No I think it just got sped up... depending on what Pegs does next.

Murray was incompetent.

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2017, 11:30 AM
No I think it just got sped up... depending on what Pegs does next.

Murray was incompetent.

We've argued enough about this. If there's this big of a disconnect between fans, it's probably somewhere in the middle. Time to move on and see what happens now with an open mind.

coastal
04-21-2017, 01:53 PM
We've argued enough about this. If there's this big of a disconnect between fans, it's probably somewhere in the middle. Time to move on and see what happens now with an open mind.

Competent people rarely get fired due to non-performance.

swiper
04-21-2017, 06:42 PM
What would be nice is for the new guy to create viable 3rd and 4th lines. Because the ones the have now are just horrible.

And then there's the defense thing.

And then Murray's insistence the Lehner is a real #1 goaltender.

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2017, 07:22 PM
What would be nice is for the new guy to create viable 3rd and 4th lines. Because the ones the have now are just horrible.

And then there's the defense thing.

And then Murray's insistence the Lehner is a real #1 goaltender.

Hey man, lehner is inconsistent at times, but I think lehner has been real solid for the sabres. I'm not saying its not an area to upgrade if you can, but it's certainly not an immediate concern

Skooby
04-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Hey man, lehner is inconsistent at times, but I think lehner has been real solid for the sabres. I'm not saying its not an area to upgrade if you can, but it's certainly not an immediate concern
Did you really watch any games this year.

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Did you really watch any games this year.

That's rich coming from you if all posters

Skooby
04-21-2017, 09:56 PM
That's rich coming from you if all posters

I lived it, so call me crazy but you didn't.

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2017, 10:16 PM
I lived it, so call me crazy but you didn't.

Your eyes may have seen something, but your brain doesn't understand what it's seeing. That's OK though

Skooby
04-22-2017, 06:10 AM
Your eyes may have seen something, but your brain doesn't understand what it's seeing. That's OK though
Ditto, you being in your 20's really shows through. Stay young and fresh.

JATMtheJATM
04-22-2017, 09:39 AM
Ditto, you being in your 20's really shows through. Stay young and fresh.

I'm not in my 20s

Skooby
04-23-2017, 10:28 AM
I'm not in my 20s

Mentally, yes you are indeed.

JATMtheJATM
04-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Mentally, yes you are indeed.

Im fine with being youthful, if watching the sport makes me that. What's your excuse?

Skooby
04-23-2017, 01:20 PM
Im fine with being youthful, if watching the sport makes me that. What's your excuse?
Hoping for a brighter day in Buffalo sports, it's been pretty dim lately.

JATMtheJATM
04-23-2017, 01:39 PM
Hoping for a brighter day in Buffalo sports, it's been pretty dim lately.

We're all hoping for that