PDA

View Full Version : Camp Report 7/30

Romes
07-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Player of the day - Has to be Tony Driver, he had a total of 5 interceptions on the day, and those aren't in CB drills, they all came in 11 vs. 11 drills. Two of them coming during consecutive plays, courtesy of QB Jason Johnson. Overall the sencondary didn't drop as many passes today, with Pierson Prielou, Ahmad Brooks and Nate Clements also getting a pick each. The safeties appear to be Peirson Prioleau and Coy Wire, with battles going on between Izell Reese, Tony Driver, and the recently signed Ainsely Battles for the safety spot. I am surprised how big Reese looks. Danion Sidney is getting fewer and fewer reps and at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut. It is going to be a pinball machine in the secondary the way Wire, Reese, Prioleau and Clements hit. Coy Wire continues to brandish hands of stone but hits like a rock. Along those lines, Jeff Posey lined up at DE in some drills and dropped back into coverage showing skill. He successfully defended Phil Crosby.more (http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/163461.html)

Looks like Driver really stepped it up today with Battles now in camp. Its also interesting that Sidney is getting less reps. That should be a good sign for McGee and Thomas.

The guys getting reps at KR/PR are Clements/ Antonio Brown/Clarence Coleman/Driver/ Simonton/Bobby Shaw.

Pride
07-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Nice report, thank you!

Brian H
07-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Awesome site too!!!!

Tatonka
07-31-2003, 12:17 AM
mikes report said that driver had 2 picks and the secondary as a whole had 5

07-31-2003, 12:52 AM
I'll beleive Mike-

If Driver haulled down 5 int's then our QBs realy, really suck

Jan Reimers
07-31-2003, 07:12 AM
Apparently Clarence Coleman is making quite an impression, although I don't know if he has a realistic chance of making the team. Does anyone know if he's PS-eligible?