PDA

View Full Version : Now that the DP Fired Murray and Bylsma Will the DP Fire Whaley?

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2017, 09:31 AM
OR just go frack us and go "dig another hole" while the Bills continue to suck under Whaley (just like Kim does)?

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2017, 09:34 AM
"After reviewing the past season and looking at the future of our organization, Kim and I have decided to relieve general manager Tim Murray and head coach Dan Bylsma of their duties," Pegula said in the statement. "We want to thank Tim and Dan for their hard work and efforts that they have put in during their tenures with the club. We wish them luck. We have begun the process to fill these positions immediately."

http://www.tsn.ca/sabres-fire-bylsma-murray-1.729345

Mace
04-20-2017, 09:46 AM
OR just go frack us and go "dig another hole" while the Bills continue to suck under Whaley (just like Kim does)?

Doesn't matter. They'd only replace Whaley with an idiot anyway. For some reason it's just meant to go on and on and on in Buffalo sports. Maybe we spent all our sports karma on the 4 Bandits lacrosse championships and 10 division titles.

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Doesn't matter. They'd only replace Whaley with an idiot anyway. For some reason it's just meant to go on and on and on in Buffalo sports. Maybe we spent all our sports karma on the 4 Bandits lacrosse championships and 10 division titles.

Now you are Talking Proud....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Ive-dRXVo

TigerJ
04-20-2017, 09:57 AM
No. If it was going to happen, it would have happened in January. Early February at the latest.

WagonCircler
04-20-2017, 10:18 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Pegula's have fired the Sabres GM and HC. Don't think that is the only GM they are going to release from his duties</p>— Greg Gabriel (@greggabe) <a href="https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/855069568724852737">April 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2017, 10:23 AM
That is what I am talking about.

AND when hiring a new Bills GM, Kim must not be in the interview.

DesertFox24
04-20-2017, 11:11 AM
I am starting to turn on Whaley.

This restricted Free Agent thing bothers. That said without Whaley we may have never had these guys on our team, so I am sort of stuck on my opinion.

Whaley is average to slightly above average in terms of draft hits, but his trade up for Sammy was not a great idea. Also only drafting one QB has significantly bothered me but that is not so much Whaley as a whole organizational deal.

Since 1983 the bills have drafted 10 QBs. Since 2001 (year after Brady so not counting Brady) the Pats have drafted 8.

Ron Wolfe was famous for saying you draft one every year and if you can flip a decent backup for assets you do it if you have a franchise guy. The league is a passing league and without a QB you will not win, so why do we keep passing on QBs. I am not saying early QBs every year but we should draft one in rounds 1-7 every year.

Hogan and Gillislee should have received a second round tendfer for the extra 700k. Hogan would have probably signed with another team this offseason but would have counted towards UFA lost to help with comp pick formula. With Mike we get a 5th back where we have had some success with RBs but man 700k.

I do not care they both went to the Pats it could have been any other team and this rings true.

I know our cap issues go away next year but there is some serious miscalculations going on.

DesertFox24
04-20-2017, 11:12 AM
That is what I am talking about.

AND when hiring a new Bills GM, Kim must not be in the interview.

Who do you think will own the team when Terry passes away. I say let her in everything so she learns and when that unfortunate day arrives she has learned what it takes.

Cali512
04-20-2017, 11:16 AM
^ if we could keep him as a lead scout and have someone else make the final decisions and contracts I'd be happy

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Who do you think will own the team when Terry passes away. I say let her in everything so she learns and when that unfortunate day arrives she has learned what it takes.
I hope it is sold to another Buffalo area billionaire.

JoeMama
04-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Firing Doug Whaley would feel great - temporarily - until we realize Russ Brandon has seized control of the entire team's decision-making apparatus.

That's when this team truly reaches new depths of failure.

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Firing Doug Whaley would feel great - temporarily - until we realize Russ Brandon has seized control of the entire team's decision-making apparatus.

That's when this team truly reaches new depths of failure.

We can go deeper?

YardRat
04-20-2017, 11:50 AM
Whaley is average to slightly above average in terms of draft hits,

That's pretty generous, IMO he's average to slightly below.

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2017, 05:13 PM
That's pretty generous, IMO he's average to slightly below.

I would place him in the Poor to ****** category.

Night Train
04-20-2017, 05:14 PM
I think his title is superficial. He's basically a scout but nothing will happen until after the draft...if at all.

McDermott is making the selections.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-20-2017, 05:26 PM
We can go deeper?

Russ Brandon makes us like the Matt Millen Detroit Lions, but unlike the Lions owners, the Fords, our ownership group still cannot see how shoddy Brandon is.

Goobylal
04-20-2017, 10:19 PM
I am starting to turn on Whaley.

This restricted Free Agent thing bothers. That said without Whaley we may have never had these guys on our team, so I am sort of stuck on my opinion.

Whaley is average to slightly above average in terms of draft hits, but his trade up for Sammy was not a great idea. Also only drafting one QB has significantly bothered me but that is not so much Whaley as a whole organizational deal.

Since 1983 the bills have drafted 10 QBs. Since 2001 (year after Brady so not counting Brady) the Pats have drafted 8.

Ron Wolfe was famous for saying you draft one every year and if you can flip a decent backup for assets you do it if you have a franchise guy. The league is a passing league and without a QB you will not win, so why do we keep passing on QBs. I am not saying early QBs every year but we should draft one in rounds 1-7 every year.

Hogan and Gillislee should have received a second round tendfer for the extra 700k. Hogan would have probably signed with another team this offseason but would have counted towards UFA lost to help with comp pick formula. With Mike we get a 5th back where we have had some success with RBs but man 700k.

I do not care they both went to the Pats it could have been any other team and this rings true.

I know our cap issues go away next year but there is some serious miscalculations going on.

The notion that the Bills should have tendered a JAG like Hogan at the 2nd round level is absurd. No team would have ever done that. And his loss meant little for the Bills, and his presence meant little for the Cheaters. They've won lots of games without him, Gronk, Welker, etc.

As for MG, they may actually want the 5th round pick. If they tendered him at the 2nd round level, no one comes calling. But they they could also match the offer, which apparently is the going rate for a good backup RB these days.

HHURRICANE
04-21-2017, 04:47 AM
Funny how Russ Brandon is involved with both teams and the Pegulas can't figure out what the link is. As long as this jerk is around we are doomed to fail.

Historian
04-21-2017, 05:03 AM
Funny how Russ Brandon is involved with both teams and the Pegulas can't figure out what the link is. As long as this jerk is around we are doomed to fail.

I think to get rid of him they would literally have to buy him out.

And given how many millions we are paying to just the football coaches not to coach here, it's a drain.

Now throw in the idiots from the hockey team, and its even worse.

SpikedLemonade
04-21-2017, 07:43 AM
I think to get rid of him they would literally have to buy him out.

And given how many millions we are paying to just the football coaches not to coach here, it's a drain.

Now throw in the idiots from the hockey team, and its even worse.

I wonder if Brandon owns a small % of the Bills.

Goobylal
04-21-2017, 07:47 AM

Yes, Russ is the puppet master. He's the one making the draft picks, signing players and coaches, coaching, and playing the games.

jamze132
04-21-2017, 09:02 AM
Buffalo Bills and Sabres both need some goddamn continuity.

Bill Cody
04-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Buffalo Bills and Sabres both need some goddamn continuity.

The Bills have some continuity. 17 years worth. What we need is some competance

Skooby
04-21-2017, 10:38 AM
The Bills have some continuity. 17 years worth. What we need is some competance
We Need to lose Whaley and all current management.

Goobylal
04-21-2017, 10:43 AM
We need to find a franchise QB.

jimmifli
04-21-2017, 02:36 PM

I'd be happy to keep Whaley on as our head of pro personnel, not sure he'd take it, but he's great at it.

SpikedLemonade
04-22-2017, 05:49 AM
That is right.

sudzy
04-22-2017, 03:10 PM
Doesn't matter. They'd only replace Whaley with an idiot anyway. .
That's kind of where I am. Whaley sucks and needs to be fired. But, the incompetence starts at the top. I have NO faith in Terry to fix either of these teams.

SpikedLemonade
04-23-2017, 07:38 AM
That's kind of where I am. Whaley sucks and needs to be fired. But, the incompetence starts at the top. I have NO faith in Terry to fix either of these teams.

Yup.

Skooby
04-23-2017, 10:26 AM
Terry is he owner, he needs to hire out to handle this.

SpikedLemonade
04-23-2017, 11:28 AM
Terry is he owner, he needs to hire out to handle this.

My point 3 years ago.