Now that the DP Fired Murray and Bylsma Will the DP Fire Whaley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • May 2024

Now that the DP Fired Murray and Bylsma Will the DP Fire Whaley?

OR just go frack us and go "dig another hole" while the Bills continue to suck under Whaley (just like Kim does)?
  • SpikedLemonade
    • May 2024

Re: Now that the DP Fired Murray and Bylsma Will the DP Fire Whaley?

"After reviewing the past season and looking at the future of our organization, Kim and I have decided to relieve general manager Tim Murray and head coach Dan Bylsma of their duties," Pegula said in the statement. "We want to thank Tim and Dan for their hard work and efforts that they have put in during their tenures with the club. We wish them luck. We have begun the process to fill these positions immediately."

Dan Bylsma and Tim Murray are out in Buffalo. The team announced on Thursday that both their coach and general manager have been fired. The Sabres fired the pair after a 33-37-12 campaign. The team finished last in the Atlantic Division and 14th in the Eastern Conference.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
      OR just go frack us and go "dig another hole" while the Bills continue to suck under Whaley (just like Kim does)?
      Doesn't matter. They'd only replace Whaley with an idiot anyway. For some reason it's just meant to go on and on and on in Buffalo sports. Maybe we spent all our sports karma on the 4 Bandits lacrosse championships and 10 division titles.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • May 2024

Originally posted by Mace View Post
        Doesn't matter. They'd only replace Whaley with an idiot anyway. For some reason it's just meant to go on and on and on in Buffalo sports. Maybe we spent all our sports karma on the 4 Bandits lacrosse championships and 10 division titles.
        Now you are Talking Proud....

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

No. If it was going to happen, it would have happened in January. Early February at the latest.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • May 2024

That is what I am talking about.

AND when hiring a new Bills GM, Kim must not be in the interview.
              Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                • Jul 2005

I am starting to turn on Whaley.

This restricted Free Agent thing bothers. That said without Whaley we may have never had these guys on our team, so I am sort of stuck on my opinion.

Whaley is average to slightly above average in terms of draft hits, but his trade up for Sammy was not a great idea. Also only drafting one QB has significantly bothered me but that is not so much Whaley as a whole organizational deal.

Since 1983 the bills have drafted 10 QBs. Since 2001 (year after Brady so not counting Brady) the Pats have drafted 8.

Ron Wolfe was famous for saying you draft one every year and if you can flip a decent backup for assets you do it if you have a franchise guy. The league is a passing league and without a QB you will not win, so why do we keep passing on QBs. I am not saying early QBs every year but we should draft one in rounds 1-7 every year.

Hogan and Gillislee should have received a second round tendfer for the extra 700k. Hogan would have probably signed with another team this offseason but would have counted towards UFA lost to help with comp pick formula. With Mike we get a 5th back where we have had some success with RBs but man 700k.

I do not care they both went to the Pats it could have been any other team and this rings true.

I know our cap issues go away next year but there is some serious miscalculations going on.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                  That is what I am talking about.

AND when hiring a new Bills GM, Kim must not be in the interview.
                  Who do you think will own the team when Terry passes away. I say let her in everything so she learns and when that unfortunate day arrives she has learned what it takes.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

^ if we could keep him as a lead scout and have someone else make the final decisions and contracts I'd be happy
                    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • May 2024

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                      Who do you think will own the team when Terry passes away. I say let her in everything so she learns and when that unfortunate day arrives she has learned what it takes.
                      I hope it is sold to another Buffalo area billionaire.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

Firing Doug Whaley would feel great - temporarily - until we realize Russ Brandon has seized control of the entire team's decision-making apparatus.

That's when this team truly reaches new depths of failure.
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • May 2024

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                          Firing Doug Whaley would feel great - temporarily - until we realize Russ Brandon has seized control of the entire team's decision-making apparatus.

That's when this team truly reaches new depths of failure.
                          We can go deeper?

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Whaley is average to slightly above average in terms of draft hits,
                            That's pretty generous, IMO he's average to slightly below.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • May 2024

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              That's pretty generous, IMO he's average to slightly below.
                              I would place him in the Poor to ****** category.

Comment

Working...
                              X