PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect from the New GM?

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2017, 11:33 AM
I think we all have major expectations from the New GM. but one of mine is rebuilding Rochester. For youngsters coming in, creating a winning culture down there will help make the transition easier. And creating a winning organization in Rochester will likely be easier than in Buffalo, at least off the bat. Got to get Rochester back and running.

swiper
04-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Geez. Pegula says in his press conference that he hasn't spoken to anybody yet. What a tool. Reporter immediately asks him how he's going to handle the amateur draft coming up in two months without a GM or coach (or heads of scouting) to handle it. Pegula is as lost as an owner could possibly be.

daryls61
04-21-2017, 11:41 AM
New GM/Coach will have character, be a good communicator, have a structure to their style/plan and and bring discipline to the players organization.

swiper
04-21-2017, 11:56 AM
New GM/Coach will have character, be a good communicator, have a structure to their style/plan and and bring discipline to the players organization.

I hear him say that, but he doesn't live in that hockey world where GMs do things on a handshake after dinner. He's clueless about a lot of things.

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2017, 01:10 PM
I hear him say that, but he doesn't live in that hockey world where GMs do things on a handshake after dinner. He's clueless about a lot of things.

He should open his checkbook and leave it at that, unless he needs to wine and dine someone.

ckg927
04-21-2017, 08:10 PM
He should open his checkbook and leave it at that, unless he needs to wine and dine someone.
Do that, and-as the Hockey News' Ken Campbell put it-then get the hell out of the way and let them do their jobs.

Skooby
04-21-2017, 08:37 PM
Geez. Pegula says in his press conference that he hasn't spoken to anybody yet. What a tool. Reporter immediately asks him how he's going to handle the amateur draft coming up in two months without a GM or coach (or heads of scouting) to handle it. Pegula is as lost as an owner could possibly be.Pegula is Clueless.

OpIv37
04-22-2017, 10:48 AM
I expect playoffs this year and a Stanley Cup sooner rather than later.

I know, that's a stupid generic statement but I'm sick and tired of being on the outside looking in for playoffs. Hockey isn't big around here but I know some Rangers and Caps fans who are all excited and I've seen a handful of Bruins fans sporting their jerseys around....meanwhile I'm watching baseball and discussing who the next coach and GM should be for our team. I mean seriously- I'm just a casual fan and I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the team to the playoffs at least once in the last 7 years.

Several times this year, I expressed doubt that this rebuild was working- apparently Pegula now agrees. Too bad it's largely his fault.

JATMtheJATM
04-22-2017, 02:08 PM
I expect playoffs this year and a Stanley Cup sooner rather than later.

I know, that's a stupid generic statement but I'm sick and tired of being on the outside looking in for playoffs. Hockey isn't big around here but I know some Rangers and Caps fans who are all excited and I've seen a handful of Bruins fans sporting their jerseys around....meanwhile I'm watching baseball and discussing who the next coach and GM should be for our team. I mean seriously- I'm just a casual fan and I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the team to the playoffs at least once in the last 7 years.

Several times this year, I expressed doubt that this rebuild was working- apparently Pegula now agrees. Too bad it's largely his fault.

I want high expectations and personnel to be held to it, so your simplistic answer is valid. And yeah, it's what we all want

coastal
04-22-2017, 06:31 PM
I expect more sh1t show.

JATMtheJATM
04-22-2017, 06:38 PM
I expect more sh1t show.

Pegula?

Skooby
04-23-2017, 10:30 AM
I expect more sh1t show.

This whole circus is full of clowns and no elephants.

coastal
04-23-2017, 12:12 PM
This whole circus is full of clowns and no elephants.

And what elephant is going to come work for Pegula at this point?