PDA

View Full Version : Trading down 10 picks to grab Mahomes?

BuffaloBlitz83
04-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Thoughts on that move if it gets a nice return in selections?

YardRat
04-23-2017, 08:18 PM
Who is Denver after?

I'd love a trade down, but not for a QB.

jamze132
04-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Can trade down and still get a top WR...

TacklingDummy
04-23-2017, 08:28 PM
Wait until next year to get a QB. Draft Williams to give him a weapon.

kgun12
04-23-2017, 09:14 PM
I was hoping for a trade down too, but I just read an article that said there won't be many trades in the first round because there is so much talent in this draft that teams aren't willing to part with 2nd and 3rd round picks knowing there is great value in those rounds.

TigerJ
04-23-2017, 09:43 PM
I agree, kgun. The Bills may want to trade down, but it's going to be difficult in this draft. IF the Bills managed to do it, Mahomes is intriguing. I wouldn't hate it, but obviously the Bills could get more immediate help by going in other directions.

YardRat
04-24-2017, 05:58 AM
Even if they can't find a dance partner in the first round, they are in pretty good position at 44 and 75 to swing deals with somebody who has fallen in love with a particular player that has dropped into the second or third rounds. I also wouldn't be afraid of taking less to let a team move up into #10. With the talent in this first round, it's ok to swap firsts and only pick up a fourth or third, instead of being stubborn and holding out for a second, blowing the deal.

cookie G
04-24-2017, 06:41 PM
eh...I'd give strong consideration to taking him at 10.

Not out of desperation that "we need a QB" or that he can throw the ball 80 yards...

but he can do some things that most QB's can.t Watch how much time he has to throw, and what he does with that time..

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k4rGwPzAnbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some anonymous scout was quoted in Rotoworld today...said something like:

"I went into watching him thinking, 'texas tech, dink, dink, dink dunk.., but came away smiling at the way he can pull plays out of his ass"

Maybe I need a reason to smile when it comes to the Bills.