PDA

View Full Version : I must say, this draft pundit did his legwork.

stuckincincy
04-23-2017, 10:04 PM
It takes a lot to not only predict for seven rounds, but also to predict trades. Quite the effort....

For BUF, he says:

Buffalo Bills

Round Overall Player Notes
1 10 CB Marshon Lattimore
2 44 Traded to Washington
2 49 WR Cooper Kupp from Washington*
3 75 Traded to Tampa Bay
3 84 OT Julie'n Davenport from Tampa Bay*
4 123 DT Jaleel Johnson from Washington*
4 125 WR Amara Darboh from Tampa Bay*
5 156 TE George Kittle
5 163 OLB Dylan Cole from New England (for Gillislee)
5 171 Traded to Pittsburgh from Dallas
5 173 S Tedric Thompson from Pittsburgh*
6 195 RB Corey Clement
7 248 CB Nate Hairston from Pittsburgh*

"At No. 10, the Bills pick up a guy who could go as high as second overall in Lattimore, an elite talent who has some medical red flags that could cause him to slide. The Bills showed last year they're willing to overlook health concerns to land premium talent in the draft. Lattimore gives them a much-needed replacement for Stephon Gilmore after the corner jumped to the division-rival Patriots.

From there, the Bills move down twice on Day 2 and once on Day 3 to amass picks and help new coach Sean McDermott land players who could help the personnel transition inherent in regime changes. Kupp is an excellent possession receiver who will complement the team's No. 1 receiver, Sammy Watkins. Davenport is an underrated tackle prospect who should push for playing time at right tackle quickly and could develop into a blind-side protector.

The Bills land two fourth-rounders in their Day 2 trades, picking up defensive line depth for McDermott as well as another receiving option who could potentially develop into a three-wide option with Watkins and Kupp. The fifth round brings an H-back/tight end in Kittle who should mesh well with Rick Dennison's offense, plus linebacker and safety depth (with one pick a result of Mike Gillislee's offer sheet with the Patriots). Clement serves as a potential Gillislee replacement, while Hairston brings needed depth at corner.
cooper-kupp-eastern-washington.jpg"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-every-pick-trade-and-draft-class-for-all-32-teams/

Skooby
04-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Won't fall that far and we don't want a CB first, it's WR or bust with our first pick.

Scumbag College
04-23-2017, 10:50 PM
I think the Bills are going to submit their pick with 3 seconds trying to trade down if they don't get any bites from anyone else at #10 to trade up. The writing is on the wall that the Bills need picks with this current roster and if Howard, Jonathan Allen, one of the top safeties, Fournette, no WRs and/or no QBs taken yet Whaley might be able to do business.

Thursday night will be interesting.

stuckincincy
04-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Won't fall that far and we don't want a CB first, it's WR or bust with our first pick.

May well be so.

But I did appreciates the fellow's insight about the new HC's philosophy.

Personally, I'm inclined to go for DE Barnett if CIN stays at their spot and doesn't tap him. The local drumbeat for him is on the rise, and has been for some time, as I have mentioned previously.

Barnett:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/derek-barnett?id=2557984

What CIN does at their pick matters to BUF...if they stay.

FWIW, I think Owner Brown doesn't care to deal with the future contract ramifications of a top 10 pick, and will duck out.

I'd dislike it if BUF had someone on their board they were lusting about so much that they would sell low to move up one spot.

stuckincincy
04-24-2017, 12:44 AM
I think the Bills are going to submit their pick with 3 seconds trying to trade down if they don't get any bites from anyone else at #10 to trade up. The writing is on the wall that the Bills need picks with this current roster and if Howard, Jonathan Allen, one of the top safeties, Fournette, no WRs and/or no QBs taken yet Whaley might be able to do business.

Thursday night will be interesting.

I'd say go defense no matter. They inked Taylor for another year, and he just doesn't have it in him to spot/anticipate receivers, so he bails out and legs it.

Not surprisingly, it's been pretty mum since the signing about his alleged injury...

YardRat
04-24-2017, 05:36 AM
Pass on Lattimore, I hope somebody else hops on him early.

Jry44
04-24-2017, 08:49 AM

We don't? Do you know anything about Sean MCDermott?

In a pass happy leave where team are consistently spreading 5 receivers out wide, we, a CB needy team, don't want a blue chip, lock down potential corner at 10?

We can justifiably go CB, S, LB, WR, Oj Howard (hybrid TE), or OT with that pick. It absolutely is not WR or bust, especially when there will be solid players at that position there in the 2nd.

Team get in trouble when they pass on blue chip players and draft for need instead. If a blue chip guy like Lattimore is there at 10, they have to take him.

Jry44
04-24-2017, 08:51 AM
May well be so.

But I did appreciates the fellow's insight about the new HC's philosophy.

Personally, I'm inclined to go for DE Barnett if CIN stays at their spot and doesn't tap him. The local drumbeat for him is on the rise, and has been for some time, as I have mentioned previously.

Barnett:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/derek-barnett?id=2557984

What CIN does at their pick matters to BUF...if they stay.

FWIW, I think Owner Brown doesn't care to deal with the future contract ramifications of a top 10 pick, and will duck out.

I'd dislike it if BUF had someone on their board they were lusting about so much that they would sell low to move up one spot.

I wouldn't mind this either. This is the first draft in a long time where we could go in a multitude of directions and it would make sense. There are more holes on this roster than people realize.

Topas
04-24-2017, 08:56 AM
This guy definitely did his homework. We draft a guy with an injury history that the other teams let slide. Sounds realistic to me.
Well maybe Whaley's role is really diminished and we draft a guy with working body parts ... one can hope right?

Jry44
04-24-2017, 09:07 AM
This guy definitely did his homework. We draft a guy with an injury history that the other teams let slide. Sounds realistic to me.
Well maybe Whaley's role is really diminished and we draft a guy with working body parts ... one can hope right?

If you play football, you're going to have an injury history.

Skooby
04-24-2017, 09:40 AM
If you play football, you're going to have an injury history.
There are different levels of injuries, some are permanently debilitating and other are temporary. I can personally assure you that one injury hurts other parts of your body, it's cascading during a normal season.

I for one wondered why we took Willis McGahee after that devasting injury, the pattern of stupidity hasn't stopped since. Who takes a crippled guy hoping for better, it's like starting from the bottom.

EDS
04-24-2017, 09:59 AM
It takes a lot to not only predict for seven rounds, but also to predict trades. Quite the effort....

For BUF, he says:

Buffalo Bills

Round Overall Player Notes
1 10 CB Marshon Lattimore
2 44 Traded to Washington
2 49 WR Cooper Kupp from Washington*
3 75 Traded to Tampa Bay
3 84 OT Julie'n Davenport from Tampa Bay*
4 123 DT Jaleel Johnson from Washington*
4 125 WR Amara Darboh from Tampa Bay*
5 156 TE George Kittle
5 163 OLB Dylan Cole from New England (for Gillislee)
5 171 Traded to Pittsburgh from Dallas
5 173 S Tedric Thompson from Pittsburgh*
6 195 RB Corey Clement
7 248 CB Nate Hairston from Pittsburgh*

"At No. 10, the Bills pick up a guy who could go as high as second overall in Lattimore, an elite talent who has some medical red flags that could cause him to slide. The Bills showed last year they're willing to overlook health concerns to land premium talent in the draft. Lattimore gives them a much-needed replacement for Stephon Gilmore after the corner jumped to the division-rival Patriots.

From there, the Bills move down twice on Day 2 and once on Day 3 to amass picks and help new coach Sean McDermott land players who could help the personnel transition inherent in regime changes. Kupp is an excellent possession receiver who will complement the team's No. 1 receiver, Sammy Watkins. Davenport is an underrated tackle prospect who should push for playing time at right tackle quickly and could develop into a blind-side protector.

The Bills land two fourth-rounders in their Day 2 trades, picking up defensive line depth for McDermott as well as another receiving option who could potentially develop into a three-wide option with Watkins and Kupp. The fifth round brings an H-back/tight end in Kittle who should mesh well with Rick Dennison's offense, plus linebacker and safety depth (with one pick a result of Mike Gillislee's offer sheet with the Patriots). Clement serves as a potential Gillislee replacement, while Hairston brings needed depth at corner.
cooper-kupp-eastern-washington.jpg"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-every-pick-trade-and-draft-class-for-all-32-teams/

The guy who did that mock has watched Draft Day a few times too many.

Ed
04-24-2017, 10:04 AM
I like the idea of trading down in the 2nd and 3rd, and gaining two 4th round picks. That would be pretty sweet.

Jry44
04-24-2017, 11:10 AM
There are different levels of injuries, some are permanently debilitating and other are temporary. I can personally assure you that one injury hurts other parts of your body, it's cascading during a normal season.

I for one wondered why we took Willis McGahee after that devasting injury, the pattern of stupidity hasn't stopped since. Who takes a crippled guy hoping for better, it's like starting from the bottom.

Taking the day off from shooting Captain Obvious commercials to surf message boards? :giggity:

swiper
04-24-2017, 11:24 AM
Taking the day off from shooting Captain Obvious commercials to surf message boards? :giggity:

:rofl:

jamze132
04-25-2017, 05:55 AM
No QB? Lol