• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daryls61
    • Jan 2013

Bills declined to match two-year, $6.4 million offer sheet for Gillslee

TD Mike is gone. He is now a Cheatriot.

Last edited by daryls61; 04-24-2017, 02:53 PM.
    The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Bills declined to match two-year, $6.4 million offer sheet for Gillslee

Good, we shouldn't have matched.

Comment

• streetkings01
      • Jul 2006

We found 2 productive running backs in Karlos Williams & Mike Gillislee the same season.........not worried at all.
      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Don't like this.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Buh-bye.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

If it was any other team I wouldn't care that much, but I just hate that he's a Patriot.

If the Bills can trade down and get an extra pick or two, I wouldn't mind seeing them use their 2nd round pick on RB Alvin Kamara if he's available.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
              Good, we shouldn't have matched.
              Well, we should have offered him the higher tender so NE would have had to give up a 2nd to sign him and we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. But Whaley and Overdorf have mismanaged the cap so badly that they couldn't spare the extra $900 k for the 2nd round tender.

The real issue here isn't whether we should or shouldn't have matched. It's the myriad of errors that got us here in the first place.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Just another complete cluster fudge by this Mickey Mouse organization

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  Well, we should have offered him the higher tender so NE would have had to give up a 2nd to sign him and we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. But Whaley and Overdorf have mismanaged the cap so badly that they couldn't spare the extra $900 k for the 2nd round tender.

The real issue here isn't whether we should or shouldn't have matched. It's the myriad of errors that got us here in the first place.
                  Yes, but we're still talking about a backup running back here.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                    Yes, but we're still talking about a backup running back here.
                    We aren't ready to do business at all, it's been an ongoing mess and completely exemplifies exactly why we are heading to 20 years of no playoffs. We don't take care of the little things and expect the big things to work out, unfortunately in a professional environment with the brightest minds that edge is the difference between winning and losing. Until we get that and lose the multi-years of ignorance in management, plan on more years of futility.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

Oh well.....

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                        • Jul 2002

NE already has him practicing how to handle kickoffs, so that he never repeats the Jets game fiasco.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

All aboard the Fournette Train!
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Scumbag College
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            All aboard the Fournette Train!
                            I can really see this happening.
                            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Buffalo gets NE's 5th round selection as compensation. Jonathon Williams is the heir apparent for Gillislee's role on the team. Williams had an inauspicious rookie year, but in case anyone has forgotten, he had a major injury that cost him his final year of college ball. It may be that his injury, and the lost year of college ball had a lot to do with his ineffectiveness last season. There is at least a possibility he'll be much improved this season.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X