• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Bills Pre-Draft QB Visits/Workouts

Pretty much everybody in the NFL thinks the Bills are going to go QB at some point in this draft, the question is when and with whom?

A hint may lie in their Pre-Draft work that we know about. The following are lists of QB's they've either brought in for a private visit, worked out, or scouted at a pro day/all-star game:
    Chad Kelly - East/West All-Star Game; Ole Miss Pro Day; Local Pro Day
    Mitch Turbisky - Combine; Private Workout; UNC Pro Day
    Deshaun Watson - Combine; Clemson Pro Day; Private Visit
    Pat Mahomes - Combine; Private Workout
    Deshone Kizer - Private Workout
    Nathan Peterman - Private Workout; Private Visit
    Brad Kaaya - Miami Pro Day
    Joshua Dobbs - Tennessee Pro Day
    Phillip Walker - Private Visit

Some of these players got multiple looks/interviews from the Bills, some got only a private visit or Pro-Day spotting. Obviously it doesn't guarantee anything, but Whaley hasn't always been one to hold his cards too tightly to the vest when it comes to drafting players. If I had a hunch I would say the Bills target is probably in that bunch but its not Turbisky, Watson, Mahomes, or Kizer. I think they like 1-2 other guys as Day 2-3 options who could be potential starters.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills Pre-Draft QB Visits/Workouts

My guess on QB's, if we select any...and that's a big if...

Peterman or Kaaya in Round 3

Kelly with one of those 3 5th round picks.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Bills don't draft a qb at all. Unless they gain some extra picks. They've got Yates as a vet backup and Cardale Jones as a young developmental guy. If they draft a qb they're going to have to cut that qb or cut Jones. It doesn't really make sense to cut Jones after one year when they said all along that he's a raw player that would need a few years to develop. Maybe they draft a guy late and he ends up on the PS, but I just don't see them using an early pick on this weak/suspect qb class.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

I'm sure Russ Brandon can't wait for chad Kelly. Not saying he won't be good as a late pick or UDFA. Just hoping they don't second round him.
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
          I'm sure Russ Brandon can't wait for chad Kelly. Not saying he won't be good as a late pick or UDFA. Just hoping they don't second round him.
          Whack job...

The agents for former Ole Miss quarterback Chad Kelly said the NFL has not provided a reason for the rescinding of his combine invitation and that he might still travel to Indy later this month.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
          X