PDA

View Full Version : Be the GM v5.0

DraftBoy
04-26-2017, 08:04 AM
Today's scenario is pretty easy, you're in charge of the Bills and at #10 you get your badly needed safety help in Jamal Adams. Now as the first round is unfolding you have to consider what do you want to do. Right now lots of top players are falling, so what do you do?

1. Cleveland - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
2. San Francisco – Mitch Turbisky, QB, UNC
3. Chicago – Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
4. Jacksonville – Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
5. Tennessee – Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
6. New York Jets – Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
7. Los Angeles Chargers - S Malik Hooker, Ohio State
8. Carolina - Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
9. Cincinnati – Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
10. Buffalo – Jamal Adams, S, LSU
11. New Orleans – Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple
12. Cleveland – OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
13. Arizona - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
14. Philadelphia – John Ross, WR, Washington
15. Indianapolis – Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
16. Baltimore – Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
17. Washington – Zach Cunningham, OLB Vanderbilt
18. Tennessee – David Njoku, TE, Miami
19. Tampa Bay – Obi Meligonwu, S, UConn
20. Denver – Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
21. Detroit - Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
22. Miami – Forrest Lamp, OL, W. Kentucky
23. New York Giants – Garrett Bolles, OT, Utah
24. Oakland – ON THE CLOCK
25. Houston

Top 10 Prospects left (Per CBS):
ILB Reuben Foster - Alabama
WR Corey Davis - Western Michigan
RB Dalvin Cook - FSU
CB Gareon Conley - Ohio State
OLB TJ Watt - Wisconsin
DT Malik McDowell - Michigan State
CB Kevin King - Washington
SS Jabrill Peppers - Michigan
DE Charles Harris - Missouri
OLB Takkarist McKinley - UCLA

Also still available:
QB Pat Mahomes - Texas Tech
QB DeShone Kizer - Notre Dame
OT Cam Robinson - Alabama

So with potential QB needy teams in Houston, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans all still to come in Round 1. Do you try and jump any of them to get a shot at Mahomes or another falling prospect? Or do you sit tight at 44 knowing that all of the players above may be gone?

If you're trying to make the trade you need to explain what you're offering, why Oakland (or any team thereafter) would be compelled to take it, and who you'd select.

If you're not trying to make the trade, who are you looking at for #44?

EDS
04-26-2017, 08:09 AM
Sit tight at 44.

DraftBoy
04-26-2017, 08:10 AM
Sit tight at 44.

And target?

Night Train
04-26-2017, 08:45 AM
And target?
Either WR Zay Jones of East Carolina or OLB Tyus Bowser of Houston. Instant starters.

EDS
04-26-2017, 10:22 AM
And target?

Depends on what happens in the intervening 20 picks and who is available (if McKinley fell, for example, I would be tempted), but likely a corner (Kevin King, Adoree Jackson, Marlon Humphrey, Tradavious White, Qunicy Wilson, etc.), linebacker (Jarrad Davis, Duke Riley, etc.) or wide receiver (would prefer to wait until round 3, but someone like JuJu Smith Schuster, Zay Jones, Evan Engram, Chris Godwin, Amara Darboh, etc. at some point)

YardRat
04-26-2017, 05:13 PM
If we trade up at any point in this draft I'm going to be pissed. I don't care who is on the board and when, there isn't anybody in this draft that is going to make a difference that will out-value a different player plus extra picks this year or next. Trade down and acquire picks, or stand pat and take a guy from the list of still available.

ParanoidAndroid
04-26-2017, 05:20 PM
Sit. Lacking ammunition and needing bodies, a long range trade up involving the 1st round is not preferable. Jarrad Davis is high on my list at 44 along with Evan Engram, and Quincy Wilson.

Mace
04-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Sit tight until 44. There's going to be good CB's, WR's there, TE's, probably OT Taylor Moton, maybe LB Davis. Too many options left and no need to spend picks we need to use well.

Mouldsie
04-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Sit tight, we cant afford to move up with our lack of talent and resources. I would keep an eye on TJ Watt if he falls otherwise BPA R2 but prob not QB.

DraftBoy
04-27-2017, 06:09 AM
Sit tight, we cant afford to move up with our lack of talent and resources. I would keep an eye on TJ Watt if he falls otherwise BPA R2 but prob not QB.

I think he's probably the last guy I want. Overhyped based on his name without anywhere near the same level of athleticism or skill.

Mouldsie
04-27-2017, 05:37 PM
I think he's probably the last guy I want. Overhyped based on his name without anywhere near the same level of athleticism or skill.
Well JJ Watt is one of the 3 most athletic players in the league.

TJ Watt is only top 5% at his position.

Thurmal
04-27-2017, 06:06 PM
Would be awesome if Adams fell.

I think the secondary pick is a no-brainer. It's the position we need the most, and the one position that our scouting dept. has been historically good at evaluating.