PDA

View Full Version : Full Chad Kelly Sports Science video

WagonCircler
04-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Anybody who doesn't think this kid is worth spending a third on is insane.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19204092

But if Doug Whaley is actually doing the drafting, he won't even look at him. He places zero value on accuracy.

Ingtar33
04-26-2017, 10:18 AM
its never been about kelly's arm.

its about his head. still fantastic showing with a bum throwing wrist.

justasportsfan
04-26-2017, 10:20 AM
EJ Manuel

They said he's acurate but we know he couldn't hit a 5 yard target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir8UwEaFpmw

Trent Edwards - they actually compared Trentative to a ginslinger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al1p_xuPKpM

More like Science that has NOTHING to do with how good or bad a QB will be.

With that being said, I would use a 4th pick on his talent alone. It's not like we've been stacked for 17 years.

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 10:25 AM
I don't want Chad Kelly because I don't trust this team to evaluate him objectively.

Russ Brandon wants him cuz he'll sell a lot of jerseys with "Kelly" on the back and tickets to preseason games that no one would care about otherwise. His skill level and any potential character concerns are irrelevant.

feldspar
04-26-2017, 10:28 AM
I don't want Chad Kelly because I don't trust this team to evaluate him objectively.

Russ Brandon wants him cuz he'll sell a lot of jerseys with "Kelly" on the back and tickets to preseason games that no one would care about otherwise. His skill level and any potential character concerns are irrelevant.

Ridiculous.

Turf
04-26-2017, 10:32 AM
I would take him, maybe with that extra 5th rounder. But then again, he's accurate and he's white something Whaley doesn't like in QBs.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-26-2017, 10:54 AM
I think he's what the Bills target in late rounds. QBs for this team this year is set. Chad will be stashed somewhere for a year.

Contrary to the belief that Jim Kelly's link making it difficult, I believe the opposite. Besides, the Bills should have more inside to his off-field and general life behavior than anyone else.

I happened to watch a couple of his college games. Definitely more pro-oriented style and willingness to throw to tight windows, sometimes too willing.

Cali512
04-26-2017, 10:59 AM

I normally agree with you, but you just said that regardless of skill, you don't want him because he would sell tickets. He'd be a 3rd or 4th rounder and has the best arm talent the past two years.

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 11:40 AM
I normally agree with you, but you just said that regardless of skill, you don't want him because he would sell tickets. He'd be a 3rd or 4th rounder and has the best arm talent the past two years.

That's not what I said. Of course I want a talented player. What I'm saying is that I don't trust this FO to evaluate his talent objectively because they see the dollar signs attached to the Kelly name, and I don't want a player based on a tainted evaluation.

feldspar
04-26-2017, 11:51 AM
That's not what I said. Of course I want a talented player. What I'm saying is that I don't trust this FO to evaluate his talent objectively because they see the dollar signs attached to the Kelly name, and I don't want a player based on a tainted evaluation.

What dollar signs? How much more money do you figure the Bills organization will make if they drafted him?

The Bills sell tickets regardless, and they make money regardless. There would be no underhanded ploy if they draft this guy.

BTW, Russ Brandon does not draft players whatsoever. Nor does he evaluate talent once guys are on the roster...I don't see any "let's trick 'em" scenario involved if they were to draft Chad Kelly. If they think he's good and has potential, they will draft him if they think the value is there at the spot they pick. Do you REALLY think they would draft him if they thought he had no potential? Never mind, I guess you DO think that. Ridiculous.

What kind of approval rating do you figure Chad Kelly has with Bills fans, anyway? Everybody knows that he has issues and is not Jim Kelly, anyway. You may as well just go ahead and call the entire Bills fan-base morons...yeah, the front office is a bunch of shysters, and the fan-base is composed of the ignoramus.

Lots of fans have never even seen Jim Kelly play, too.

cookie G
04-26-2017, 11:55 AM
I'd take him off my board based soley on that podium dance in the beginning of the segment.

Looked like a bad imitation of the guy from the Fresh Prince.

feldspar
04-26-2017, 12:12 PM
I'd take him off my board based soley on that podium dance in the beginning of the segment.

Lol, I didn't care for that either.

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 12:24 PM
What dollar signs? How much more money do you figure the Bills organization will make if they drafted him?

The Bills sell tickets regardless, and they make money regardless. There would be no underhanded ploy if they draft this guy.

BTW, Russ Brandon does not draft players whatsoever. Nor does he evaluate talent once guys are on the roster...I don't see any "let's trick 'em" scenario involved if they were to draft Chad Kelly. If they think he's good and has potential, they will draft him if they think the value is there at the spot they pick. Do you REALLY think they would draft him if they thought he had no potential? Never mind, I guess you DO think that. Ridiculous.

What kind of approval rating do you figure Chad Kelly has with Bills fans, anyway? Everybody knows that he has issues and is not Jim Kelly, anyway. You may as well just go ahead and call the entire Bills fan-base morons...yeah, the front office is a bunch of shysters, and the fan-base is composed of the ignoramus.

Lots of fans have never even seen Jim Kelly play, too.
If we draft Chad Kelly, I guarantee people will be wearing his jersey at the first preseason game. Lots of them.

And no, Russ doesn't draft players or evaluate talent. But he's the boss of the people that do and he has Pegula's ear. All he would have to do is say "wouldn't it be cool if we had another Kelly at QB?" and he's influenced the process.

That's assuming he's not directly involving himself in the process. He claims he isn't but I don't believe him. Of course that's just my opinion- I have no way to prove or disprove it.

feldspar
04-26-2017, 12:29 PM
If we draft Chad Kelly, I guarantee people will be wearing his jersey at the first preseason game. Lots of them.

And no, Russ doesn't draft players or evaluate talent. But he's the boss of the people that do and he has Pegula's ear. All he would have to do is say "wouldn't it be cool if we had another Kelly at QB?" and he's influenced the process.

That's assuming he's not directly involving himself in the process. He claims he isn't but I don't believe him. Of course that's just my opinion- I have no way to prove or disprove it.

You're paranoid, dude.

I suggest you take a step back...

bleve
04-26-2017, 12:46 PM

That's the one thing that stood out to me more than anything else in that video. I'm glad someone else saw that.

ParanoidAndroid
04-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Sports science? Entertainment only.

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 01:00 PM
You're paranoid, dude.

I suggest you take a step back...

Russ and some of his lackeys have been the only consistent pieces in 10 years of suckage and we know OBD is an organizational cluster****. It's really not a stretch at all.

feldspar
04-26-2017, 01:01 PM
That's the one thing that stood out to me more than anything else in that video. I'm glad someone else saw that.

I noticed that, but the thing that stood out to me the most in this video is how accurate Chad Kelly was throwing the ball in these drills...

His accuracy in these drills is not everything by a long shot, but it's not nothing, either.

feldspar
04-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Russ and some of his lackeys have been the only consistent pieces in 10 years of suckage and we know OBD is an organizational cluster****. It's really not a stretch at all.

It's pure paranoia, Opie.

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 01:25 PM
It's pure paranoia, Opie.

Think what you want. The snake oil salesman grifts another one.

feldspar
04-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Think what you want. The snake oil salesman grifts another one.

I'd watch the Bills no matter how good or bad they are, Opie...fact in point.

Nobody is pulling the wool over my eyes, nor do they need to.

For a guy who claims to use logic like Mr. Spock, you sure aren't using it here.

You are jumping to conclusions based on pure paranoia again, old pal. What conclusions would you draw if the Bills DON'T draft Chad Kelly?

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 01:37 PM
I'd watch the Bills no matter how good or bad they are, Opie...fact in point.

Nobody is pulling the wool over my eyes, nor do they need to.

For a guy who claims to use logic like Mr. Spock, you sure aren't using it here.

You are jumping to conclusions based on pure paranoia again, old pal. What conclusions would you draw if the Bills DON'T draft Chad Kelly?
Well tough to draw any conclusions. Maybe they wanted to but someone else took him too early. Maybe they never wanted him. Maybe Russ wanted him but got shouted down for once (not likely- the only one above him is Pegula and Pegula listens to him).

feldspar
04-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Well tough to draw any conclusions. Maybe they wanted to but someone else took him too early. Maybe they never wanted him. Maybe Russ wanted him but got shouted down for once (not likely- the only one above him is Pegula and Pegula listens to him).

How do YOU personally feel about Chad Kelly as a player, Opie?

..that's the question...

What is your opinion about Chad Kelly strictly as a player?

cookie G
04-26-2017, 01:47 PM

Using a 5th round pick, or even a 3rd round, isn't going to break this team one way or the other.

Now if you've got Russ or the Pegula's demanding that he becomes the starter when he's not ready, or throws hissy fits like he did at Clemson and upper management tells the coaching staff to just live with it...that's another story.

But getting him for a midround pick, I'm fine with it.

HAMMER
04-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Go get him in Rd.4.

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 02:36 PM
How do YOU personally feel about Chad Kelly as a player, Opie?

..that's the question...

What is your opinion about Chad Kelly strictly as a player?

I've never seen him play. I do know about his off the field issues and that makes me hesitant.

swiper
04-26-2017, 02:44 PM
Go get him in Rd.4.

I thought they did not have a 4th round pick.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/4/25/15418690/buffalo-bills-2017-nfl-draft-order-finalized-mike-gillislee-restricted-free-agent-patriots

feldspar
04-26-2017, 03:06 PM
I've never seen him play.

Bingo, then...

Hard to believe you'd have anything of substance to say about the matter then...not that I thought you did before...

You have no idea what you are talking about then, really. It's OK to admit it. We already know about your paranoia and how you don't trust the a-holes. Drafting Kelly would be evidence of NOTHING...

WagonCircler
04-26-2017, 03:18 PM
I've never seen him play. I do know about his off the field issues and that makes me hesitant.

What??????

Then your opinion is COMPLETELY worthless.

Wow.

Skooby
04-26-2017, 03:21 PM
Mid-Saturday flyer wouldn't upset me.

bdutton
04-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Anybody who doesn't think this kid is worth spending a third on is insane.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19204092

But if Doug Whaley is actually doing the drafting, he won't even look at him. He places zero value on accuracy.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/03b61ff011046bdf10830ca406bee241/tumblr_onyzr8ZoHI1uvmiulo1_250.gif

jamze132
04-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Go get him in Rd.4.

He'll be available in RD 7

Cali512
04-26-2017, 03:59 PM
Kellys college tape reminds me of Luck and Rodgers. Sadly though he made so many bad decisions in some games that his stock dropped. But I've seen him do a lot of plays Rodgers has, including being drilled and making a perfect pass in double coverage. His biggest issue is forcing a read he makes pre snap. If he can learn to play every play as it unfolds hell be elite

SpikedLemonade
04-26-2017, 04:39 PM
O GOD who gives a crap?

Who wants this circus sideshow for 3 years until we cut his drunk ass?

YardRat
04-26-2017, 04:40 PM
I still say he's the best prospect in this draft and would be in the conversation for the first QB coming off the board if he didn't get hurt.

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 04:44 PM
What??????

Then your opinion is COMPLETELY worthless.

Wow.
Then clearly you didn't read my opinion. My opinion is that the organization won't evaluate him objectively because of his name. It wouldn't change if I watched every single snap he ever played because it's about OBD, not about him.

feldspar
04-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Then clearly you didn't read my opinion. My opinion is that the organization won't evaluate him objectively because of his name. It wouldn't change if I watched every single snap he ever played because it's about OBD, not about him.

You wouldn't know either way though, would you, Opie?

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 05:09 PM
You wouldn't know either way though, would you, Opie?

Wouldn't know what? If Kelly is any good or if OBD can be objective about him?

WagonCircler
04-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Kellys college tape reminds me of Luck and Rodgers. Sadly though he made so many bad decisions in some games that his stock dropped. But I've seen him do a lot of plays Rodgers has, including being drilled and making a perfect pass in double coverage. His biggest issue is forcing a read he makes pre snap. If he can learn to play every play as it unfolds hell be elite

This is exactly correct. The thing is, learning not to force reads is a learnable skill. Unlike our last few QB prospects, who had fatal flaws (accuracy). This makes him a much better gamble than someone like EJ, who ALWAYS had accuracy problems. High School, College, and throughout his miserable tenure with the Bills.

feldspar
04-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Wouldn't know what? If Kelly is any good or if OBD can be objective about him?

You know nothing apart from your paranoia on the matter.

WagonCircler
04-26-2017, 05:17 PM

That's insane.

Every member of the organization who will still be employed after the housecleaning will be evaluated according to how players perform, not how many jerseys they sell.

Russ Brandon will have no say in this. There was a time when he might have, but not now. This is the Head Coach's call. He is beholden to no one.

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 05:23 PM
You know nothing apart from your paranoia on the matter.

I'm far from the only one who believes Brandon meddles.

Obviously I can't prove it. We won't be successful til he is gone, and that's the closest we will ever come to knowing.

OpIv37
04-26-2017, 05:25 PM
That's insane.

Every member of the organization who will still be employed after the housecleaning will be evaluated according to how players perform, not how many jerseys they sell.

Russ Brandon will have no say in this. There was a time when he might have, but not now. This is the Head Coach's call. He is beholden to no one.

Everyone at OBD is beholden to Brandon. Not directly, but he makes his opinions known and those who want to keep their jobs comply. Officially he has no football responsibility, but there's no way it works like that behind the scenes.

WagonCircler
04-26-2017, 05:30 PM
Everyone at OBD is beholden to Brandon. Not directly, but he makes his opinions known and those who want to keep their jobs comply. Officially he has no football responsibility, but there's no way it works like that behind the scenes.

There was a time that was the case. That ship has sailed.

They now have him negotiating with Labatt's for Brew Houses and such. He's isolated from personnel decisions after having screwed up so royally so frequently.

Nobody hates Russ more than I do, but I believe that Pegula has built a firewall between him and personnel. Rex was the last straw.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-26-2017, 06:51 PM
There was a time that was the case. That ship has sailed.

They now have him negotiating with Labatt's for Brew Houses and such. He's isolated from personnel decisions after having screwed up so royally so frequently.

Nobody hates Russ more than I do, but I believe that Pegula has built a firewall between him and personnel. Rex was the last straw.

God I hope you're right. I just don't buy it yet.

Mouldsie
04-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Using a 5th round pick, or even a 3rd round, isn't going to break this team one way or the other.

Now if you've got Russ or the Pegula's demanding that he becomes the starter when he's not ready, or throws hissy fits like he did at Clemson and upper management tells the coaching staff to just live with it...that's another story.

But getting him for a midround pick, I'm fine with it.

This is a good take

justasportsfan
04-26-2017, 08:32 PM
OP lnows nothing about Chad Kelly but he knows everything that goes on in OBD. Even more than Pegula himself.

djjimkelly
04-26-2017, 09:50 PM

lol i almost agree

but this kid is gonna be a player i hope its here

and he needs to grow up fast. a red shirt year rehabbing with his uncle around might have him poised for a huge 2018 after we dump tyrod this next offseason

DraftBoy
04-27-2017, 06:15 AM
I still say he's the best prospect in this draft and would be in the conversation for the first QB coming off the board if he didn't get hurt.

Injury aside, his off the field stuff was never going to keep him that discussion. Especially after additional incidents occurred this year. Talent wise there is no question he's among the most, if not the most, talented pure passer in the class but his head had him off some team boards before he even finished his senior season. He was always going to be a Day 2 pick prior to the additional issues and injuries, now probably somewhere on Day 3.

SpikedLemonade
04-27-2017, 06:30 AM
Please NO circus.

Please NO Chad Kelly.

Jry44
04-27-2017, 09:42 AM
I feel like being in Buffalo would be the absolute worst thing for this kid....

feldspar
04-27-2017, 10:17 AM
I feel like being in Buffalo would be the absolute worst thing for this kid....

Maybe...maybe. Kinda strange, anyway.

If you remember, the Texans considered Derek Carr pretty much off-limits in the 2014 draft because of his brother David's legacy there in Houston. That was the buzz, and this was true even though they needed a QB desperately that year (and still). They picked first that year, and could have had him in the second round...I bet you that they regret not taking him now.

Family ties are a strange thing sometimes, but I wouldn't let that alone be the deciding factor either way.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-27-2017, 10:21 AM

If you remember, the Texans considered Derek Carr pretty much off-limits in the 2014 draft because of his brother David's legacy there in Houston. That was the buzz, and this was true even though they needed a QB desperately that year (and still). They picked first that year, and could have had him in the second round...I bet you that they regret not taking him now.

Family ties are a strange thing sometimes, but I wouldn't let that alone be the deciding factor either way.

Im going off topic but in a way I felt bad for David Carr. Don't think he was given a real chance by the organization. Never given an o line. Essentially sacked out of the league.

feldspar
04-27-2017, 10:33 AM
Im going off topic but in a way I felt bad for David Carr. Don't think he was given a real chance by the organization. Never given an o line. Essentially sacked out of the league.

I hear ya, but never feel sorry for a young multi-millionaire who still has his health...

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-27-2017, 11:05 AM
I hear ya, but never feel sorry for a young multi-millionaire who still has his health...
I'm with you there too. That's why I said 'in a way'

Jry44
04-27-2017, 01:05 PM

Family reason are a big part, but not entirely it. He obviously has some character concerns, and playing in his home town, around the crew he used to run with could be the worst thing for him given his new fame. I feel that he would be much better to be isolated from all of that, in a different city with a team with a good support structure. Kansas City would be perfect for him.

feldspar
04-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Family reason are a big part, but not entirely it. He obviously has some character concerns, and playing in his home town, around the crew he used to run with could be the worst thing for him given his new fame. I feel that he would be much better to be isolated from all of that, in a different city with a team with a good support structure. Kansas City would be perfect for him.

Meh, you never know. Being in his hometown could give him more stability, too.

trapezeus
04-27-2017, 02:53 PM
I don't want a qb with as many red flags as Chad kelly. He will be asked to be a leader and he isn't one. Demonstrated over and over again. And he has family pedigree to teach him better.

If he goes undrafted maybe he cleans up his act and sees what happens. If he's drafted, he will contribute to be an entitled headache.

Am inright? Time will tell. Maybe not. But I'm not willing to gamble on him. I would rather suck this next year and have a differentnscouting team select a qb in a better class without the risk of picking an alumni family member

SpikedLemonade
04-27-2017, 02:57 PM
I don't want a qb with as many red flags as Chad kelly. He will be asked to be a leader and he isn't one. Demonstrated over and over again. And he has family pedigree to teach him better.

If he goes undrafted maybe he cleans up his act and sees what happens. If he's drafted, he will contribute to be an entitled headache.

Am inright? Time will tell. Maybe not. But I'm not willing to gamble on him. I would rather suck this next year and have a differentnscouting team select a qb in a better class without the risk of picking an alumni family member
No sane Bills fan does.