PDA

View Full Version : Mayock Mock for Bills - Reuben Foster

Night Train
04-26-2017, 07:40 PM
If it's Foster or Reddick, I'm happy.

TigerJ
04-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Personally, I'd prefer Reddick. Faster, bigger, no character or health red flags. The only drawback with Reddick is a position switch - from pure edge rusher in college to a true linebacker. Besides, unless you put Foster in at mike and render Ragland nearly useless, it's a position switch for Foster too.

SpikedLemonade
04-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Foster would not be the end of the world.

Cali512
04-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Foster reminds me of Cowhert

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-26-2017, 08:30 PM
i'm no scout, but i watched his (fosters) interview on first take the other day and i was less than impressed. the reason is he said something to the effect of 'i was doing something i can't say on national tv.'
my fear is just saying **** like that (i believe anyway) is gonna get your scrutinized more by the league. just hope if he is the guy he isn't another Dareus ******.

kingJofNYC
04-26-2017, 10:25 PM
I'd love Foster, but I'm concerned about his physical health, the guys delivers punishment but with that comes a ton of punishment on your own body. How are his shoulders? And he may also be a disaster off the field. No question he's one of the elite guys in this draft.

Reddick would be great if we were still in a 34, hell he may still be great, but you have to project with him since he hasn't really played off the ball.

Night Train
04-27-2017, 06:41 AM
i'm no scout, but i watched his (fosters) interview on first take the other day and i was less than impressed. the reason is he said something to the effect of 'i was doing something i can't say on national tv.'
my fear is just saying **** like that (i believe anyway) is gonna get your scrutinized more by the league. just hope if he is the guy he isn't another Dareus ******.

I saw him on ESPN. He's a football player. Perspective.

Like 95% of the players, he'll never split the atom. He's cattle.. wearing our laundry.

DraftBoy
04-27-2017, 07:36 AM
Foster is a hell of a prospect and could be a premier LB in the NFL. His off the field stuff is scary, but the guy has the potential to be what Ray Lewis was. His instincts, speed, and ability to hit are off the charts.

The issue with taking Foster is where does he play? If you leave him at ILB then Ragland becomes WLB? If you move Foster to S/WLB then he's out of position and does his potential take a dip? He made seven tackles this past season against RB/WR who were pass catchers which speaks to his ability to read the pass and get to the ball. He also was pretty effective on his blitzes, blitzing 29 times with 1 sacks, 5 hits, and 1 hurry. That's a QB pressure every 4.1 blitzes which isn't bad coming from a ILB spot.

PFF calls him the most complete LB in this draft:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-reuben-foster-is-the-best-most-complete-lb-alabama-crimson-tide/

In the end if you take Foster, it has to be to move him outside to protect Ragland's limited range and allow him to hit holes and fill against the run. Alexander is your blitzer off the edge, Ragland is the fill guy, and Foster is the sideline to sideline LB who does a little of everything.

Night Train
04-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Foster is a hell of a prospect and could be a premier LB in the NFL. His off the field stuff is scary, but the guy has the potential to be what Ray Lewis was. His instincts, speed, and ability to hit are off the charts.

The issue with taking Foster is where does he play? If you leave him at ILB then Ragland becomes WLB? If you move Foster to S/WLB then he's out of position and does his potential take a dip? He made seven tackles this past season against RB/WR who were pass catchers which speaks to his ability to read the pass and get to the ball. He also was pretty effective on his blitzes, blitzing 29 times with 1 sacks, 5 hits, and 1 hurry. That's a QB pressure every 4.1 blitzes which isn't bad coming from a ILB spot.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-reuben-foster-is-the-best-most-complete-lb-alabama-crimson-tide/

In the end if you take Foster, it has to be to move him outside to protect Ragland's limited range and allow him to hit holes and fill against the run. Alexander is your blitzer off the edge, Ragland is the fill guy, and Foster is the sideline to sideline LB who does a little of everything.

Bullseye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9jHvfASsHs

Just look at this guy. He sets the tone for the whole D. Plays out of his mind on every snap. Fills our OLB need.

cookie G
04-27-2017, 07:46 AM
So if you attached Foster and Lawson together at their bad shoulders, would that give you one player with 2 good shoulders?

The Bum Shoulder Gang?
the One Armed Bandits?
the Fugitives?

Working on a nickname for the new defense already.

SpikedLemonade
04-27-2017, 07:51 AM
So if you attached Foster and Lawson together at their bad shoulders, would that give you one player with 2 good shoulders?

The Bum Shoulder Gang?
the One Armed Bandits?
the Fugitives?

Working on a nickname for the new defense already.

How about -- The Porous WhoresTM?

JoeMama
04-27-2017, 07:56 AM
Like DraftBoy & Night Train, I think we can afford to secure a specialized OLB at #10 and still fill our needs at DB given how deep the draft is at the position.

No doubt we'll use a mid round pick on a backup RB.

The only position of need that concerns me is WR. If we don't take one in the first or second, we may just have to make due with who we have. With Tyrod's limitations, it probably doesn't matter anyway.

Forward_Lateral
04-27-2017, 07:59 AM

Is he a McDermott kind of person though? With all of this talk about character, changing the culture, etc, it would be kind of hypocritical to go ahead and draft this guy, wouldn't it?

I'm not saying they should, or shouldn't, just wondering if he's even a consideration.

Night Train
04-27-2017, 08:29 AM
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/reuben-foster-nfl-draft-shoulder-training-camp

psubills62
04-27-2017, 08:30 AM
Eh, I'm wary of Foster. Also unsure if he's a great fit in this defense, or that he really fills a hole on the roster. Moving from the 3-4 to the 4-3 means we already had several ILB's.

10 seems a bit high for Reddick, but his versatility could be really useful for a team that seems to need at least a few LB's. Lance Zeierlein was on Cowherd's show the other day and thought Reddick had the potential to be a transformational player. His ability to rush the passer from a LB position could be valuable, too. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Reddick, personally.

HAMMER
04-27-2017, 08:35 AM
If Reddick is there at 10 I think he's their choice.

Turf
04-27-2017, 09:03 AM
My gut feel is Mahomes is the best QB in the draft and call me nuts if they got him I would still take Kelly in the 5th. At that point I think we could end the QB issues for years to come.

Forward_Lateral
04-27-2017, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like draft McCaffery at 10 to be honest.

Thurmal
04-27-2017, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like draft McCaffery at 10 to be honest.
Me either. It would fill zero holes, be a complete luxury pick, and alienate our team's only star player. It's the EXACT kind of pick the Bills would make.

Jry44
04-27-2017, 09:46 AM

Great points! How did Saban utilize the two when they were on the field together at Alabama? That duo was ridiculous!

Jry44
04-27-2017, 09:49 AM
I feel that this is such a deep draft that with all of the hole we have, there aren't too many picks that would make me scratch my head. Foster would be a gem at 10, and think he'll be there. If Howard, Hooker, Adams, or Lattimore aren't there at 10 I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Foster be taken.

Night Train
04-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Me either. It would fill zero holes, be a complete luxury pick, and alienate our team's only star player. It's the EXACT kind of pick the Bills would make.

Slot WR and backup RB. Kick Returner

The guy is valued for a reason.

Forward_Lateral
04-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Slot WR and backup RB. Kick Returner

The guy is valued for a reason.

You would be happy if they took him at 10?

Night Train
04-27-2017, 10:28 AM
You would be happy if they took him at 10?

I don't expect it.

What cracks me up about this place is posters mentioning all these off the wall ideas and then feigning personal rage over it. It's all fantasy.

I just look for the ****** button but only find Ignore

Forward_Lateral
04-27-2017, 10:35 AM
I don't expect it.

What cracks me up about this place is posters mentioning all these off the wall ideas and then feigning personal rage over it. It's all fantasy.

I think it will be someone we don't expect. I don't care as long as it's not Deshaun Watson at 10

swiper
04-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Foster reminds me of Cowhert

Do you mean Sam Cowart? LOL.

swiper
04-27-2017, 11:18 AM
I don't expect it.

Mmmmmmmm. Can never have enough mock drafts!!! Eventually you'll find a yahoo who picks your guy in one of those. Like having not having enough chocolate sauce on your ice cream.