PDA

View Full Version : If this is a McDermott draft...

Mouldsie
04-26-2017, 07:47 PM
Who should we give more consideration to? Less consideration to? He seems to be high on character and toughness.

More:
OJ Howard
Jamal Adams
Shaquill Griffen

Less:
Reuben Foster
Gareon Conley
Chad Kelly

?

What do you think? Who should we keep an eye on?

Night Train
04-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Reuben Foster or Hassan Reddick will remind him of Luke Kuechly and how that sets the tone for the D.

TigerJ
04-26-2017, 07:59 PM
Certainly Conley's and Foster's issues seem fresher due to media attention. I think McDermott will have second thoughts about them certainly. Chad Kelly's off field issues are ancient history, and it's going to depend on what McDermott thinks of his claimed new found maturity. The Bills have had ample opportunity to do a ton of due diligence on Chad, and that will have an effect on Buffalo's drafting thoughts. Besides, Chad's injuries drop him further down the boards to where he's probably no better than a fifth or sixth round pick. You're more likely to take a flyer on a promising kid at that point in the drat than the first round where Foster and Conley have both been solidly projected. That's not to say I'm predicting Chad Kelly to the Bills.

Cali512
04-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Reuben Foster or Hassan Reddick will remind him of Luke Kuechly and how that sets the tone for the D.

Reddick is closer to Shaq then Kuechly. Honestly I see absolutely no similarities between a speed edge rusher and a pure ILB.

Now for the question, Howard would be a Whaley type pick

If we draft Hooker/McCafferey/Lattimore/Ross, I can see that being more of a McDermott type pick

Foster, Mike Williams, Howard, or Watson would have Whaleys name written all over it

POTLAND PSILBYLO
04-26-2017, 11:06 PM
Draft anyone named red dick

swiper
04-27-2017, 05:11 AM
PLEASE stop linking Howard to the Bills. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

The linebackers are real good. Safeties too. CB, as much as I hate it, it makes some sense.

Rumors this morning saying Browns could surprise and take Trubiski at #1, which would turn things upside down to some degree.

DraftBoy
04-27-2017, 06:08 AM
PLEASE stop linking Howard to the Bills. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

The linebackers are real good. Safeties too. CB, as much as I hate it, it makes some sense.

Rumors this morning saying Browns could surprise and take Trubiski at #1, which would turn things upside down to some degree.

I don't think it turns much upside down, the Browns go Turbisky the 49ers are taking Garrett and everything stays the same.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2017, 06:37 AM
I don't think it turns much upside down, the Browns go Turbisky the 49ers are taking Garrett and everything stays the same.

A team taking a QB before us does change things dramatically. It moves a premiere player down a spot.

Night Train
04-27-2017, 06:50 AM
Reddick is closer to Shaq then Kuechly. Honestly I see absolutely no similarities between a speed edge rusher and a pure ILB.

Impact and tone setting. Nothing to do with exact position match.

DraftBoy
04-27-2017, 07:29 AM
A team taking a QB before us does change things dramatically. It moves a premiere player down a spot.

I think no matter what a QB is going before we pick tonight.

jamze132
04-27-2017, 07:49 AM
I'm happy with LB or S. Ok with WR but I'd rather grab one in RD 2 while getting a premier player on defense in RD 1.

tomz
04-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Impact and tone setting. Nothing to do with exact position match.

I agree. The comparison might be more to Thomas Davis? We would expect Reddick to be the kind of high mobility OLB that McDermott likes.

Pinkerton Security
04-27-2017, 08:24 AM
I think no matter what a QB is going before we pick tonight.
Hopefully 2!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I think there is no way in hell that Howard or Adams fall all the way to us.