X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouldsie
    • Aug 2012

If this is a McDermott draft...

Who should we give more consideration to? Less consideration to? He seems to be high on character and toughness.

More:
    OJ Howard
    Jamal Adams
    Shaquill Griffen

Less:
    Reuben Foster
    Gareon Conley
    Chad Kelly

?

What do you think? Who should we keep an eye on?
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: If this is a McDermott draft...

Reuben Foster or Hassan Reddick will remind him of Luke Kuechly and how that sets the tone for the D.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Certainly Conley's and Foster's issues seem fresher due to media attention. I think McDermott will have second thoughts about them certainly. Chad Kelly's off field issues are ancient history, and it's going to depend on what McDermott thinks of his claimed new found maturity. The Bills have had ample opportunity to do a ton of due diligence on Chad, and that will have an effect on Buffalo's drafting thoughts. Besides, Chad's injuries drop him further down the boards to where he's probably no better than a fifth or sixth round pick. You're more likely to take a flyer on a promising kid at that point in the drat than the first round where Foster and Conley have both been solidly projected. That's not to say I'm predicting Chad Kelly to the Bills.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        Reuben Foster or Hassan Reddick will remind him of Luke Kuechly and how that sets the tone for the D.
        Reddick is closer to Shaq then Kuechly. Honestly I see absolutely no similarities between a speed edge rusher and a pure ILB.

Now for the question, Howard would be a Whaley type pick

If we draft Hooker/McCafferey/Lattimore/Ross, I can see that being more of a McDermott type pick

Foster, Mike Williams, Howard, or Watson would have Whaleys name written all over it
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
          Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
          • Nov 2012

Draft anyone named red dick

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

PLEASE stop linking Howard to the Bills. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

The linebackers are real good. Safeties too. CB, as much as I hate it, it makes some sense.

Rumors this morning saying Browns could surprise and take Trubiski at #1, which would turn things upside down to some degree.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              PLEASE stop linking Howard to the Bills. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

The linebackers are real good. Safeties too. CB, as much as I hate it, it makes some sense.

Rumors this morning saying Browns could surprise and take Trubiski at #1, which would turn things upside down to some degree.
              I don't think it turns much upside down, the Browns go Turbisky the 49ers are taking Garrett and everything stays the same.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                I don't think it turns much upside down, the Browns go Turbisky the 49ers are taking Garrett and everything stays the same.
                A team taking a QB before us does change things dramatically. It moves a premiere player down a spot.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                  Reddick is closer to Shaq then Kuechly. Honestly I see absolutely no similarities between a speed edge rusher and a pure ILB.
                  Impact and tone setting. Nothing to do with exact position match.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                    A team taking a QB before us does change things dramatically. It moves a premiere player down a spot.
                    I think no matter what a QB is going before we pick tonight.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

I'm happy with LB or S. Ok with WR but I'd rather grab one in RD 2 while getting a premier player on defense in RD 1.

Comment

• tomz
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                        Impact and tone setting. Nothing to do with exact position match.
                        I agree. The comparison might be more to Thomas Davis? We would expect Reddick to be the kind of high mobility OLB that McDermott likes.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          I think no matter what a QB is going before we pick tonight.
                          Hopefully 2!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I think there is no way in hell that Howard or Adams fall all the way to us.

Comment

Working...
                          X