PDA

View Full Version : It's Trubisky at 10..

HAMMER
04-27-2017, 10:59 AM
..if he is still on the board according to Sporting News "latest rumors" .

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-rumors-news-updates-browns-49ers-bears-eagles-steelers-cowboys/4jla52tbm7ws1met4algvpiw9

WagonCircler
04-27-2017, 11:05 AM
..if he is still on the board according to Sporting News "latest rumors" .

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-rumors-news-updates-browns-49ers-bears-eagles-steelers-cowboys/4jla52tbm7ws1met4algvpiw9

Trubisky's upside or lack thereof aside, if this isn't a smokescreen, it's an interesting look into how the Bills feel about the future at QB. And the future's name isn't Tyrod or Cardale.

swiper
04-27-2017, 11:05 AM
No. That's not the latest rumor.

John Wawrow
✔ @john_wawrow

Second person informs me #Bills taking QB in first round very unlikely.
John Wawrow
✔ @john_wawrow

What I've been told.

Stranger things may happen, but fact is it's unlikely #Bills go QB.
Best I can say. Especially tough with 10th pick..

AND...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/26/will-trubisky-be-the-no-1-overall-pick/

swiper
04-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Who the hell is Eric Galko anyway? Is that Skooby's real name. The man with all the inside scoop?

DraftBoy
04-27-2017, 11:21 AM
Who the hell is Eric Galko anyway? Is that Skooby's real name. The man with all the inside scoop?

Pretty well respected draft analyst. He's got some connections, not sure he's right on this one though.

Ed
04-27-2017, 11:31 AM
I'm not buying the qb talk for the Bills. I think they really want to trade down and get more picks.

A lot of interesting draft info/rumors in that article.

swiper
04-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Gotta love a DL named Taco going to the Dolphins.

Thurmal
04-27-2017, 12:16 PM
They're hopefully smoke-screening in an effort to knock Adams or Hooker down to #10.

If they draft a QB at #10, I would have to ask why Taylor wasn't cut and a cheap stop-gap wasn't brought in.

Joe Fo Sho
04-27-2017, 12:23 PM
If they draft a QB at #10, I would have to ask why Taylor wasn't cut and a cheap stop-gap wasn't brought in.

It's ok, you can ask that question regardless of who they draft at 10.

Buffalogic
04-27-2017, 12:31 PM
They're hopefully smoke-screening in an effort to knock Adams or Hooker down to #10.

If they draft a QB at #10, I would have to ask why Taylor wasn't cut and a cheap stop-gap wasn't brought in.Tyrod's 15 mil is the cheap stop-gap.

jimmifli
04-27-2017, 12:33 PM
If he's there at 10 the Browns trade up from 12 (offering the 33), and we draft both Mahomes at 12.

JoeMama
04-27-2017, 12:52 PM
If it IS Trubisky, well, at least I can take solace in the fact it isn't Kizer or Watson.

Kizer will be the biggest QB bust of the draft IMO.

Jry44
04-27-2017, 01:08 PM
If it IS Trubisky, well, at least I can take solace in the fact it isn't Kizer or Watson.

Trubisky has only played 13 games, and every highlight I see of him throwing a deep ball it is badly under thrown. I feel like he could be the biggest bust I he goes in the top 10, which I feel that he will.

sukie
04-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Trubisky's upside or lack thereof aside, if this isn't a smokescreen, it's an interesting look into how the Bills feel about the future at QB. And the future's name isn't Tyrod or Cardale.

And... It's the end of Whaley. (unless Mitchell can "freestyle")

jimmifli
04-27-2017, 01:55 PM

Kizer is going to slide a long way. Maybe long enough that he won't really even be considered a bust. But yeah he's going to suck.

Night Train
04-27-2017, 02:10 PM
It's completely hushed at OBD. Guessing.

JoeMama
04-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Trubisky has only played 13 games, and every highlight I see of him throwing a deep ball it is badly under thrown. I feel like he could be the biggest bust I he goes in the top 10, which I feel that he will.

You and I saw very different highlight reels.

Trubisky was the only guy I saw throwing into tight coverage where only the WR could catch it. NFL type throws. He let too much air under a couple deep balls, but most his deep balls were strikes. The argument he doesn't have a great arm is totally overwrought.

Bottom line for me is, no way Trubisky sucks more than Kizer in the NFL. No even a remote possibility.

ticatfan
04-27-2017, 02:22 PM
Watson will be gone by the 4th pick. IMO

JoeMama
04-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Watson will be gone by the 4th pick. IMO

Rumor mill says Jags like him.

But with Tom Coughlin advising them, I have to believe that's a smokescreen.

If they do draft Watson, all my Jag fan friends will be on suicide watch tonight at my draft party.

psubills62
04-27-2017, 02:27 PM
We have some major smokescreens every year with Whaley as GM. Going to assume this is one.

JoeMama
04-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Kizer is going to slide a long way. Maybe long enough that he won't really even be considered a bust. But yeah he's going to suck.

Yeah that's true. The expectations will drop significantly depending where he lands.

I just don't see anything in his game resembling that of an NFL QB.

Jry44
04-27-2017, 02:53 PM
You and I saw very different highlight reels.

Trubisky was the only guy I saw throwing into tight coverage where only the WR could catch it. NFL type throws. He let too much air under a couple deep balls, but most his deep balls were strikes. The argument he doesn't have a great arm is totally overwrought.

Bottom line for me is, no way Trubisky sucks more than Kizer in the NFL. No even a remote possibility.

I'm not saying his arm strength is weak;as you mentioned he does make some difficult throws into tight spits. His deep ball accuracy, however, is a big knock on him. He struggles there.

ticatfan
04-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Rumor mill says Jags like him.

But with Tom Coughlin advising them, I have to believe that's a smokescreen.

If they do draft Watson, all my Jag fan friends will be on suicide watch tonight at my draft party.I think he is going to be winner.

JoeMama
04-27-2017, 03:15 PM
I think he is going to be winner.

Sure, in the CFL.

JoeMama
04-27-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm not saying his arm strength is weak;as you mentioned he does make some difficult throws into tight spits. His deep ball accuracy, however, is a big knock on him. He struggles there.

Fair enough, I'm not even making the case Trubisky is going to be successful in the NFL. Jury's out on that. He does a lot of good things but grades out more like a 2nd rounder IMO.

The main point I was making by referencing Trubisky is that I'm certain he'll be better than Kizer, who is a total zero.

Jry44
04-27-2017, 03:50 PM
Fair enough, I'm not even making the case Trubisky is going to be successful in the NFL. Jury's out on that. He does a lot of good things but grades out more like a 2nd rounder IMO.

The main point I was making by referencing Trubisky is that I'm certain he'll be better than Kizer, who is a total zero.
I completely agree.

jamze132
04-27-2017, 05:16 PM

No, that award goes to Trubisky or Garrett.