• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Salaam changes attitude, gets another NFL shot with Niners

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Rashaan Salaam once thought his Heisman Trophy made him something special. After a rocky NFL career, an XFL stint and two years out of football, Salaam no longer has any such delusions.

It's not hard to be humble at the San Francisco 49ers' training camp, where Salaam is just another guy in pads hoping to make the team. But Salaam is grateful even for his low spot on the depth chart as the 49ers give him a chance to revive a once-promising career.

``I had to realize that in this business, the past doesn't mean anything,'' Salaam said. ``It's what you do now. I just had to change my attitude and get humbled. I had to realize nobody owes you anything in this game.''

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Salaam tries to reach potential

49ers give 1994 Heisman winner a shot
    Maybe it was just too easy for running back Rashaan Salaam. As a Heisman Trophy winner in 1994 out of Colorado and a 1,000-yard rusher as a rookie with the Chicago Bears, seemingly all Salaam had to do was stay healthy and accolades and money would rain down like manna from heaven.

But the skies never opened for Salaam. First came the fumbles, a whopping nine of them in his rookie season. Then came the injuries, which included a broken leg.

Then came the critics who slammed Salaam for his lack of desire. And finally the admission from Salaam of heavy marijuana use during his three years in Chicago.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Numbers game claims RB Salaam

Running back Rashaan Salaam took a run at the 49ers' roster. In fact, he made several runs, including a 10-yard touchdown run in Saturday night's 27- 12 win over New Orleans.

However, on Sunday, Salaam's time ran out. He was released along with seven other players as the 49ers pared the roster in preparation for Tuesday's deadline of a 65-man limit.

Salaam, the 1994 Heisman Trophy winner from Colorado, is trying to restart his career. He hasn't played in a regular-season game since 1999.
      more
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
      X