X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

I fully expect the KC pick to be top 10-20

First off they are in a division with Oakland and Denver, along with Phillip Rivers who just got a big body WR in the draft. I cant see their roster being able to compete
    2nd, Charles is getting old, they just caused a possible QB controversy, and Kelce kind of overstayed his welcome last year and has became hated. This all, along with the fact that their D has no obvious elite players past Berry. This would be one of the teams I fully expect to go through a season like the Bengals did last year.

Not only this, if we have a bad season, next year is what I've heard to be the best QB draft in a long time, I can't see how our trade is considered bad. I really really and you can quote me on this, think Garrett, Trubisky, Ross, Davis, Reddick, and Mike Williams (even though I do hang some hope for him) will all be busts. I've watched as much tape as I can and each scream Maybin, Goff, Stephen Hill, and Floyd (who would be a bust top 10)
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: I fully expect the KC pick to be top 10-20

Reid isn't perfect.

He's a good coach, but he reminds me of a Knox or Scottenheimer.

Great regular season, no playoff imagination.

And that's a tough division.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      Reid isn't perfect.

He's a good coach, but he reminds me of a Knox or Scottenheimer.

Great regular season, no playoff imagination.

And that's a tough division.

I really think KC was perfect for us, a lot of teams that just haven't made it on the cusp bust out one year (Cinci this year, Houston during the Shaub years)
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        First off they are in a division with Oakland and Denver, along with Phillip Rivers who just got a big body WR in the draft. I cant see their roster being able to compete
        2nd, Charles is getting old, they just caused a possible QB controversy, and Kelce kind of overstayed his welcome last year and has became hated. This all, along with the fact that their D has no obvious elite players past Berry. This would be one of the teams I fully expect to go through a season like the Bengals did last year.

Not only this, if we have a bad season, next year is what I've heard to be the best QB draft in a long time, I can't see how our trade is considered bad. I really really and you can quote me on this, think Garrett, Trubisky, Ross, Davis, Reddick, and Mike Williams (even though I do hang some hope for him) will all be busts. I've watched as much tape as I can and each scream Maybin, Goff, Stephen Hill, and Floyd (who would be a bust top 10)
        Charles isn't with the Chiefs anymore, he was cut earlier this season. Yet I'll agree with you most likely the Chiefs pick will be in the teens.

Comment

• GingerP
          • Aug 2012

I think they will be in the 20's. They have been pretty consistent the last few years since Reid got there, winning 11, 9, 11 & 12 games. They still have Alex Smith, a good but not great QB. I would guess they end up around 24-28.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

I never think much of the Chiefs, but they exceed my expectations every year (at least lately). They average 10.75 wins per season under Andy Reid.

Fun side fact: We've played them 9 out of the last 10 seasons, including Week 12 this year at Arrowhead. So we can directly improve our draft pick from them...or we can make it worse.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
              I never think much of the Chiefs, but they exceed my expectations every year (at least lately). They average 10.75 wins per season under Andy Reid.
              Fun side fact: We've played them 9 out of the last 10 seasons, including Week 12 this year at Arrowhead. So we can directly improve our draft pick from them...or we can make it worse.
              Kind of balances out with our own draft pick.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
                Kind of balances out with our own draft pick.
                Ha, that's a good point. Didn't even cross my mind.

Comment

• Homegrown
                  Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                  • Jul 2008

There’s an old saying when it comes to betting & investing - “the trend is your friend”.

Since 2000, Andy Reid teams have made the playoffs 12 times, and has finished under .500 only twice in that same time period.

The last three years, his record has been 9-7, 11-5, 12-4.

Suggesting KC would be drafting closer to #10 than #32 is not a bet I would take ....don't buck the trend.

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

The good news is that KC's schedule looks pretty tough and taking Mahommes doesn't help make them any better next season.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
                      There’s an old saying when it comes to betting & investing - “the trend is your friend”.

Since 2000, Andy Reid teams have made the playoffs 12 times, and has finished under .500 only twice in that same time period.

The last three years, his record has been 9-7, 11-5, 12-4.

Suggesting KC would be drafting closer to #10 than #32 is not a bet I would take ....don't buck the trend.
                      Watch they make it to the AFC Title game.

Denver doesn't have a QB and the Raiders are the Raiders. In the past 14 years they have only finished about .500 one time.

Comment

Working...
                      X