PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore, Darby, and now White

ghz in pittsburgh
04-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Do you think they are so much different?

Gilmore made the pro-ball last year, but honestly he is expected to be better than one appearance of pro-ball by all accounts in NFL. Thus far, he's a good solid player, not sure a great player.

I'll term Darby at this point a solid player. A starter for sure.

White, by all accounts, is expected to be a solid player. He'll have the lowest ceiling among the 3. I kind of expect him to be the most consistent player though.

sukie
04-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Do you think they are so much different?

Gilmore made the pro-ball last year, but honestly he is expected to be better than one appearance of pro-ball by all accounts in NFL. Thus far, he's a good solid player, not sure a great player.

I'll term Darby at this point a solid player. A starter for sure.

White, by all accounts, is expected to be a solid player. He'll have the lowest ceiling among the 3. I kind of expect him to be the most consistent player though.
Comparing past players with a rook is stoopid. If the Bills select a LB are the Poz comparisons automatic?

Night Train
04-28-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry but Gilmore played better late in the year when the season was slipping away. Early on, he didn't play well at all. Glad he got his $ outside of Buffalo. Darby looked better. Seymour showed he could really run and needed to work on technique. He can improve.

Now the Bills will run more of a zone and the CB's will not be hung out 1 on 1 as often. I think we'll be fine in this scheme.

swiper
04-28-2017, 12:42 PM
Rex Ryan made both Darby and Seymour look worse than they truly were due to the scheme he employed.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Let's turn the question around and put it in this way. How many misses the Bills have under Nix/Whaley picking a CB?

Night Train
04-28-2017, 02:24 PM
Let's turn the question around and put it in this way. How many misses the Bills have under Nix/Whaley picking a CB?

Ask McDermott that question and see if he cares.